Need Help: Gursikh Sweet/ Samosay Shop In Wolverhampton?

Ok, very well explained...now I know....so now the question is why are not all amritdhari's following these rules? For example, I know a vey few Gursikhs who do eat out....but are also chardikalla.

The answer to this is that no two people following the same religion will follow it exactly the same. Also in general its accepted that we incorporate things into our life once they start makin sense to us. Ie just because our faith says do not remove ure hair: this does not mean people follow it. Infact suprisingly the majority of Sikhs actually cut or remove their hair.

But we must remember that someone might cut their hair and later on they may start keeping hair. This is cos they understood/had the belief and hence they incorporated it into their life. Likewise someone will keep this rehat when they feel the need to make it part of their life. That's why a Sikh is always a learner.

Also I think there is a misconception that once you have taken Amrit you are perfect. Infact taking Amrit is merely an initiation ceremony-you commit yourself to not turn your back to the Guru and you commit to lifelong learning and things like this will fall into that life long learning.

Anyways I don't think we should focus on why other people are not doing certain things. Instead we should plan our own learning and try to make ourselves the best we can be. :)

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic