Baby Name ( Exactly At The Time Of Birth )

If a sikh child is going to born in foreign countries then the parents have to tell the name to hospital management at same time in few minutes.

I want to ask how can a sikh family give name to the child in this situation?

If its not possible for family to take hukamnama at that time what other possible things should be done?

Is it okey to take the same hukamnama from darbar sahib of that day?

or there shud be ardas before taking hukamnama?

I am asking because it is not possible for that family to take hukamnana their self so quickly or make arrangements in that short given time by hospital.

Can anyone please help coz you all are foreigners and well aware of this kinda situation.

Guest shastr

lol. thats y u tell the docters an official name right there and then. then when ever u get time, take hukamnana from guru ji, and wat ever name u get out of that, u make it the "offical nick-name" or the "offical kacha-naa" lol.

WJKK WJKF

we never told the doctors any name for my two nephews... they gave the birth certificate saying male baby boy and name of his parents (my bhaji and bhabi ji).

we accepted the hukam-nama from shri darbar shaib ji for the day when the kids were born and after certain days, went to the local gurughar and decided the name from the same hukam-nama from shri darbar shaib ji and did the jakaara and there goes the official naam sanskar (name ceremony). then go to the registrar office and tell them the official name.

wjkk wjkf

Waheguru ji ka khalsa, waheguru ji ki Fateh ji

In UK, you have upto 6 weeks or soemthing like that to register the offical name, so its not a problem

in UK.

I don't know the policy in US/Canada but i would have thought there would be time to do do the naming cermoney and then register the name

Waheguru ji ka khalsa, waheguru ji ki Fateh ji