Jathedar Of Akal Takht Joginder Singh Vedanti Resigns !

Raju

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No matter what Bhai Sahib's Jeevan is, he will have to bow down to whatever Badal wants...as soon as he doesn't, he too will be removed just like Vedanti Sahib.

My personal opinion is that Bhai Sahib will have to do things to make Badal think he's in his control but undercover hopefully he supports panthic activities. Ultimately, Bhai Sahib just like Vadanti Sahib will be hated when he too is removed but someone has got to become the Jathedar and clearly Bhai Sahib knows that if the Jathedari goes into the wrong hands then its nothing but doom.

Again, i know nothing about Bhai Sahib at all, so as other have said...best of luck to him. Hopefully he will be supporting panthic activities, undercover if need be.

The first thing he should do is issue a Hukamnama saying that the Jathedar of Akaal Takht can't be sacked by politicians / SAD/ SGPC etc. Then put in place procedures for appointment of Jathedars by 5 Pyare from our puratan jathas - e.g Nihung Jathas, Taksal, Hoti Mardan etc.

In any case, my Ardas is that Waheguru gives him strength to do his duty.

No matter what Bhai Sahib's Jeevan is, he will have to bow down to whatever Badal wants...as soon as he doesn't, he too will be removed just like Vedanti Sahib.

My personal opinion is that Bhai Sahib will have to do things to make Badal think he's in his control but undercover hopefully he supports panthic activities. Ultimately, Bhai Sahib just like Vadanti Sahib will be hated when he too is removed but someone has got to become the Jathedar

Looks like being Akaal Takht Jathedar is the way to go to get into a lose-lose situation..

BREAKING NEWS AND INFORMATION

Vedanti loses post of Granthi

Varinder Walia

Tribune News Service

Amritsar, August 6

Even as Giani Joginder Singh Vedanti was removed from the post of Granthi, Golden Temple, as well today, he started meetings with rival Akali leaders in a bid to mobilise opinion against the ruling SAD and the SGPC.

The former Jathedar held a three-hour meeting with Manjit Singh Calcutta, a veteran SGPC member and bete noire of Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal, at latter’s residence here.

Meanwhile, the SGPC locked the Akal Takht Secretariat to prevent the entry of the former Jathedar and his confidants. Prithipal Singh Sandhu, personal secretary to Vedanti, said the office was locked after their (Vedanti and Sandhu) visit yesterday. This step was taken by the SGPC so that the former Jathedar could not lay hands on official files and important documents. It is learnt that the former Jathedar had kept some explosive information/record in the secretariat to be used against the Akali Dal and SGPC.

The SGPC has deployed its task force on the Akal Takht premises to prevent any untoward incident tomorrow to during the installation of Giani Gurbachan Singh as officiating Jathedar.

Some radical Sikhs also met Vedanti at his residence in the Golden Temple complex. It is learnt that Vedanti told Calcutta that he had offered Parkash Singh Badal on July 24, 2006, to step down as Jathedar when the latter pressurised him to withdraw edict against the RSS. The secret meeting, held on July 23, 2006, was held on the premises of local Guru Ram Dass Medical College and attended by BJP’s MP Navjot Singh Sidhu, SGPC chief and senior official of the RSS.

Meanwhile, Dr Amarjit Singh, director of “khalistan” centre DC offered Vedanti “political asylum” in the USA for supporting the demand of a separate sovereign Sikh state.

The UK-based former adviser to Vedanti, Dr Jasdev Singh Rai, has said the Sikh diaspora might not recognise Giani Gurbachan Singh as Jathedar because they were not taken into confidence before unceremonious removal of Vedanti as Jathedar of Akal Takht.

On the other hand, the Delhi Sikh Gurdwara Management Committee is contemplating moving the Supreme Court against the unceremonious removal of Jathedar Vedanti.

Senior Congress leaders from Majha have criticised the SAD leadership for Vedanti’s removal.

http://www.tribuneindia.com/2008/20080807/punjab1.htm#6

Many Sikhs, as well as reliable sources, have alleged the new Jathedhaar is Panthic at heart and a learned Gursikh. This may indeed definitely be the case, but with Shiromani Akali Dal (Badal) controlling the mainstream political affairs of the Khalsa Panth, there is little chance Singh Saahib Giani Gurbachan Singh can put forward the Panthic agenda without being "sacked" by the SGPC, i.e. Akali Dal, i.e. Badal. Even Singh Saahib Giani Joginder Singh Vedanti may have had Panthic interests at heart, which are now slowly emerging in the media (to a certain extent), but he was not able to advance them due to the foolish pressure of those in the real command of Akaal Thakat Saahib. When he did try to oppose those pulling the strings, or went against their views, he was forced to "resign". This is sadly the true unfortunate current state of affairs.

lol

trust u wont be hearing anything bad about giani gurbachan singh jee

thats for sure

Jasmit, I wish he turns out exactly as you said and lives up to those expectations of yours but as far as what i have heard about him yet, he's another Badal's crony, belongs to his home district and his all career has seen him rise due to 'blessings' of Mr. Badal from a sewadar to Jathedar Of Akal Takht.

Why was Vedanti been forced to resign, coz he dared to go against rules set by badal....and would they install ant other humble Sikh instead of Vedanti? I guess No....it has to be a Badal confidant through whom Badal can employ his RSS agenda.