How Was Amrit Sanchar Conducted Between 1699-1708 ?

i will look for the rehitname on charanpahul and copy the text into this later tonight or tomorow. But the rehitname makes it clear that it was still in use after 1699

Maybe charan pahul was carried on by people hostile to Guruji. meene masandiye, ram rayees or dhir malliye etc.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought Dasam Granth was made only after Guru Ji's physical passing? Didn't a Singh collect Guru Ji's Bani and turn it into Dasam Granth, rather than it being compiled by Guru Ji himself?

Which would mean there was no parkash of Dasam Granth at the time.

Also, I was told that before 1699, charanpahul was used and that this was not always from Guru Ji but sometimes from a highly-regarded Sikh. Did this carry on after 1699 [ie Panj Pyare alone (with Khande-de-pahul)]?

i am sure udasis still take charan pol

I thought Dasam Granth was made only after Guru Ji's physical passing? Didn't a Singh collect Guru Ji's Bani and turn it into Dasam Granth, rather than it being compiled by Guru Ji himself?

Also, I was told that before 1699, charanpahul was used and that this was not always from Guru Ji but sometimes from a highly-regarded Sikh. Did this carry on after 1699 [ie Panj Pyare alone (with Khande-de-pahul)]?

This is not a Santhan forum so allow mentioning your sects and so on,go do that on <admin cut link> where the rest of the crap is

This is not a Santhan forum so allow mentioning your sects and so on,go do that on <admin cut link> where the rest of the crap is

I acknowledge there are some curropt udasi sub sects who does beadhi and have many hindu elements over sikh elements but not all of them if one does research, but why would one does research at the first place on udasi? right off in their twisted mind they are hindus.

Its extremely halirous new age khalistanis don't even know their principles.... ..only old school khalistani know anandpur resolution by heart ..its written in anandpur resolution where khalistan concept took birth itself to reintergrate udasi and nirmale in the panth:

source: http://www.sikhcoalition.org/Sikhism21.asp

7.7. Taking appropriate measures for the enactment of an All India Gurdwaras Act with a view to improving the administration of the gurdwaras throughout the country and to reintegrate the traditional preaching sects of Sikhism like Udasis and Nirmalas, without in any way encroaching upon the properties of their maths

What do you new age hardcore khalistan youths do all day anyway? sikh youtube? sant jarnail singh videos? tupac songs? listen to dhadi rap?? thats expected...i don't really expect you guys do vichar on gurbani which should be center of sikh daily life routine... atleast do yourself favor you can memorize anandpur resolution by heart where idea of khalistan took birth before spewing gands other sampardava's.

over and out !

bro namstang, what if youre a khalistani and have no probs with the udasi/nirmale samprdaye? what wud or cud i do?

As for Anandpur Sahib giving us the idea of Khalistan, i dont think thats true. Anandpur Matta only talks of more power to the states, not Khalsa Raaj.

The idea of Khalsa Raaj came into concept snce sikhi was born. Not in 1973.

I also beleive in khalsa raj over khalistan. if you wish to have khalsa raaj spin over this topic of udasi . Look into multiple definations of khalsa in sarbloh granth- one adhyatamic not limited to amritdhari khalsa and second socio-political-religious limited to khalsa mera roop hai khaas.. limited to khalsa who have taken pahul of khanda.

Inder Singh, none of there sources you have mentioned, about amritsanchar are contemporary. I believe Gur Kia Sakhia are from 18th centuary, and The Bhai Gurdas, is from 1760 something. None of them even lived during the time of Guru Gobind Singh.

The Granth mentioned by Bijla Singh is new to me. :)

Inder Singh, none of there sources you have mentioned, about amritsanchar are contemporary. I believe Gur Kia Sakhia are from 18th centuary, and The Bhai Gurdas, is from 1760 something. None of them even lived during the time of Guru Gobind Singh.

The Granth mentioned by Bijla Singh is new to me. :)

Guru kian sakhian is day today account of guru ji's court by bhats who were attendents at the court.If you raed the book Piara singh Padam details how Giani Garja singh found the writings of sarup singh kaushish who ahd decpiphered the writings of his ancestors.

What else you want.

Let me tell you one thing .I think you are one of the persons ho was contesting that there was No Bala character?But i can give you a proof that bala sandhu was companion of Guru nanak dev ji as i raed a book recently.Though this does not pertain to the subject but is essential to tell that tarditions do not take roots suddenly.

Does it matter? Should anybody care? NO!

After 1708, the bloodiest period of Sikh history was to start. After Guru Gobind singh ji , Nawab Kapur Singh and Bhai Mani Singh played an important role in conducting amrit sanchar . After their deaths there was no real sikh leadership to fill the gap. The period after Baba Banda Bahadur was the darkest in Sikh History.

The Sikhs after Banda Bahadur were fighting for existence. Sikhs were looking at ways to sustain the religion of Guru Nanak Guru Gobind Singh and to survive at all costs. There were awards and prices on their heads. They were hunted like people hunt wild beasts in jungles. A sikh could not appear in public, then how could he conduct amrit sanchar. Sikhs were killed on sight. Numerically they numbered very few. There was only one thing on the mind of Sikhs , Survive , Survive at all costs. They did not have time to write any history, no preservation of any historical records was possible. Where would they store these records, on horsebacks?

The wars started in 1702 and continued till 1708. When the mughal and hill tribesmen had occupied Anandpur after long seige, they razed everything to the level of ground, burning, looting everything in site. When 'our own army' did not spare anything in 1984, what the 'enemy army' would have done in 1706 can be easily imagined. Sikhs were fighting for survival after that and not for writing history.

The reason i said all this is beacuse people want to know and judge facts based on records of this period. Guru Gobind Singh administered 'Khande di pahul' on 1699. All the Sikhs who took amrit from 'Singhs' took it this way. I don't know and don't care how the Udasis, nirmalas, ram rayees, dhir maliye took pahul. Does it matter. Even if people administred amrit in wrong way, it does not take away the fact how Guru Gobind Singh did it. We should follow how Guru Gobind singh did and not how 'apostates' seem to think.

There are a variety of historical records to show that Guru Gobind singh administered 'Khande di pahul' in 1699.

Does it matter? Should anybody care? NO!

After 1708, the bloodiest period of Sikh history was to start. After Guru Gobind singh ji , Nawab Kapur Singh and Bhai Mani Singh played an important role in conducting amrit sanchar . After their deaths there was no real sikh leadership to fill the gap. The period after Baba Banda Bahadur was the darkest in Sikh History.

The Sikhs after Banda Bahadur were fighting for existence. Sikhs were looking at ways to sustain the religion of Guru Nanak Guru Gobind Singh and to survive at all costs. There were awards and prices on their heads. They were hunted like people hunt wild beasts in jungles. A sikh could not appear in public, then how could he conduct amrit sanchar. Sikhs were killed on sight. Numerically they numbered very few. There was only one thing on the mind of Sikhs , Survive , Survive at all costs. They did not have time to write any history, no preservation of any historical records was possible. Where would they store these records, on horsebacks?

The wars started in 1702 and continued till 1708. When the mughal and hill tribesmen had occupied Anandpur after long seige, they razed everything to the level of ground, burning, looting everything in site. When 'our own army' did not spare anything in 1984, what the 'enemy army' would have done in 1706 can be easily imagined. Sikhs were fighting for survival after that and not for writing history.

The reason i said all this is beacuse people want to know and judge facts based on records of this period. Guru Gobind Singh administered 'Khande di pahul' on 1699. All the Sikhs who took amrit from 'Singhs' took it this way. I don't know and don't care how the Udasis, nirmalas, ram rayees, dhir maliye took pahul. Does it matter. Even if people administred amrit in wrong way, it does not take away the fact how Guru Gobind Singh did it. We should follow how Guru Gobind singh did and not how 'apostates' seem to think.

There are a variety of historical records to show that Guru Gobind singh administered 'Khande di pahul' in 1699.

These people like Banda bahadar, Baba deep singh ,Bhai mani singh were with Guru ji.These people continued to administer Amrit the same way as Guru ji did as they had seen it happening in Guru ji's time.Amrit ceremony was not a one day job that it was administered in 1699 and then stopped.It was a continuous practice from them to today.Hence only a faithless pewrson will ask for proofs.