Non -Amritdharis and Naam Simran

Waheguru ji ka khalsa, Waheguru ji ki fatehh

I have came accross a post on gursikhijeevan.com by another singh and its was pretty interesting....

i thought i share it wit da sangat here....I want the sangats view on it... so wat does everyone think ?

Here is wat veerji wrote:

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa! Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!!

Hi,

I am a non AmritDhari Sikh at the present moment. I have mentioned to a few people who are AmritDharis that I do Naam Simran. Most of them told me my Naam Simran will bear NO fruit because I have not received Naam through Punj Payarey yet and that I am better off reading Bani. But still I refuse to beleive that it bears NO fruit.

What are your thoughts on this?

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa! Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it will bear no fruit, then whatever i have experienced in the last 3 years from doing naam Simran is false. The proof that i have is the transformation that has taken place within me. Perhaps taking Naam from the Punj Piyaray increases the Potency of your simran, but to say that it has no fruit for an non-Amritdhari is trying to create a monopoly on Naam Simran.

You cannot Monopolize on the Path of God

Waheguru.

Guest mehtab

What makes me laugh (sarcastic laugh, as in when one is mad) is how some think that Naam is the "jaagir" or private property of a few. There is no doubt that there is nothing better than taking Amrit. And what about those who use Amrit as a license to justify all bs they do (leaders in Punjab for example). All those who betrayed the Sikh qaum, majority were Amritdhari (correct me if i m wrong). i sincerely hope that all who are not Amritdhari do become one (including myself). But please! Gurujee taught us to be humble. If u think u took Amrit and so now u are better off than others, :@ u have reached no where and are no better than anyone who does nothing to improve his/her spiritual life rolleyes.gif .

Most of them told me my Naam Simran will bear NO fruit because I have not received Naam through Punj Payarey yet and that I am better off reading Bani.

Isn't Naam Simran the same as reading Bani? :T: What's the difference? :T: Whether you do Naam Simran or read the Bani you're still contemplating on God, right? :T: Someone correct me if i'm wrong, as i'm not amritdhari blush.gif so don't know that much...

Most of them told me my Naam Simran will bear NO fruit because I have not received Naam through Punj Payarey yet and that I am better off reading Bani.

Isn't Naam Simran the same as reading Bani? :T: What's the difference? :T: Whether you do Naam Simran or read the Bani you're still contemplating on God, right? :T: Someone correct me if i'm wrong, as i'm not amritdhari blush.gif so don't know that much...

A lot ask me this .. got a routine .. and reply same thing to everyone...

Ban

i is something that has the outline of guru ji.. tells us about guru ji and what to do to achieve and be one wit guru ji.

Simran is what we can do to get attached wit him.

ONe quote from bani, sukhmani sahib, simaro simar simar sukh pavo!

There are many places in bani that tell us to do simran, and only simran can help us. :@

But i also believe that not only simran, bani .. gotta be a good sikh too .. do all what guru nanak ji told us to do, including helping others, getting them to do bani with u, be more giveable. BASICALLY SEVA!

This is jsut a non-scholarly answer to ur ques... u may want to aask a more educated singh blush.gif

bhul chuk maph!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

reight bina na sikh kahavae, reight bina dar choota khavae

so, u need bani, bana, reight, everything, and of coursem simran

of course it will bear fruit, it will develop a thirst with in ureself to want to take amrit, and guru je will bless u with amrit

bhula chuka maf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!