Need Help: Gursikh Sweet/ Samosay Shop In Wolverhampton?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG! How embarrassing. I just read the post with HARGUN SWEET CENTRE mentioned. So I rang them (without reading the post below!)

I rang and ask in Panjabi

"Is this an Amritdhari shop".

Lady replies: "What do you mean?"

"I am looking for a shop who have Amritdhari people making food?"

Lady replies: (CONFUSED AND STARTLED PAUSE)

Eventually she said: "We have mixed people working here."

Waheguru. Lady must be bit startled - especially if they are a Hindu shop. Chalo! Guru Mehar Kare.

Bhenji if you can find out about Wolverhampton that would be great.

OMG! How embarrassing. I just read the post with HARGUN SWEET CENTRE mentioned. So I rang them (without reading the post below!)

I rang and ask in Panjabi

"Is this an Amritdhari shop".

Lady replies: "What do you mean?"

"I am looking for a shop who have Amritdhari people making food?"

Lady replies: (CONFUSED AND STARTLED PAUSE)

Eventually she said: "We have mixed people working here."

Waheguru. Lady must be bit startled - especially if they are a Hindu shop. Chalo! Guru Mehar Kare.

Bhenji if you can find out about Wolverhampton that would be great.

:o OMGGGGGGGGG

hahahah.... im sooooooo sorrry.... it my fault!!! damnnn

yeh, im finding one in wolves lolll

errrm... try these ...

CentreSandhu Sweet Centre

450 Dudley Rd

Wolverhampton, WV2 3AQ

01902 454135‎

What difference will it make if it is a Singh shop ?

They all employ non amritdharis who do the samosa filling as not everyone can afford the samosa machine from mushtaqs machinery. Then I suppose you would not want samosa filled in an amritdhari shop using a muslim manufactured and serviced samosa filling machine.

I am sure most people wash their hands and dont spit in the samosa mixture as they fill the roti.

They all employ non amritdharis who do the samosa filling as not everyone can afford the samosa machine from mushtaqs machinery. Then I suppose you would not want samosa filled in an amritdhari shop using a muslim manufactured and serviced samosa filling machine.

I am sure most people wash their hands and dont spit in the samosa mixture as they fill the roti.

Agreed,

Hargun sweet centre in walsall is pure veg and is probably one of the busiest shops i've seen and I thinK Pratap sweet centre on Dunstall Road in Wolves is pure veg to they both make rockin' samose.

I think you are quite right there....because thinking back about Guru Nanak Dev Ji, he even touched and served the "untouchables" as it where, and it seems (pardon me) but it seems quite rude and racist like getting samosay from a Singhs shop as supposed to a HINDU or some other shop! What about others things like supermarket food etc...they have surely been prepared and packaged by non-amritdhari Gursikhs, where do you draw the line then mmmm

Harguns are the best mitthai shop that I have ever known. A good Hindu family who have a lot of respect in the local community. Since moving away from the black hole (sorry - black country :D ), I still travel circa 200 miles to taste their pista and badam wale simple barfi - better than anything in the rest of the West Mids, London, the North and Punjab.

I cannot understand why the family insist it has to be an Amritdhari cook - did they covert from Brahmins in the past? It just smacks of casteism to me.

No offence intended - please forgive me for putting my point across in such a way if it has offended.