Short Ardaas In Sangat

I have heard that Baba Attar Singh Jee Mastaune Wale used to say that in sangat, a short ardaas shud be done.

I have observed tht many people try to leave before the ardaas starts as they feel its gonaa be really tough standing and listening to ardaas.

I feel the ardaasiye singh shud do a compact and simple ardaas instead of using new or tough words or repeating the same lines again and again.

I have heard that Baba Attar Singh Jee Mastaune Wale used to say that in sangat, a short ardaas shud be done.

I have observed tht many people try to leave before the ardaas starts as they feel its gonaa be really tough standing and listening to ardaas.

I feel the ardaasiye singh shud do a compact and simple ardaas instead of using new or tough words or repeating the same lines again and again.

We should do the real ardass( which is taken from chundi di //) and not the one that has been changed for us that we all practice. The short and correct ardass should be done that was given to us. Its time we start to practice the correct prayers that have been set out for us not the ones we have changed in recent times by corrupt leaders.

"x Singh/Kaur vallo £11 di ardas hai ji"

even worse...

"x Singh te y Kaur de potre, A Singh te B Kaur de saputar, Kaka C Singh de Janam Din Di Khushi vich £11 di ardas hai ji"

talk about making sure u get the right person - as if Akaal has a database for ardas or summink :\

and what kills it...

"Gupt Parivaar vallo £5 di ardas hai ji"

and most of the time if the bechare gianis forget to mention their names in ardas they go mad at them! Leh what happened to the concept of "Sarbkala Samrath" and "ghat ghat ke antar kee jaanat"

Loki pakhand karri jaande ah

[/punjabi mood]

We should do the real ardass( which is taken from chundi di //) and not the one that has been changed for us that we all practice. The short and correct ardass should be done that was given to us. Its time we start to practice the correct prayers that have been set out for us not the ones we have changed in recent times by corrupt leaders.

Dear Veer, I feel even after Sri Chandi di vaar stanza, the panth has formed a very good ardaas that reminds us of our great unmatchable history by remembering the great punj pyare of 1699, the 4 great Sahibzadas, great shaheed singhs/singhnees.

The problem is that in sangat, there are many people who are old, or not physically well and they cant stand for 15 minutes. Then there are many people who really cant focus on such a long ardaas, so deep down they are just thinking "when will this ardaas end?".

The ardassiye singh shud take this into consideration and perform a good quick ardaas. These days many gianis try to use new goody goody words(to make their ardaas better than others,lol) in their ardaas, just keep on repeating the same lines again and again. Akal Purakh does not like this, He likes a simple sachi ardaas in plane simple language.

Some time back, I went to a smagam and ardaas took 20 minutes. That just spoils the sanctity of the ardaas and u have people who are just phsysically present but mentally absent in the ardas.

Dear Veer, I feel even after Sri Chandi di vaar stanza, the panth has formed a very good ardaas that reminds us of our great unmatchable history by remembering the great punj pyare of 1699, the 4 great Sahibzadas, great shaheed singhs/singhnees.

The problem is that in sangat, there are many people who are old, or not physically well and they cant stand for 15 minutes. Then there are many people who really cant focus on such a long ardaas, so deep down they are just thinking "when will this ardaas end?".

The ardassiye singh shud take this into consideration and perform a good quick ardaas. These days many gianis try to use new goody goody words(to make their ardaas better than others,lol) in their ardaas, just keep on repeating the same lines again and again. Akal Purakh does not like this, He likes a simple sachi ardaas in plane simple language.

Some time back, I went to a smagam and ardaas took 20 minutes. That just spoils the sanctity of the ardaas and u have people who are just phsysically present but mentally absent in the ardas.

I was just pointing out that the real ardass given to us is not up for question if it was meant to be longer it would have been made so but the fact remains it wasn’t. I believe we should do the original ardass and all other paaths which have been modified. Over the recent years the truth about the teaching of Sikhi has started to become evident to all sikhs. I hope it is only matter of time before we have all the religious prayers put back into original format. As was intended by Guru Gobind singh Ji I am sure he could have added many of points in the modified ardass but he didn’t. I don’t think we should question. No?

Definitely agree with banning the whole list of who contributes what. This is why I don't give money for ardaas. If I have a request for the Lord, say help with current problems, I will say that in the Ardaas at the appropriate point in my head. Guru Maharaj knows the desires of the heart. He also knows who has given what. We don't go round tallying how many good deeds/sins we've committed so why should we count how much we've given to the Guru?

The standard ardaas is fine - it takes me only a few minutes to recite out loudly. Banning the above list would keep it short, and people's minds wouldn't start wandering.

yea, damn right :D

tec9: could you post what you mean by original Ardas?

The ardass before bits were added to it this must have happened after 1947 due to the fact that gurdwara's are mention in pakistan. How can we normal people change the ardass it was given to us by the Guru i cant remember reading or hearing any where that we can adjust it in anyway!!! or if this is allowed who takes responsibilities into this matter? :gg:

Some things I've heard

"Falanna Singh Jee nawa cameray lain di khushi vich ardas karaunde hun"

"Falanna Singh Jee license (driving license) milan di khushi vich ardas karaunde hun"

This one made me laugh

"Falanna Singh Jee nawi gaddee lain di khushi vich ardas karaunde hun. SatGuru Jee aap jee ne gaddee te meher karni, gaddee chalaan vaale te meher karni"