Sikh Girl Wins Kara Court Case

WILDSINGH

And now that she can wear the "bangle", I hope she finds it easier to keep the kes too.

So true, the Kara is not an optional extra. This judgement is wrong wearing panj kakkar is a must for those who are amritdhari. She is not amridhari and has cut her hair so there was no compulsion for her to wear a kara.

wjkk wjkf

so wat is she was not an amritdhari girl. her family is not amritdhari, but they still should wear a kara. if we will preach like this to every non amritdhari that you are not an amritdhari then you can not fight for your religious rights, then i am afraid there will be a few of us left, coz in this practical world, the population of non amritdhari sikhs are way more than amritdhari sikh.

infact, we should encourage them to wear as many K's as possible, and think positive that today guru ji has blessed him/her with kara, 2moro he will do the kirpa and give him kess daat and one day amrit di daat.

today a non amritdhari was targeted for wearing kara, 2moro this could happen to an amritdhari... and then how about if a non amritdhari says, leave it man, kara was not compulsory for me, so why should i bother and fight for the kara for an amritdhari sikh.

we should not be saying that you are not amritdhari so you can cut your kess or take ur kara off..... koi na, ki farkk penaa...!!!

there are many people who keep all 5 K's but not yet amritdhari... they are practicing and one day guru ji will give them amrit di daat. so on this ground, we cant say that that you are not an amritdhari so you cant keep 5 K's....

veer ji, think positive. DONT FORCE OTHERS- ENCOURAGE & EDUCATE THEM

bhul chuk maaf karni.

wjkk wjkf

:TH: ..dat ws nicely put together :D

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyones giving their opinion so, so will I

I personally feel it should not have even got to court - she should have taken it off and when/if she ever took Amrit, then fought her case

Like Paaji above said - if a school kid wants to wear a Kirpan to school then what?

Panj kakkar have equal status in my view - maybe I'm wrong and I'm sure someone on here is going to tell me I'm wrong

Bring it on

And now that she can wear the "bangle", I hope she finds it easier to keep the kes too.

So true, the Kara is not an optional extra. This judgement is wrong wearing panj kakkar is a must for those who are amritdhari. She is not amridhari and has cut her hair so there was no compulsion for her to wear a kara.

wjkk wjkf

so wat is she was not an amritdhari girl. her family is not amritdhari, but they still should wear a kara. if we will preach like this to every non amritdhari that you are not an amritdhari then you can not fight for your religious rights, then i am afraid there will be a few of us left, coz in this practical world, the population of non amritdhari sikhs are way more than amritdhari sikh.

infact, we should encourage them to wear as many K's as possible, and think positive that today guru ji has blessed him/her with kara, 2moro he will do the kirpa and give him kess daat and one day amrit di daat.

today a non amritdhari was targeted for wearing kara, 2moro this could happen to an amritdhari... and then how about if a non amritdhari says, leave it man, kara was not compulsory for me, so why should i bother and fight for the kara for an amritdhari sikh.

we should not be saying that you are not amritdhari so you can cut your kess or take ur kara off..... koi na, ki farkk penaa...!!!

there are many people who keep all 5 K's but not yet amritdhari... they are practicing and one day guru ji will give them amrit di daat. so on this ground, we cant say that that you are not an amritdhari so you cant keep 5 K's....

veer ji, think positive. DONT FORCE OTHERS- ENCOURAGE & EDUCATE THEM

bhul chuk maaf karni.

wjkk wjkf

good post above!! shame we have so many narrow minded people within sikhism these days who drive people away. these people do not represent sikhi they have no right to judge others. shame on you!! you know who you are!!

Sarika should be congratulated for taking stand, so many more people have become aware of who Sikhs are. How many Sikhs actually make an effort to go to the media , their MP's, Education Departments, Councils etc and tell them who Sikhs are?

The answer is very few. She may not be perfect but I think she is a lot braver than most, a youngster haviing to take punishment from school, having to attend courts, even the High Court. She has made it a lot easier for Sikh children to wear their Karas in the UK (there are many schools with this problem, some next to Gurdwaras) as the right is upheld in Law now.

Congratulations to all those who helped in this case

Whilst everybody is rattling on with her SIKHNESS every message board on every UK newspaper

is calling the sikhs:

1) foreigners

2) tell them to go back their own contry

3) why should minoritories get their own way.

4) i want to leave this country.

5) this only a piece of metal.

Go to the website below and on the left hand side view the various newspapers:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7530220.stm

The hundreds of brave Sikh kids who make their stand by attending schools proudly showing their Kes even though they get taunted, mocked and marginalised don't look at getting high profile publicity. It takes the publicity hungry ones to get in the media, be it MPs or organisation or individuals.

All people want out of this story is a great big pat on the back. It will be interesting to see if the publicity hungry Sikh organisations who pushed this story forward will continue make any attempt to guide the girl in her Sikh jeevan. If their support stops at the kara then they might as well have defended a piece of metal.

the thing is, most amrit dhari singhs i see these days only wear a miniature version of the kara, and not one you can actually use like a kara lol. Also many amrit dhari singhs aren't even trained in using the kara :6

Whilst everybody is rattling on with her SIKHNESS every message board on every UK newspaper

is calling the sikhs:

1) foreigners

2) tell them to go back their own contry

3) why should minoritories get their own way.

4) i want to leave this country.

5) this only a piece of metal.

Go to the website below and on the left hand side view the various newspapers:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7530220.stm

well these newspapers should also mention these extra rights that the british already gave sikhs under the british raj in the sikhs OWN country, and then some how justify taking these rights away again!

Sarika should be congratulated for taking stand, so many more people have become aware of who Sikhs are. How many Sikhs actually make an effort to go to the media , their MP's, Education Departments, Councils etc and tell them who Sikhs are?

How will people become aware of who Sikhs are because of this ? That is like saying someone can become aware of Sikhs by attending a Punjabi wedding party with lots of sharab and bhangra dancing.

They will see her picture and think yes Sikhs can cut and dye their hair.

This is a step back for the Sikhs and not a step forward. This judgement means that the judiciary is accepting non amritdhari as having same religious rights as a proper Gursikh as ordained by Guru Ji. In India when so called sehajdharis were given same rights as Amritdhari with respect to voting in SGPC elections a hue and cry was made over it. You may now get situations such as Gursikh being stopped for carrying Kirpan by police, the Gursikh tells police wala that it is an article of the Sikh dharam. Policeman say that Sarika Singh girl was a Sikh and did not carry kirpan so stop trying to pull wool over my eyes.