Short Ardaas In Sangat

The ardass before bits were added to it this must have happened after 1947 due to the fact that gurdwara's are mention in pakistan. How can we normal people change the ardass it was given to us by the Guru i cant remember reading or hearing any where that we can adjust it in anyway!!! or if this is allowed who takes responsibilities into this matter? :gg:

We can't change the first part - from Chandi Di Vaar, because it is Gurbani. However we can change other parts, don't forget that Ardas is from the heart, we can ask for whatever we need. If we couldn't change it, how would we ask for what we need? I'm not aware of a standard Ardas given by Guru Ji?

It is important to remember our Shaheeds and struggles faced by the panth, which is why they get mentioned during Ardas.

The ardass before bits were added to it this must have happened after 1947 due to the fact that gurdwara's are mention in pakistan. How can we normal people change the ardass it was given to us by the Guru i cant remember reading or hearing any where that we can adjust it in anyway!!! or if this is allowed who takes responsibilities into this matter? :gg:

We can't change the first part - from Chandi Di Vaar, because it is Gurbani. However we can change other parts, don't forget that Ardas is from the heart, we can ask for whatever we need. If we couldn't change it, how would we ask for what we need? I'm not aware of a standard Ardas given by Guru Ji?

It is important to remember our Shaheeds and struggles faced by the panth, which is why they get mentioned during Ardas.

Dont you think the Guru could have added shaheeds and many other factor which took place during his life time? I was not on about changing anything in Chandi Di // but the bits we have added on which i do not agree with. If the points added into ardass are that important why did the Guru not add them ( not all but some of them took place in his life time).

Dont you think the Guru could have added shaheeds and many other factor which took place during his life time? I was not on about changing anything in Chandi Di // but the bits we have added on which i do not agree with. If the points added into ardass are that important why did the Guru not add them ( not all but some of them took place in his life time).

How do we even know that the first part of Chandi Di Vaar was meant to be Ardas, are there any records of an 'original Ardas'? Ardas can be anything, but we follow a certain Maryada in Sangat.

The actual 'Ardas' bit is when we ask for whatever we want. It is important to remember where we came from, starting from Akaal Purkh (Preetan Bhagauti Simar Kae...) and remember those who gave their lives so we could be here today.

The stanza of Sri Chandi Di Vaar is incomplete ardaas as it does not have the name

of Dashmesh Pita. Then after mentioning the name of the 10th Nanak, the name of the 11th Guru, Guru Granth Sahib Jee is added. Then the great Punj Pyaras have to be mentioned as they are representation of Guru Panth.

Just one quick question for you. Who states the ardass is incomplete? Who added bits onto the ardass? Why did the Guru not add them bits himself? I am sure the Guru had enough knowledge and understanding to know what was he wanted and what he didnt want in an ardass.