Jathedar Of Akal Takht Joginder Singh Vedanti Resigns !

Raju

Stuff all these puppet jathedhars we need the likes of Akali Phoola Singh style Jathedhars, but we know when Jathedhars like that arrive they are removed or KILLED , so until the Sikh Movement is not fully back we will have puppets running the Akal Thakt ,so therefore it is left to the Khalsa Panth and the Sikhs within it to decide any course of movement wether its sirsa wala or any other issue you know Akal Thakt will not issue a Panthic Hukamnama while it is run by puppets of the Govt ,history shows Singhs act according to their own judgement

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All this removal and appointment of jathedars is a part of the dirty politics of punjab(india). These people are playing with Akal Takht. They have forgotten death and the punishment they have to go through.

Having, said that I feel Khalsa Raj is pretty near. These morally corrupt people's time is almost over.

Saad Sangath Ji,

Fateh

As I understand Akali Dal is saying that Badal is upset because Vedhanti praised Manmohan. I feel this is not the real reason. After delimitation Sukhbir Badal can no longer stand for elections from Faridkot and is looking at Bathinda as his new constituency. In Bathinda this Dera Baba has a good hold.

I feel Vedhanti has been just made the fall guy in Badal's poltical game. And please do remember this is the fourht Jathedar who has had to resign.

Guru Rakha

Refer: http://www.delimitation-india.com/

http://www.punjabnewsline.com/content/view/11533/38/

Saad Sangath Ji,

Fateh

As I understand Akali Dal is saying that Badal is upset because Vedhanti praised Manmohan. I feel this is not the real reason. After delimitation Sukhbir Badal can no longer stand for elections from Faridkot and is looking at Bathinda as his new constituency. In Bathinda this Dera Baba has a good hold.

I feel Vedhanti has been just made the fall guy in Badal's poltical game. And please do remember this is the fourht Jathedar who has had to resign.

Guru Rakha

Brother, people seem to think that Baba Sauda has a very good hold on people. But that is wrong. Badal lost in malwa because of his corruption. During his previous govt. 1997-2002, his minister Tota Singh patronised illegal fertilizer and crop spray factories in Malwa. These businessmen paid a hefty bribe to Tota Singh and sold Fake crop sprays to farmers. For whole five years the farmer's Kapah (cotton) crop output was very low due to fake sprays. When Amarinder Singh became CM he stopped all these illegal factories. Due to this the crop output of farmers increased as they got genuine sprays. During the 2007 elections farmers knew that if Badal comes to power they would be forced to buy fake sprays and would suffer financial losses. So, most farmers who are traditional Akali supporters opposed Badal secretly. Badal was going to lose even if there was no Baba. Babe Saude da taan bas naa his vajj giya, usde palle kuch nahin. You will see how Congress fares in Haryana, where Baba is based. Also there were reports that there was bogus voting in favour of congress in malwa during elections after 5.pm. Also the second in line leader, Dhindsa (also based in malwa), is closely related to one of Top smugglers of Punjab. Amarinder had highlighted this fact too and got peoples support. Baba is only a scapegoat, used by congress in a very clever way.

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

giani Gurbachan singh is the most amazing persopn i have ever met in my life. he stayed with us during his visit to england last year.

i feel that he will make a excellent jathedar of the akal thakat. many of you may have met him during his visits to various gurdwaras and will have whitnessed his uniqueness- seriously down to earth.

his appointment to the seat of jathedar of the akal takat brings so much happiness to my heart.

he is a great katha kari with such excellent knowledge.

post-9808-1218022988_thumb.jpg

giani Gurbachan singh is the most amazing persopn i have ever met in my life. he stayed with us during his visit to england last year.

i feel that he will make a excellent jathedar of the akal thakat. many of you may have met him during his visits to various gurdwaras and will have whitnessed his uniqueness- seriously down to earth.

his appointment to the seat of jathedar of the akal takat brings so much happiness to my heart.

he is a great katha kari with such excellent knowledge.

Thanks for that.

Vedanti quits, Gurbachan Singh to be Takht Jathedar

Manish Sirhindi

Tribune News Service

Kurukshetra, August 5

Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee (SGPC) that assembled here today accepted the resignation submitted by Akal Takht Jathedar Joginder Singh Vedanti and appointed Giani Gurbachan Singh, head granthi of Harmandar Sahib, as president of the highest temporal seat of the Sikhs.

The meeting of the SGPC was held at Gurdwara Sri Hargobind Sahib and was presided over by Avtar Singh Makkar and attended by 13 of the 15 members. Vedanti had yesterday submitted his resignation to SGPC general secretary Sukhdev Singh Bhaur and executive member Rajinder Singh Mehta, in which he cited health reasons for resigning from the post.

The resignation was today read out by Makkar before the SGPC members and was accepted by 11 of the 13 members present during the meeting. Karnail Singh Panjoli and Gurwinder Singh raised objections against the resignation, alleging that Vedanti was being forced to resign as SAD chief Prakash Singh Badal wished so. Bhajan Kaur and Santok Singh did not attend the meeting.

Panjoli alleged that Vedanti had fallen off the good books of Badal for his having raised the demand for a separate state for the Sikhs during his recent visit to the US and for having asked Sikh MPs to support Prime Minister Manmohan Singh over the N-deal issue in Parliament.

Panjoli said the manner in which Vedanti had been “forced to resign” without having been allowed time to put up his point of view was unacceptable.

Makkar told The Tribune that Vedanti had stated in his resignation that due to ill-health he was unable to continue as Akal Takht Jathedar and had requested the SGPC to appoint the next Jathedar of the Takht.

He said it had been decided to appoint Giani Gurbachan Singh as Akal Takht Jathedar and he would be sworn in on August 7 in the presence of various Sikh organisations.

He, however, refused to divulge the reasons behind Vedanti’s resignation. Vedanti had been appointed Jathedar of Akal Takht in 2000. Recently, he came under attack from a number of Sikh organisations for his having failed to handle the Sikh-dera row with a “strong hand”.

http://www.tribuneindia.com/2008/20080806/main4.htm