Urgent-incorrect Use Of Pavitar Bani In Movie

Guest _Singhstah_

Guest _Singhstah_

VahegurooJiKaKhalsaVahegurooJiKiFateh

The sangat should be aware of the very troubling usage of Gurbani in a new film called "Shoot on site", the trailer which was appeared on tv showed scenes of muslims around the UK, it seemed to be a movie dealing with young muslims and extremism/terrorism, the backdrop was GUROO JI'S PAVITAR BANI- the shabad. AVAL ALLAH NOOR UPAYA. I was left feeling extremely disturbed as Maharaj's beloved bani is being presented as ISLAMIC and being used as a MERE SONG. The makers of this film have used Gurbani in a severely innapropriate way, and this should be REMOVED IMMEDIATELY.

I am trying to find a youtube link to the trailer, but this seems to be the offical website of the movie- http://www.shootonsightthemovie.com/

VahegurooJiKaKhalsaVahegurooJiKiFateh

i watched the trailer but didn't hear the shabad or any Gurbani...where did you watch it?

As you watched it at what point in the movie was it played ie what was happening at the time? Was the Shabad used to portray islamic prayers? Or was it to highlight the injustice in the world?

i think its important we understand the context in which the Shabad was used first.

Question: if the bani is used accurately and completely (with its meaning that all men are created from the same God), then what harm does it do? If anything, it helps to convey the message of bani in these movies. I'd argue this is a good thing!

Edit: just watched the extended trailer too and didnt see any evidence of the bani being used. That said, the bani fits PERFECTLY with the ideas being conveyed in the trailer... that the extremists forget that all men and woman are born from the same God. This is similar to the sakhi where guru sahib was brought before the muslim rulers and this same bani was recited.

Question: if the bani is used accurately and completely (with its meaning that all men are created from the same God), then what harm does it do? If anything, it helps to convey the message of bani in these movies. I'd argue this is a good thing!

Edit: just watched the extended trailer too and didnt see any evidence of the bani being used. That said, the bani fits PERFECTLY with the ideas being conveyed in the trailer... that the extremists forget that all men and woman are born from the same God. This is similar to the sakhi where guru sahib was brought before the muslim rulers and this same bani was recited.

I got the link <>

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=CZ5QMgX1Otc

Allah noor upaya.....

who is the original creator of this.....

Is it actually the "incorrect" use of Gurbani that is troubling some or is it that the movies about muslims. In context the shabad makes sense and is a powerful message to religious terrorists.

Now that people are getting annoyed with the incorrect use of shabads how come no one challenges Hans Raj Hans or Gurdas Maan when they sing a shabad or a Gurbani tuk at their sharabi kababi gigs, whilst some pendu has his hands in the air dancing the bhangra dance!!