Why hate..?

Guest mehtab

Why some of us don't like muslim ppls?? when something happen with muslim community.. sikhs are the first to jump and get their throat.. Why it is that way?? When larkey punjaban (UK pakistani movie) released.. we started thousands of email chain letters, flooding discussion forums, contacting movie producer/director and so much stuff.. BUT when there dozen of bollywood movie comes out every year with sikh character as a joke, that time we just sit back and relax.. WhY? Take an example of hindi "Hollywood Bollywood" movie.

I still don't understand it.. Is it cauz of our past history??

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

I've noticed that too... but more so on this forum than anywhere else. I think it might be the past and all these stories about muslims converting Sikh girls and what-not, but beating up another faith is NOT what we are meant to do.

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Why some of us don't like muslim ppls??
.. Is it cauz of our past history??

I think we don't like Muslims cuz of our history. During Guru's times, especially during Guru Gobind Singh ji's time (I'm still doing research and learning about the Guru's lives and what happened) the Mughal Emperor, Aurangzeb(?) decided to convert everyone in his empire to Islam. Anyone who doesn't want to would be forced to or they would be killed. You probably know this but there was a PRICE for SIKH HEADS who didn't convert. You probably seen the paintings where Muslim guys are carrying Sikh heads on big sticks/poles and taking them to the authorities to get their reward. Throughout time and time again Muslims have been trying to convert ppl to Islam by force. So that's why I think we generally hate Muslims...

BUT when there dozen of bollywood movie comes out every year with sikh character as a joke, that time we just sit back and relax.. WhY?

No clue about that one :@ . I guess we don't do nothing about that cuz movies are for entertainment, it's just comedy, they're not really serious...dunno :@ . I'm not a big movie fan myself as I rarely get to see a new one, last one I saw I think was Outta Control (something like that).

Guest mehtab

out of control sucked the most :@:@ @

a mona n cleanshaven guy by the name jaswinder singh bedi :) :wub: @

one scene new york gurdwara n next scene strip club :wub: :lol: @

its wrong to not like someone because of history for history is history we cant blame todays muslims what auragzeb and his fauja did 300 years ago. plus that event is sometimes wrongly mistranslated as " sikh v muslim".

people forget that the moghul kings could never have controlled india by themselves, they got friendly with the rajput royals, married their women, established blood contacts ( aurangzebs mum was a rajputni ) , and used their royalty and vast armies and pitted them against the downtrodden masses of asia hence a combined moghul - rajput subdual.

Theres more than one angle of it, even some of the priestly hindus were conniving with the moghuls to figure out ways to oppress sikhs , supposed lower caste hindus, minority muslims shias, sufis etc.

We only look at the wars and holocausts but never the political system from where this starts. It looks like religious conflict in history books but it may as well have been oppression of supposed lower castes and minorities by upper castes of different religions to keep their system in power to begin with and later turned into direct religion conflicts due to new rising powers . . If you look at any gov in power it needs to keep control thats its first responsibility to keep a hook on the brains of the masses, fear is a key element, so it breeds a divide with "an enemy". that worked with the moghuls, british and even indian gov today. Its just human nature to see the worst in something at times.

Today is another story the film larki punjaban causes a stir because sikh gurls r lured towards islam by militant muslims who openly call for conversions of sikh women. thousands of sikh gu

rls are converted already. I have no gussa with muslims in general but i have beef with some what their actions on sikh girls duping them leaving them pregnant them demanding ultimatums to convert. Larki punjaban makes it look like some romance but the real story in most cases is nasty.

But i have learnt that its not 100% muslim culture, for i have some muslims friends who come from conservative society of pashtuns. Its mainly jobless guys with no hopes in life who do this, like the mirpuris and bengalis at the bottom of the education league tables wherever they are theres huge problems even other pak communities have to have their name blackened. mps form the majority of paks in birmingham, thats where all the sp pak panthers stuff kicked off over sikh girls in the 1980s. where its just mps they do it to their own.

Those " asian riots" up in manchester were started by bengalis battering an old age pensioner to hospital and syaing "no whites in our area" this appeared on the national media and brewed a storm, then the bengalis gangs stabbed a gora to death for no reason. Thats when the bnp came in, they dont know whos a pak bengali indian, mmirpuri pathan, to them we are all pakis. They started battering up asians everywhere in manchester going down streets knocking on houses down the pakistani neighbourhoods then stab and attack innocent people some of them bjohrgi lokh (syaney). the chunk of the casualties were paks sitting at home who did notthing wrong at night were stabbed by skinheads for some time leading upto the riots that led to confusion panick anger the police didnt help the attacked victims , that led to the pakistanis coming out and fighting back when the attacks didnt stop, then bengalis came out and rioted in their quarters so it looked like "asian riots" or what some asians say "muslim riots".

some people believe all this wa spreplanned by muslims to give all asians a bad name or use the asian tag for some islamic thing jeez its not all about convertin

g the world, sometimes people end up as victims too thats why we shudnt just always assume muslims are bad in everything but look deeper into causes and effects. They have their own problems like we have ours. that notoriety muslims are known for sometimes overtakes our judgement in matters.

Look where it started look where it ended everyone else gets a bad name all because of the no hoper minorities that exist amongst the muslim community.

Just yesterday i was in town, a group of mirpuris ( i could tell fromn their half punjabi, half urdu accent and dodgy faces) jumped off a bus and started wholf whistling two pakistani ladies walking past with babies in their prams. The 2 women were so infuriated they shouted back " aaap kha baap ami jaan eh?" (have you even got a mother and father? )the boys started hurling nasty abuse at these two married women with kids. the crime of the women - NOTHING. two passing policeman pulled the group over for questioning. These two women were also mps judging from their accent and dress .

Now they do it just as bad to their women its not onyl sikh girls. But a new chapter opens when religion is used as a means for this purpose.

see where im going?

it causes a lot of friction, but these actions are not spread by all muslims, it comes down to the jack axxxx in life.

I wouldn't say we hate muslims or the religion inherently. More the fact that we hate their extreme views supress the freedom of others. And that is what our guru's fought over also...

Bhul Chuk Maaf!

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Yeah, but there are MANY "moderate" Muslims out there who believe in our right to be Sikh as much as they are Muslim. We shouldn't paint an entire religion with one brush.

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Guest mehtab

this reminds me of a post some time back by japmans veer...he said that how quick we are to label the killer mobs of delhi as "hindu mobs", but when it comes to talking bout ppl like kp gill and kala afghana, we are quick again to say "no they are not Sikhs". So ya, its always incorrect to label an entire religion/community as evil coz of some bad apples.

I wouldn't say we hate muslims or the religion inherently.  More the fact that we hate their extreme views supress the freedom of others.  And that is what our guru's fought over also...

Bhul Chuk Maaf!

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Yeah, but there are MANY "moderate" Muslims out there who believe in our right to be Sikh as much as they are Muslim. We shouldn't paint an entire religion with one brush.

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

I totally agree. We cannot tarnish the religion because of some bad apples. My apologies for not being clear on that point...

Bhul Chuk Maaf!