Sant

waaheguroo

I just watched the vidoes :) he got stuck on several parts

S1ngh what's the history of the "sant samaj"?

taken from sikhawareness forum

Sant Samaj has been around since the time of Baba Sahib Singh Ji Bedi Ji, they were also there during the times of maharaja Ranjit Singh Ji.

These days Sant Samaj also has a political party of Panthik Morcha as they are trying to get rid of the corruption done by Prakash Singh Badal over the last number of years and other sikh groups who crete distrust in authentic Bani.

Sant samaj is the society of saints.

Also current contributions of sant samaj as a group is unquestioned and quite noticeable in samparda circle.

Mid 1900's SGPC started to implement a lot of new ideas and started making changes in Sikhi. This resulted in much confusion within the Panth and caused for many splits, and other things to start up. One of the major and most dominating issue of the time was the SGPC's implentation of Pad-Ched printing of Maharaj Saroops.

This "noise" being made, led to the main sevadaars, great and respected Saints, and leaders of the major Jathaybandi's etc to come together to oppose such actions that where being taken by the SGPC.

The various Jatha's and samparada's of the time got together with a common goal and had several meetings at different venues to do veechar on this issue. Such meetings occured at Sri Amritsar Sahib, Damdama Sahib, Keeratpur Sahib, Rara Sahib and one of the largest at Bhinder Kalaan on the 11th of September, 1959, at which time all the big time saints of the day came together and created a committee, which consisted of the following Mahpursh:

1. Sant Baba Hari Singh Ji Kahaarpurieea

2. Sant Giani Gurbachan Singh Ji Bhindranwale

3. Sant Ishar Singh Ji Rara Shib

4. Sant Ishar Singh Ji Kalairaa(n) (Nanaksar)

5. Sant Baba Bhagvaan Singh Ji Rairoo Sahib

Oh so the SGPC is evil for them - typical sanatan thinking :lol:

True sikhs only read and trust in your guru - sri guru granth sahib jee.

He who practices the words of the Saints

He is ferried across by the Guru’s grace

jay ko bachan kamaavai santan kaa so gur parsaadee taree-ai.

(Suhi 5th Guru, page 747)

bilaaval mehalaa 5 ||

Bilaaval, Fifth Mehla:

sa(n)than kai suneeath prabh kee baath ||

I listen to God’s Teachings from the Saints.

kathhaa keerathan aana(n)dh ma(n)gal dhhun poor rehee dhinas ar raath ||1|| rehaao ||

The Lord’s Sermon, the Kirtan of His Praises and the songs of bliss perfectly resonate, day and night. ||1||Pause||

kar kirapaa apanae prabh keenae naam apunae kee keenee dhaath ||

In His Mercy, God has made them His own, and blessed them with the gift of His Name.

aat(h) pehar gun gaavath prabh kae kaam krodhh eis than thae jaath ||1||

Twenty-four hours a day, I sing the Glorious Praises of God. Sexual desire and anger have left this body. ||1||

thripath aghaaeae paekh prabh dharasan a(n)mrith har ras bhojan khaath ||

I am satisfied and satiated, gazing upon the Blessed Vision of God’s Darshan. I eat the Ambrosial Nectar of the Lord’s sublime food.

charan saran naanak prabh thaeree kar kirapaa sa(n)thasa(n)g milaath ||2||4||84||

Nanak seeks the Sanctuary of Your Feet, O God; in Your Mercy, unite him with the Society of the Saints. ||2||4||84||

So, using your own standards, what kind of a Sikh are you?

those who do not believe in sants, do not believe in Gurbani. And what can one say of a "Sikh" who openly disobeys his Father's teachings?

These sant samaj groups have also slandered each other in their books?

How about some proof?

SunSingh Veer ji, you keep throwing these Gurbani quotes about saints being part of parmatma (infact BEING parmatma), yet you do not realize what most people have issues with. Not whether Sants exist or not. Ranjit Singh of Dhardhria has been called "sant" since the day he started to do parchar (which is fine if he truelly is the sant that Gurbani described; the sant that is one with akal purakh). I have no intention of saying Ranjit Singh isn't doing Panthic seva, or isn't "joRH-ing" people to Maharaj. He is does a lot of parchar and seva. However earlier on in his life (there are videos on youtube of this) people used to do matha tekna to him on his birthady; something he later on admitted was WRONG. Which is good. Admitting your mistake is great, but it tells me one thing: He was NOT the sant that Gurbani talks about. He was a human being (just like all of others) who did LOADS OF SEVA, but was not beyond mistakes.

Gurbani tells us: Bhullan andhar sabh ko, Abhul Guru Kartar. We ALL make mistakes, its a part of human nature. its about worshippign people who might nto be one with akal. Who might not be one with parmatma. Despite the fact that he used to do loads of seva (soemthing he still does), he wasn't beyond mistakes, something he today admits.

We need to realize that the word 'sant' is being used for every other parcharac in this kaum. I'm sure they doa lto of "bundagi" but we need to realize that ultimately our goal is to reach Parmatma. All parcharacs should be treated with respect, but we are using the word very loosely, in the context of Gurbani :)

Good points V

You will see at their deras that they only sing those lines which praise the sant.

Another trash above.Stick to the topic.

The fact is that these two dummy missionaries are caught naked for want of knowledge on scriptures.They look like donkeys seeing here and there instaed of furnishing any answer.

These dummies parrot one or two lines of SGGS ji and then make their own theories.This rascal jeonwala is not even Amritdhari and he is discussing things about amrit.

Inder singh the panth is waking up in the west. Compare this to Punjab where you will killed for bad mouthing an dera wala sant, by his chele.

You should know gurbani before write the above line.There are five stages on a man's spiritual journey called khands.

Those sants who become greedy remain at second stage only.Real sants raech final stage and they are like Akal purakh themselves.To bad mouth them is a sin.

Now coming to the topic these missionaries do not believe in Naam simran also.They do not eleive in soul,karma and reincarnation.The video shows them like ist grade students who do not know Gurbani and Gurmat principles.They are far worse than any sant.

Mr singh,

who is even talking about baba ranjit singh dhardianwale in this thread?..kindly create another thread please on him if you wish to discuss about him.

N30 if you had bothered reading my post carefully you would have noticed that the point being made was about the usage of the word sant being so loose. I've carried on speaking on the topic SunSingh Veer ji brought up. According to him, anyone not believing "in sants, do not believe in Gurbani."

my point was: it's not that people don't believe in the existance of saints, because they exist. Gurbani clearly tells us that these do exist; however Gurbani also tells us that saints are "virley ke-y ke." That's why I find it so amusing to find an entire "samaj" of sant, when our Guru sahib tells us that there are very few who realize that light. There're very few who recognize and realize parmatma.

My example was of one such case where people considered him to be, brahmgyani, to be one with parmatma, yet we know that he was not beyond mistakes. And Gurbani tells us this. I'm not sayign real ones don't exist. But fact is, vast majority of the once aliev toady are not. This can be seen in these sant baba jees own jeevans, where they do anything to get their kursi and their jathedaris (we all know who I'm talking about :) )