Prime Minister Manmohan Singh A Sikh? ? ? ?

SaRpAnCh

Is it true that a shivalingum represents (not being disrepectful or rude) a <banned word filter activated>? I heard from some people, it does as it shows the beginning of life etc. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Yes it represents that ahem ahem yes it does 110% gurantee they try to change that it does by adding diferent meanings but we all know the truth

Yes it represents that ahem ahem yes it does 110% gurantee they try to change that it does by adding diferent meanings but we all know the truth
And why should anyone take YOUR word on this? Are you a scholar on Hinduism? Yes it does mean what you think it means, but do you know anything beyond that? Why would someone worship it knowing what it means? Many Hindus also find it hard to admit, agreed, but who are you to say "they try to change that it does by adding diferent meanings"? Or did you get that from your You Tube professors?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lingam

Vaman Shivram Apte's dictionary gives seventeen definitions of the term, including these examples:

• The image of a god
  • A symptom or mark of disease
  • A spot or stain
  • A means of proof, a proof, evidence
  • The effect or product which evolves from a primary cause
  • The concept of grammatical gender

Hindu interpreters often use the underlying meaning of "sign" or "mark" for the Sanskrit word linga as the basis for their commentaries. For example:

• The name Lingam appears as a name of Shiva in the Shiva Sahasranama where it is translated by Ram Karan Sharma as "(Identifiable as) a symbol of the origin of the Universe."[8]

• Bansi Pandit, in his book Hindu Dharma, wrote that "Shivalinga means "Shiva symbol."

• Swami Sivananda, said that "Linga means a mark, in Sanskrit. It is a symbol which points to an inference. When you see a big flood in a river, you infer that there had been heavy rains the previous day. When you see smoke, you infer that there is fire. This vast world of countless forms is a Linga of the omnipotent Lord. The Shiva-Linga is a symbol of Lord Shiva. When you look at the Linga, your mind is at once elevated and you begin to think of the Lord."[9]

Western commentators often use the concept of "male generative organ" as the basis for their interpretations. For example:

• Monier-Williams provides one definition for lingam as: "The male organ... esp. that of Siva worshipped in the form of a stone or marble column".[10]

• Gavin Flood's An Introduction to Hinduism refers to the worship of Shiva "in his form as the Śiva liṅga or 'icon' found in most Hindu temples. The linga represents a mark".[11]

In Hindu Dharma, Bansi Pandit explains that "Shivalinga consists of three parts. The bottom part which is four-sided remains under ground, the middle part which is eight-sided remains on a pedestal and the top part which is actually worshipped is round. The height of the round part is one-third of its circumference. The three parts symbolize Brahma at the bottom, Vishnu in the middle and Shiva on the top. The pedestal is provided with a passage for draining away the water that is poured on top by devotees. The linga symbolizes both the creative and destructive power of the Lord and great sanctity is attached to it by the devotees."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shivling_(Garhwal_Himalaya)

Shivling is a mountain in the Gangotri Group of peaks in the western Garhwal Himalaya, near the snout of the Gangotri Glacier. It lies in the northern Indian state of Uttarakhand, 6 kilometres (4 mi) south of the Hindu holy site of Gaumukh (the source of the Bhagirathi River). Its name refers to its status as a sacred symbol of the god Shiva. It was called "Matterhorn Peak" by early European visitors because of its similarity in appearance to that Alpine peak. While not of locally great elevation, it is a dramatic rock peak, and most visually striking peak seen from Gaumukh; that and the difficulty of the climb make it a famed prize for mountaineers.

As an individual i think he is a great and very intelligent person but as a sikh i must say he is one of the stupid and a helpless fellow i guess................

31st Aug 2008 Mail Today

I have seen pics of Mr Manmohan Singhs family his son in law is Hindu she cuts her hair and she look even more ugly in those .......................i ll try cut n scan those pics for my friends out there but for sure this guy has no great feeling as such for sikhs as I have never seen him favoring or helping out Sikhs nywhere...............................................

But overall a great human being so thats the first thing we need .................