What do you eat from the following choices?  

175 members have voted

1. 1. What do you eat from the following choices?

• I am a strict vegetarian
    • I still eat Meat, but trying to quit
    • I eat Meat and i love it
    • I only eat EGGS and or FISH
    • I only eat GELATIN/RENNET (animal fat in food products)

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am also of the same view.I dont get the reason people give for being vegie(when they r not fully veggie). Few popular ones are: 1) Killing is cruel: then why do we kill plants and why dont we liv

I try to be as strict as possible, striving to be at the VEGAN level, but I guess Vegans don't even drink milk, or eat cheese, because COWS are pressured to give milk, and never give it on their own a

Even the yogurt with flavors, such as strabery flavor, or peach flavor have kosher gelatin in it. Make sure you read the labels carefully

I try to be as strict as possible, striving to be at the VEGAN level, but I guess Vegans don't even drink milk, or eat cheese, because COWS are pressured to give milk, and never give it on their own accord, where they have machines hooked up to generate milk from them. :@ @ :) @ :@ Mainly, I just read the labels on alot of the stuff I eat, bhul chuk muaf!! ^_^

• Like 2

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

I'm an absoloutly strict vegitarian :nihungsmile: , I used to eat egg and egg products untl i was 11 but then i decided to quit. its reaalllyyyy hard givin up all the sweets and cakes but i manage

I gave up meat after watching Daljeet's presentation, but i eat stuff with egg in it, i.e. bakery stuff. Will give up that as well with time. :@ @

I'm wiv u .

No meat or Fish n stuff

but Gelatine I try to avoid - cause its jus

uuuggggh

and eggs

thats REALLY HARD

almost impossible here :@

Icecream, bread, bakery, pancakes

and all other nice ffod has it

tho NO PURE like biled egg n stuff tongue.gif

Sat Sri Akal:

Well, Sikhs can't be vegan...they put butter (Desi Ghee) in Karah Parshad...so anyone thinking of going vegan, remember this.

Not that a cow has to be slaughtered to get the milk out of her...but yes, I do not like the treatment that the poor animals are given.

ms514,

Good point on the Vegan aspect and Karah Prashaad.

I'm a strict Lacto-Vegetarian, however am pretty much moving as far possible to the Vegan level, more for health than the aforementioned concerns (not that I support the treatment meated out to the cows, but like you say it's not going to entirely possible for Sikhs to totally avoid Diary).

My main reason for doing so is the ill-effects of diary products (mainly milk and cheese) in their mucus producing nature...particularly amongst Africans and Asians (why most Desi and Chinese Docs often advise to avoid milk products when one falls ill).

since you're involved in the medical field, perhaps you could offer some advice on this front?

Thanks.

The diary products are made out of milk and milk is called Amrit in Gurbani. Therefore, milk is a vegetarian diet. Read the following tuk:

pasoo mileh chang-aa-ee-aa kharh khaaveh amrit deh.

naam vihoonay aadmee Dharig jeevan karam karayhi. ||3||

Even beasts have value, as they eat grass and give Amrit (milk).

Without the Naam, the mortal`s life is cursed, as are the actions he performs. ||3||

I was usesd to eat meat. But now I don't for some reasons, cuz i wanna be on a safe side cuz some ppl sat its allowed in sikhi and some say it is not. if it is not allowed in sikhi, and i eat it, then i am comminting a sin. On the other side, whether it is allowed in sikhi or not, i am not committing a sin by not eating it. So I think i am better off by not eating it. But egg is in everything, such as cookies, donuts, subway breads, all in all, in every bakery item. I don't eat eggs, but I do eat these things that have eggs? What should I do?