Movies..

S1ngh

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's my list

1. Goodfellas - best gangster pic ever made. Loved the bit where they shoved the postman into the oven to stop his delivering letters from henry's school to his house!

2. Shawshank Redemption - great story about friendship amidst adversity. Best scene - the night before he escapes when he tells his friend about the place in mexico he wants to be.

3. Wedding Singer - for the nostalgia. I remember the songs the first time around. Best scene - bar scene when robbie's friend tells him that Fonzie and Vinne Barberino's shows got cancelled.

4. Lost in Translation - you either love in or you hate it!

5. Crash - great movies, best scene when the black guy who has a good job, car etc tells the black car thief that he's an embarrassment

6. Last Temptation of Christ - best scene - when Jesus who thinks he was saved on the cross argues with Paul about what happened to him.

7. All quiet on the western front (1930) best anti-war movie ever made. Lew Ayres is great in it. Best scene when Paul returns to the schoolmaster who urged him and his friends to join up and tells him and the schoolkids what war is really like

8. Braveheart - great patriotic film. best scene - William Wallace's speech before his first big battle against the English

9. Time Machine both the 60's and the 2002 version.

10. There's something about Mary - best line when Matt Dillon tries to impress Cameron Diaz by saying "I work with retards" The Welsh comedian Lee Evans is great in it as Tucker. He tries to ruin mary's relationship with with Matt Dillon by lying to her and saying Matt is a criminal - "mary, the man's a killer!"

i dont understand people who like watching or reading scary movies/books.....why make urself get scared? what the heck lol why make ur self paranoid after reading those type or books or movies.

cant we jus live a simple life by solving real life probs of our world hehe

LOL! I know what you mean, but i can honestly say that, i dont get scared. Paranoid, extreme and fear and the words used in the review of the book by a book reviewer.

Dark rivers of the heart does however show you how much power the government can have.

As for sary movies... i love them! I dont get scared, i just love the suspense!! I think the last time i got scared was when i watched Freddie in Nightmare on elm street (but i was a kid)!!

For those of you that are into the psychological/horror genre Wes Cravens Serpent and Rainbow is really good (http://imdb.com/title/tt0096071/).

There is a real life incident of voodoo and zombies in haiti... if you ever get a chance have a watch...

• 2 weeks later...
when i was little i was in loveeee with Home Alone!! esp the first two...i think it was "lost in new york" or something!.... havent seen it in forverr tho!!!!

Here ya go: http://www14.alluc.org/alluc/movies.html?l...ct=H&page=3

Enjoy :@

I probably shouldn't have given you this site during midterm time ... hehe

yay!!! :):):)

Hindi - Sholay, Aankhen (1968 version), Ghayal (1990), Buddha Mil Gaya (1971) and Victoria No. 203 (1972) n many more (huge hindi movies fan.... esp old ones on zee cinema)

Punjabi - Nanak Naam Jahaz Hai, Nanak Dukhiya Sab Sansaar, Sawa Lakh Se Ek Ladaun, Ucha Dar Babe Nanak Da, Jatt Punjab Da and Dukh Bhanjan Tera Naam

English - 300 & 2 Fast 2 Furious

Cartoons - Tom & Jerry, Scooby Doo, Jetsons, Flinstones etc