WHAT DO YOU EAT!?!?!

What do you eat from the following choices?  

176 members have voted

1. 1. What do you eat from the following choices?

• I am a strict vegetarian
    • I still eat Meat, but trying to quit
    • I eat Meat and i love it
    • I only eat EGGS and or FISH
    • I only eat GELATIN/RENNET (animal fat in food products)

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

The reason egg is wrong is because it deserves to be born just like any human, how would a human mother feeel if that happened to her child.

BTW, Even if a food product has a veggie sign on it it still may contain egg, because as KANDOLA veer said scientists say that egg is not meat, so u still have to check.

Be careful, be very careful.....

I'm not sure about Cows lol

but IF im not wrong

they HAVE TO BE MILKED

orelse they Die

What abt the wild cows??? :T:

Do they die after giving birth as nobdy milk umm except calf.

wikid..hehehhe

but the thing is calf dies if calf(boy or gal hahaha) drinks too much!

i remember my mum ji used milk cow..and would leave little for the calf.. but when my biji used to milk our cow..she would leave loads of milk for calf..and jus bring home as much as we needed right, she was like proper kaur, didnt want to take someone elsez thing...but then the calf would get sick...so then my bapuji told my mum ji to milk the cow from now on! after talkin to my biji>> my bapuji(granddad) told my biji to leave less for teh calf..ma biji was wacko.gif hahaha...it was cute..hahhaha

so instead of gettin into argument everyday..he told my mum ji to milk the cow... tongue.gif

anyhow

thing is...those wild cows...they dont get good stuff to eat..so they can't/dont produce as much milk as domestic cows/buffalows..

see the difference? u feed loads of stuff when cow/baffalow gives birth! where as the poor wild ones dont get any special treatment!

...there are so many things done...hehehe..man i miss those days..u made so many good things for teh "GA" "MAJJH" i used to be jealous :@ (they paid more attesion to the cow then me! :@ )

hehhehe

bhul chuk muaf karni

Thankx kaur_khalistani_lioness for explaining my doubt over wild cows.....but people still think that they are tortured for the milk and I am not able to understnad why do we need milk from "other" animal when we can do without it....as S1ngh ji said that "why to kill animal when we can survive without it ( Also,Why do we prefer killing plants rather than animals...Is plant's life different frm animal's?)"......same here why to milk cow or even rear cow when we can do with out it.......isn't it true???

Secondly.....nobdy responded to the issues raised by me in my last few replies.I was thinkin that people will come up with some explanations...but nuthin came out.Anyways, if u guyz think the issues raised were stupid...atleast refute them.

QUOTE (JSingh @ Apr 2 2004, 09:34 AM)

The diary products are made out of milk and milk is called Amrit in Gurbani. Therefore, milk is a vegetarian diet. Read the following tuk:

pasoo mileh chang-aa-ee-aa kharh khaaveh amrit deh.

naam vihoonay aadmee Dharig jeevan karam karayhi. ||3||

Even beasts have value, as they eat grass and give Amrit (milk).

Without the Naam, the mortal`s life is cursed, as are the actions he performs. ||3||

i beleive milk is only amrit for hindus, and this tuk may have been addressed to them. We obviously have a different idea of what amrit is..

I was thinking about hte vegan aspect and sikhi etc.. sikhi is meant to be universal etc etc.. ive found eveyrthing in sikhi could even apply to aliens and whatever else, its so beautiful, but one thing ive been thinking about lately is degh!! what happens if all the cows go extinct? or like the earth gets destroyed and we are living in space somewhere with no cows ahaha, then no more degh? or do we create a new degh recipe? i mean we can make butter out of like soy, soy butter, but hte question is, is this ok?

because the power of degh is not in the flour, water, sugar or butter, its in the naam, ba

ni and ardas right?

Dear MKhalsa Ji, sorry for replying to your post late. I almost forgot that i posted something on this thread too... lolzzzz

Bhaji, I don't see anything in that shabad that says that milk is Amrit for hindus. In order to see what does Amrit mean in this context. We have to compare two things that Guru Ji talk about in that tuk above. One is grass and other is milk. Now you can see the difference between the grass and milk. It is amazing that these animals eat grass, that you can see everywhere, and give a valuable thing, milk, so in this sense, milk is amrit compared with grass. Therefore, milk is vegetarian. To further see it, read this following shabad in Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji by Bhagat Dhanna Ji where Bhagat Ji is asking for wordly things:

ga-oo bhais maga-o laavayree.

ik taajan turee changayree.

ghar kee geehan changee.

jan Dhannaa layvai mangee. ||2||4|| (SGGS 695)

Meaning:

A milk cow, and a water buffalo, I beg of You,

and a fine Turkestani horse.

A good wife to care for my home

- Your humble servant Dhanna begs for these things, Lord. ||2||4||

As you can see, Bhagat Ji is asking for a laveri gaan and majh (jihri already su chukki hove te dukh dendi hove).

So please try to see the context in which Guru Sahib called milk 'Amrit'

bhul chuk di khima....

Bhaji, when a cow and buffalo suee hove, they have to be milked, otherwise, they will have pain. Just like you want to pee and your bladder is full and you can't hold it no more and you can't even find a place to attend the call of the nature. You have the control over your body and you have do it anywhere you feel like to release the pressure, but these animals can't do it themselves. They need our help to milk them. You see Waheguru's creation if perfect. He created it in His own image. Like lion or many more wild animals, their diet is meat, they have to kill another animal to survive. We cannot make everyone, inclucing animals vegetarian, this would be going againt Akal Purukh's will.

Bhaji, when a cow and buffalo suee hove, they have to be milked, otherwise, they will have pain. Just like you want to pee and your bladder is full and you can't hold it no more and you can't even find a place to attend the call of the nature. You have the control over your body and you have do it anywhere you feel like to release the pressure, but these animals can't do it themselves. They need our help to milk them. You see Waheguru's creation if perfect. He created it in His own image. Like lion or many more wild animals, their diet is meat, they have to kill another animal to survive. We cannot make everyone, inclucing animals vegetarian, this would be going againt Akal Purukh's will.

I think God gives every animal a mechanism to survive.If a cow suees(or delivers) , there must be mechanism to save her life.God cannot make her dependent on us if she suees.Here again I can argue abt wild cows....do they die after giving birth as there is nobdy to milk umm?

no bhaji, they have their calfs to suck the milk and therefore they do not die. everything in the creation is connected and have casue and effect, or is associated with other things. like a lion eats a deer to survive, dear may eat something else, to survive, or that somthing else easts something else to survive. All the species' diet is provided by Akal Purukh, as it is said in Rehras Sahib. There is nothing wrong in demesticating a cow and give part of the milk to the calf or give the the whole milk to the calf until the calf is read to digest or eat pathe and then use the milk for household. If we start thinking we don't gave right to cow's milk cuz it belongs to the calf, we will die and not eat anything cuz even plants have life, they have feelings too. Why do we kill the pants to survive? Why not stay hungry an die? We are not Jains, who cover their mouths so that not even a single insect in the air get in their mouths. By doing all things we cannot reach God. We need to accept the nature and abide by its rules and work towards our spiritual upliftment.

bhul chuk di khima....

no bhaji, they have their calfs to suck the milk and therefore they do not die. everything in the creation is connected and have casue and effect, or is associated with other things. like a lion eats a deer to survive, dear may eat something else, to survive, or that somthing else easts something else to survive. All the species' diet is provided by Akal Purukh, as it is said in Rehras Sahib. There is nothing wrong in demesticating a cow and give part of the milk to the calf or give the the whole milk to the calf until the calf is read to digest or eat pathe and then use the milk for household. If we start thinking we don't gave right to cow's milk cuz it belongs to the calf, we will die and not eat anything cuz even plants have life, they have feelings too. Why do we kill the pants to survive? Why not stay hungry an die? We are not Jains, who cover their mouths so that not even a single insect in the air get in their mouths. By doing all things we cannot reach God. We need to accept the nature and abide by its rules and work towards our spiritual upliftment.

bhul chuk di khima....

Thanks for the gr8 answer.one more question:

If plants have life which I think have same status as of animals, why do we prefer killing plants rather than animals...and who told us what is sin....i mean why do we think killing animal for food(only for food) is sin

and killing plant for food in 'NOT' sin.

If we say God made our body for plants then why God made us omnivorous.

And milk is also a product of an animal and have animal protiens and fats, which are similar to meat.Why do we drink milk , if we avoid meat assuming our body is made for plants?

Bhaji, meat and milk are two different things, like a child sucks her mother's milk, but he/she is not killing his/her mother for milk right. as Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji says in Asa Di // that there is nothing without meet, "jete daane ann ke, jeeaa bajh na koae, pehla paani jeo hai, jit hareya sabh koi..." therefore, nobody is vegetarian in on earth. We drink water and we breathe in and everything has small insects in and we cannot be like Jains in order to avoid these things. We have many insects inside us, nothing is without meat or flesh. as you said, we are omnivorous, but i still don't quite understand if we are allowed to kill the animal for food or not, just like we do to plants, since plans have lives too and i think they are also counted in 84 joons, probably. don't know. I think we won't understand these things untill we get spritually enlightened. then Guru Sahib will help us see and understand Akal Purukh's creation...

bhul chuk di khima....