About Wearing Cap/hat In Sikhism

Singh_Valiance

The power of suggestion and the irrational ways in which we think and act….

I say the above not about you original poster. In fact, I appreciate your humility.

Something to think about for a moment. As we speak millions of school kids in the west are given baseball style caps by their parents for the purpose of shading them and protecting them from the heat.

The parents feel good about this safety measure and the kids feel they are protected and more comfortable. I hazard a guess that all kids would honestly say and feel they are cooler and more comfortable as they play in the sun.

However, specific sunhats protect these kids from the sun. Baseball style caps insulate AGAINST the loss of heat from the head. They do the opposite of the intended effect.

The only thing keeping these kids from complaining and throwing off the baseball style caps is what they believe.

There are places where the situation DEMANDS a head covering, a helmet in American football perhaps. Golf does not. If we want to be strictly engineering technical, the weather for a hat could demand that nudity with sunscreen would help also. But because of a SOCIAL NORM that won’t happen… and no one even thinks about suggesting that.

So when you wear nothing but a hat, I’ll believe the situation demands it. Till then bro, wear a light colored smaller version of dastar and play each sport like you would dominate regardless of weather.

Guest mai huuu
^^another random rehitnama quote without proper cause or merit or applied in an appropriate manner

:rolleyes:

whats your problem? <_< Its perfectly fine.

some of us need to start thinking strait and stop looking at faults in others.

Guest la di da
^^another random rehitnama quote without proper cause or merit or applied in an appropriate manner

:rolleyes:

whats your problem? <_< Its perfectly fine.

some of us need to start thinking strait and stop looking at faults in others.

Maybe you should take your own advice then :lol:

• 6 years later...
  • 4 years later...
Guest Jasmine Kaur

On 7/15/2008 at 1:12 AM, KEERPA said:

sounds like yer scared to be a Sikh sportsman that is seen wearing a head covering, why arent you at the Gurdwara instead of playing golf on sunday. At least go to the Gurdwara on sundays when most of the Sangat is present. Golfers golf on sunday like it is an auspiscious religious duty or sum thing. Golf on tuesday when nobody is around and wear sunglasses or play when it isnt so hot. my dad golfs all the time and he used to go a tad after Amritvela hours when the air is fresh and the temp is kewl.

why do some wear rumalas or bandanas? isnt that "not a turban"???????

most go without a turban now a daze cause the box of bandanas are over flowing when you should be the "owner" of your "own" head coverings, not temporarily renting one from the gurdwara bandans box.

Wear a pagree not even a rumala/bandana etc

What a lame answer the one is marked as bold and italic. I mean you can't assist someone what to do and what not to. You can impose your thinking upon anyone, if you go the gurudwara on sunday and if he plays golf on sunday then thats his choice, none of your business i think.