Non -Amritdharis and Naam Simran

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ohmy.gif

lemme try to break it down to ya'll like this:

1. you must do naam simran.

2. you must read the baani. (so do naam simran and read baani)

3. to be Guru's Sikh take amrit, become amritdhari, and do naam simran and read baani!

WELL SAID BHAINJI!! :@

COULDNT HAVE SAID IT BETTER!! ^_^

I tooo soo agree with that... 3 lines sums it all :@:)

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Naam Simran is for all...amritdharis n non- amritdharis...

when guruji have even eliminated the caste system..then y is there a difference between amritdharis and non-amritdharis???? yes..i agree that one has already taken the khanday de pahul...but well...God is One...and He will accept n listen to whoever who listens to Him and meditate on His Name...

just my 2 cents...

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

this iz all waheguroos gift. bhai rama singh did naam simran as a hindu. n according 2 khalistani (wen we had a debate on sri nabh kamal raja sahib ji, i still wanna no hu he is) naam is waheguru. so if thats the case we all no naam (even though u forget it if u hav ego). i met bhai sahib b4 in life, a few monthes b4 he passed away. bhai sahib did say as a hindu he felt in anand cuz he wuz sayin waheguru. n he got far in life. so b u sehajdhari, or kesdhari or amritdhari n say waheguru ure life will improve.

Bare in mind that LOVE even if it is a tiny spark is the authority and the cause of fruitfullness behind the Naam. Just as LOVE cannot be Monopolized by Amritdharis as cannot be Naam.

Curiosity is the Smoke before the blazing fire of Love. Naam Simran done out of curiosity and given that you are not wet with ego, the fire of love will soon grasp your being. Even so the Fire of Love is so strong that even the wettest firewood will be burned. But to ignite the fire you need a semi-dry or dry wood.

Waheguru.

• 3 months later...
I am a non AmritDhari Sikh at the present moment. I have mentioned to a few people who are AmritDharis that I do Naam Simran. Most of them told me my Naam Simran will bear NO fruit because I have not received Naam through Punj Payarey yet and that I am better off reading Bani. But still I refuse to beleive that it bears NO fruit.

for a start, he shouldnt tell people if he does simran (well, not how long anyway), i have been taught to say "maharaj makes me do this, maharaj makes me do that" etc.

do people do simran for the fact they want rewards? not out of pyaar, or makes them in anand?

he can remember god though, god is for all, not just for specific people.

MKhalsa, could you please give me the page number of this qoute?

"Read Baba Harnaam Singh Ji's biography. He clearly tells that when Naam Simran will help a person for sure in this world, but to create relations with Guru Ji to have him help you in the next world (the ultimate motive of doing naam simran) you need to be amritthari, i.e. naam simran only bears full fruits when you are doing it after Guru Ji has instilled that naam in you.

Moreover, he also writes that to get our naam/gurbani abhiyaas parvan on his dar we have to do ardas. There was a person named Bh. Onkar Singh Ji from Sri Amritsar (I believe) who asked Baba Ji to do ardas for him and in return Baba Ji asked him how to address him in the ardas? Baba Ji said ardas is only accepted of sevaks or Sikhs. It's very hard to become a sevak of Guru Ji. You have to give your tan/man/dhan to him. And Bh. Onkar Singh Ji was not at that stage yet and since he was not even amritthari, Baba Ji said he could not do ardas for him.

There are many other places where he says that one who is not amritthari can go on and do naam abhiyas as much as he can, but he will not be able to gain parsantaa of Guru Ji."

-------

Simran is just remembrance of God. So if you're reading bani that is simran just like going "waheguru waheguru waheguru".

I personally believe that any remembrance of God is beneficial. However, to get full benefit we need to get khanday de pahul, which gives us Gurmantur. Gurmantur is Waheguru, however, this can only be 'instilled' in us by the panj pyare. So we can do simran of 'waheguru' (a word that is a name of God) before getting amrit chuk, but it won't ha

ve the same amount of benefit as after getting amrit chuk when it becomes Gurmantur (more benefit than other names of God). This is backed up by Bhai Gurdass Ji's Vaars (sorry, don't know which one).

I've also heard from learned persons that bani is more beneficial before getting amrit chuk than Waheguru simran, although i do both. Would like to hear more learned opinions on this one.

Another interesting point: we already have naam and amrit inside of us. But it's 'locked' in and we need khanday de pahul to allow it to blossom.

Bhul chuk maaf. pray.gif

Guest mehtab

This should sum it up

IN SEARCH OF THE TRUE GURU by Bhai Rama Singh Jee

Bhaisahib talks about Simran, and says that by doing WAHEGURU simran a human being is freed from all the cycle of birth and death and achieves contentment.

WAHEGURU is the Guru's mantar, and it may be recited by a Hindu or Muslim or Christian or Sikh or anyone : all happiness is achieved by its recitation.

With each and every breath, meditate in remembrance on the Lord of the Universe, and the anxiety within your mind shall depart. (SGGS pg 295)

Then Bhaisahib explains the 2 ways of doing WAHEGURU Simran. The first is the recitation of WAHEGURU WAHEGURU and the second is WAHEGURU Simran with every swas. The first one gifts many mental powers but it takes a long time to reach the goal. If Akal Purakh showers His Grace, or the person has done meditation in previous life, then WAHEGURU Simran flows in rhythm with every swas.

The second method method is taught by the Panj Pyaare during the Amrit ceremony. They direct that WAHEGURU Simran with every breath is very important at Amrit Vela.

Therefore after Amrit you do get a lot more laha, but that doesn't mean that before Amrit its useless to do simran! It is this simran that will take you towards the stage of Amrit. A

lso, those who have been using words like "benefit", "fruit", "result", I have a question : Does one do simran for "benefits", "fruits", "results", or out of love? Is our simran like a contract or a deal with God, or are we doing it as an act of love, remembrance and gratitude towards our True Beloved?