Understanding Meaning Of A Tuk

The true guru is shabad.

Shabd guru surat dhun chela

guru prmysru eyko jwxu ]

gur paramaesar eaeko jaan ||

Know that the Guru and the Transcendent Lord are One.

In the context of the above what would be the meaning of this 'tuk' as it seems to be interconnected.

Thanks for helping me out.

i think:

without a true Guru (which we as sikhs are blessed with) nobody can find vahegurooo.

Guru jee's meaning is like a teacher..someone to show us the way

in this case...to show the way to vaahegurooo.

the tuk is saying, without good karma u wont find him...... and without gurujee, without gurujees beauiful teachings, we can JOIN with vaheguroo.

so gurujee allowes us to JOIN with vahegurooo through bani etc.this above tuk u've posted^^ yehh gurujee and vaheguroo are the same, they have the same jyot...... gurujee is like a form of vaheguroo showing us the way to merge with vaheguroo.

hope that helped, sorry if im wrong.

fateh

yeap, thats right^^^^^^^. :)

From the above it appears that Guru is God Himself. Guru is the creator.I hope it is that what is being implied. As all the gurus had common spirit we will Have Nanaks as the Lord Himself.?

I hope it is that is meant? Kindly clarify.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The true guru is shabad.

guru prmysru eyko jwxu ]

In the context of the above what would be the meaning of this 'tuk' as it seems to be interconnected.

i think:

without a true Guru (which we as sikhs are blessed with) nobody can find vahegurooo.

the tuk is saying, without good karma u wont find him...... and without gurujee, without gurujees beauiful teachings, we can JOIN with vaheguroo.

so gurujee allowes us to JOIN with vahegurooo through bani etc.this above tuk u've posted^^ yehh gurujee and vaheguroo are the same, they have the same jyot...... gurujee is like a form of vaheguroo showing us the way to merge with vaheguroo.

fateh

From the above it appears that Guru is God Himself. Guru is the creator.I hope it is that what is being implied. As all the gurus had common spirit we will Have Nanaks as the Lord Himself.?

yes penje, im sure ur right :)

guru prmysru eyku hY sB mih rihAw smwie ]

gur paramaesar eaek hai sabh mehi rehiaa samaae ||

The Guru and the Transcendent Lord are one and the same, pervading and permeating amongst all.

ijn kau pUrib iliKAw syeI nwmu iDAwie ]

jin ko poorab likhiaa saeee naam dhhiaae ||

Those who have such pre-ordained destiny, meditate on the Naam.

nwnk gur srxwgqI mrY n AwvY jwie ]4]30]100]

naanak gur saranaagathee marai n aavai jaae ||4||30||100||

Nanak seeks the Sanctuary of the Guru, who does not die, or come and go in reincarnation. ||4||30||100||

rest of shabad--- http://www.sikhitothemax.com/page.asp?ShabadID=153

The true guru is shabad.

guru prmysru eyko jwxu ]

i think:

fateh

yes penje, im sure ur right :)

guru prmysru eyku hY sB mih rihAw smwie ]

The Guru and the Transcendent Lord are one and the same, pervading and permeating amongst all.

ijn kau pUrib iliKAw syeI nwmu iDAwie ]

jin ko poorab likhiaa saeee naam dhhiaae ||

Those who have such pre-ordained destiny, meditate on the Naam.

nwnk gur srxwgqI mrY n AwvY jwie ]4]30]100]

naanak gur saranaagathee marai n aavai jaae ||4||30||100||

Nanak seeks the Sanctuary of the Guru, who does not die, or come and go in reincarnation. ||4||30||100||

rest of shabad--- http://www.sikhitothemax.com/page.asp?ShabadID=153

But it is against the sikh philosophy that God does not take Birth.

1.Burnt be the tongue that says that creator is born.

2. Guru's were with bodies.

They could only be human beings.

You are mistaken somehwre.Please re-think and post something that seems correct.We should also apply our brains sometime and gve bani the meaning that it deserves and not over inflate so much that it just bursts.

The Sikh Gurus were perfect, and are described as such in the Sikh Scriptures. Guru Nanak himself says in Sri Rag: “Everybody else is subject to error, only the Guru and God are free from error.” Guru Arjun says in Bhairon: “Whoever you meet suffers from vices; without any defect is my true Guru, the Yogi.” The state of perfection attained by the Gurus is lucidly described in the eighth and the eighteenth octaves of Guru Arjan’s Sukhmani.

The same Guru says in Asa:

God does not die, nor do I fear death,

He does not perish, nor do I grieve.

He is not poor, nor do I have hunger.

He has no pain, nor have I any trouble.

There is no destroyer but God,

Who is my life and who gives me life.

He has no bond, nor have I got any.

He has no entanglement, nor have I any care.

As He is happy, so am I always rejoicing.

He has no anxiety, nor have I any concern.

As He is not defiled, so am I not polluted.

As He has no craving, so do I covet nothing.

He is pure and I too suit Him in this.

I am nothing: He alone is everything.

All around is the same He.

Nanak, the Guru has destroyed all my superstition and defects,

And I have become uniformly one with Him.

Sikh Doctrines

Regards

Obviously there seems to be no answer with the members on this aspect.However, let us noe forget the basic sikh philosophy based on Guru Nanak's Mool Mantra.I believe that Guru ji has not coined /phrased the Mool mantra for Himself?

he was sent by The Almighty as per vaaran Gurdas ji for sending the god's word or bani. That was the purpse. Kindly post your views and ignore the previous post.

^^^^^ yeh thats right, gurujee wasnt not aiming mool mantar for himself, but it was a way for sangat to remeber akaal purakh vaheguroo ....... so the mool mantar is only talking about VAHEGUROO.....

Yes, Guru Nanak was only a mouth selected for 'waheguru', the guru or all Gurus i.e is "nature", the 'prakriti',The law that everything should be balanced is the God. Don't you agree.?

God is unfathomable and cannot be seen and is One as per sikh philosophy.Can we discuss the Godhead in sikhism.I shall be very grateful.Kindly do not get annoyed the way I write.I have a working knowledge of sikhism and am trying to make concepts about your religion.I have learnt Gurmukhi but reading Dr. sahib Singh ji also does not make much sense to me right now as the entire bani is in the form of poetry.

Regards

Thank you waheguur ji.

I am a sikh yes not a practicing one and intend to do the same.I wear Turban/keski and have 5k's like you wear.

Dear Veer ji, kindly let me have the fair meaning assigned to the above tuk.I am asking in a plain language. I am also not giving the meaning that I assign to the Tuk.

The question has been on Board for quite sometime. It seems that no one is interested in the answer as the answer may raise many controversies on the Term 'Guru'.

If the meaning of Guru is not clear to us how should we proceed further.

If someone has to answer , it may kindly be done so elase this religion is also like Hinduism where Lord Krishan declares Himself as the God in Gita.

Where is the difference between the two then.?

No guru can be God as all of them came here thru. womb and all died like any other human being. Hence those Gurus cannot be all pervasive.

Only God is all pervasive and omnipotent and omni present.

Regards to all the sangat.