WHAT DO YOU EAT!?!?!

What do you eat from the following choices?  

176 members have voted

1. 1. What do you eat from the following choices?

• I am a strict vegetarian
    • I still eat Meat, but trying to quit
    • I eat Meat and i love it
    • I only eat EGGS and or FISH
    • I only eat GELATIN/RENNET (animal fat in food products)

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

guru gobind singh je drank milk from the ganga sagr. The sahibzadae drank milk when they were in jail. Ure allowed to drink milk

bhula chuka maf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguru ji ka khalsa, Waheguru ji ki fatehh

Jio, its not whether to drink milk or not.... its whether miling a cow is hurting or not... like forced! That is what daljeet tried to say. India they manually milk a cow... well in the pind :@ Here they use forcible machines... but i still drink milk ... milk is energy love it... i actually drink more milk then anythin like when im thirsty no water but straight milk.

And thanks all for great responses to this post. I use to eat a lot of meat before ... like breakfast, snacks, dinner, lunch ... EVERYTHIN ... meat meat meat... now for 2 years ... strict vege. I read all labels and try to stay away from gelatin and rennet guru kirpa naal. :@

Hope everyone the best if ur trying to quit.... not that hard envelope.gif

bhul chuk maph! ^_^

I'm a strict vegetarian. I was raised in a vegetarian family, so I have never had any meat or eggs in my lfe. Waheguru Ji De Kirpa. I always read all lables and everything. I do have one question regarding gelatin. As I unsderstand it, there are two types of gelatin one that comes from animals and the other from plants. How do know which is used in what? For example, the other day I had some Skittles. After having some, I read the package and it said it contained gelatin. How do I know that it is the animal kind and not the one from plants? I did do ardaas for forgiveness just to be safe. Any one have any facts?

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru jiki fatehh

hmm

i learned something form my muslim friend...

(i think its only USA thing, not really sure about other parts of teh world)...

what eva says "u" ;( u )..its safe to eat it..i mean ..on every pack...they have this lable> u (some times the u is circled) it means that it has no pigs(or animalz) thingi used..

cuz as u knwo muslims dont eat any kind of meat that is not hallaal..

i thought it was a bonuz for me..i dont have to read the whole lable rolleyes.gif ..(i used to and ..holy those tiny words, ...usually i dont have a clue what the words stand for tongue.gif:@ ..so i do ardas..and be like i dotn knwo what it means..so forgive me jio..im hungry im gona eat it! :@

na thats a joke(the last part))

hope this helps.. blush.gif

bhul chuk muaff karni

waheguru ji kakhalsa waheguru jiki fateh

~waheguru ang sang sahai~

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

guru gobind singh je drank milk from the ganga sagr. The sahibzadae drank milk when they were in jail. Ure allowed to drink milk

bhula chuka maf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguru ji ka khalsa, Waheguru ji ki fatehh

Jio, its not whether to drink milk or not.... its whether miling a cow is hurting or not... like forced! That is what daljeet tried to say. India they manually milk a cow... well in the pind :@ Here they use forcible machines... but i still drink milk ... milk is energy love it... i actually drink more milk then anythin like when im thirsty no water but straight milk.

And thanks all for great responses to this post. I use to eat a lot of meat before ... like breakfast, snacks, dinner, lunch ... EVERYTHIN ... meat meat meat... now for 2 years ... strict vege. I read all labels and try to stay away from gelatin and rennet gur

u kirpa naal. :@

Hope everyone the best if ur trying to quit.... not that hard :e:

bhul chuk maph! ^_^

I'm not sure about Cows lol

but IF im not wrong

they HAVE TO BE MILKED

orelse they Die

its not like they're tortured

I mean its a PAIN for the cow if the milk isn't 'take out'

I even read that now a days

theres machines, where if the cow feelst that it has 2 take out milk

thye can go to the machine itself :)

I don't liek the conept of 'vegan'

bhull chukk maaf

GurFateh

If we look at hurting the animals then horse riding is also like hurting the horse.Or there are many things doctors test on animals first.I have seen many monkeys in chandigarh who has lost their senses due to their continious use in testing certain medicines.There are certain analgesic medicines which are partially made out of animal fats or other things.How do we justify that?

Even some soaps are made of animal fats.Some oils are made out of animal fats.Even the white grained sugar is treated with animal fat.There are so many things in our daily life which we use unknowingly.

And if we look at musical instuments (like tabla) they are also made out of animal skin...but I think usually they make these instruments from dead animals.Same is the case with juttiyan or shoes.

I think if somebdy is leaving meat for health reasons then he shud be vegan also, as milk as has the same animal fat.They shud not eat cakes , yogurt etc also.

But if somebdy is leaving meat cuz of religious reasons then he has to avoid everything except milk and other milk products( which doesn't hurt cows , as Mr Singh ji told us)

By the way, why COW's system is different from human regarding milk?I think God gave milk to the cow for her calf not for us.Why COW has to milked for HUMANS?IF it(not milking) hurts the cow then it(milk) belongs to the calf not us.

What do u guyz think?

Thnx

I have been reading this post and I really think we all should keep Sarbloh Bibek. Then we would not have any of these problem.

Now I belive that Sarbloh Bibek is a must of all Gursikhs, and it should be our aim to keep Sarbloh Bibek, and not say any thing to the Gursikh that keeps Sarbloh Bibek rehat.

So every please try keeping Sarbloh Bibek this will help the Khalsa have unity and a steping stone to Khalsa Raja.

http://www.tapoban.org/langar.htm