WHAT DO YOU EAT!?!?!

What do you eat from the following choices?  

176 members have voted

1. 1. What do you eat from the following choices?

• I am a strict vegetarian
    • I still eat Meat, but trying to quit
    • I eat Meat and i love it
    • I only eat EGGS and or FISH
    • I only eat GELATIN/RENNET (animal fat in food products)

animal testing is obsurd....totally

ridign a horse does not hurt it..rather it enjoys it :@

and cows these days are torutured 2 the extreem for their milk..pumped full of steroids strapped 2 machines for 8hours a day...

what a life

ps: i eat meat

OYE !! Gabroo ji... hale meat nai chadya ?????

.... we should have a talk again tongue.gif

:e:

animal testing is obsurd....totally
Can u explain how is it absurd? Dont u think it "hurts" umm? I juss wanna ask here that people who renounce meat because they think it is inhuman to kill animals , how do they justify this? Do they still take medicines knowing that it took so many lives and disrupted the normal life of many god created living beings.
ridign a horse does not hurt it..rather it enjoys it

I didn't quite follow u.How do horses enjoy it when they r tied upto their nose and had to bear the weight of a person "without any reason"? they are not free ...they live like slaves.Whats the enjoyment here.

and cows these days are torutured 2 the extreem for their milk..pumped full of steroids strapped 2 machines for 8hours a day...

what a life

I juss wanna ask here why do we drink milk of the cow which is not meant for us?I never seen any other anima

l (except us, we are social animals) torturing any other animal for "MILK".

How do u guyz justify these things?Plz respond.

why eat meat when we can survive without it ?? just a taste?

Two reason not to eat meat :

1) It's god who made those animals, It's not our duty to kill them. Let him/her take care of it

2) It's cruel.. No animal wants to die in any way ! rolleyes.gif

lolz rochak veerji!!!

well..i wasn't a vegetarian at 1st, but after i was blessed with amrit, i started being one...but at that time i took egg, coz i didn't know it was wrong...now, i'm not taking it at all...n very very VERY fussy abt food..heheheh..i'll get gaala frm parents n relatives n all..but who cares!

btw...what is 'kosher'???

u all have to becareful with the emulsifiers in biscuits, ice-creams,chocolates n stuff..... sum are meat based...sum are not...n also lecithin...it can be made out of soya or egg yolk..so the safest thing to do is...call up the company who makes that product, for example a chocolate company, call them n find out..thatz wat i did here... :@

All the best!!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

wot do u guys think about egg as meat? we think it is, but frm a scientist point of view its not actually bin born.

opionions plz

We (or most veggies here) don't want to eat something thta kills an animal

end of discussion

that egg could have become a chicken :@

Guest SikhForLife
btw...what is 'kosher'???

Kosher meat: jews believe they have to eat the butcherd meant within 2 days

Kosher (or hebrew pron. "Kasher" or "Kashrut" ) means pure..

Hebrew laws define what food is pure and what not..

Kosher may contain some types of animals which are defined as "NOT MEAT" in jewish religion/culture.

http://www.jewfaq.org/kashrut.htm

Certain animals may not be eaten at all. This restriction includes the flesh, organs, eggs and milk of the forbidden animals.

Of the animals that may be eaten, the birds and mammals must be killed in accordance with Jewish law.

All blood must be drained from the meat or broiled out of it before it is eaten.

Certain parts of permitted animals may not be eaten.

Meat (the flesh of birds and mammals) cannot be eaten with dairy. Fish, eggs, fruits, vegetables and grains can be eaten with either meat or dairy. (According to some views, fish may not be eaten with meat).

Utensils that have come into contact with meat may not be used with dairy, and vice versa. Utensils that have come into contact with non-kosher food may not b

e used with kosher food. This applies only where the contact occurred while the food was hot.

Grape products made by non-Jews may not be eaten.