WHAT DO YOU EAT!?!?!

What do you eat from the following choices?  

176 members have voted

1. 1. What do you eat from the following choices?

• I am a strict vegetarian
    • I still eat Meat, but trying to quit
    • I eat Meat and i love it
    • I only eat EGGS and or FISH
    • I only eat GELATIN/RENNET (animal fat in food products)

yaar, thats why i didn't vote on this pole. i don't know who i am. i can't be precise. i think those who are strictly vegetarian also live in this same world. they inhale the same air that non-veggies do. as it is said in Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji that only the fools querrel over the meat issue, and thats what we are now :@

I am also of the same view.I dont get the reason people give for being vegie(when they r not fully veggie).

Few popular ones are:

1) Killing is cruel: then why do we kill plants and why dont we live according to jains who take utmost care for not killing organisms.Why do we take medicines, use soap, and lottsa other things.

2) Meat is not for humans: Then why do we drink milk....it has the same properties.Why do we eat cakes and cookies.

3)Killing is sin: Then why do we kill plants.How do we know killing animals is a sin but not plants.

I really wanna see the fine line.I mean something which really answers everything.

And u r true...I m fool thats why I m arguing over meat as told by Guru Nanak dev ji.We all shud respect Akal Takhat (where they gave the freedom and told us not to fight over it) and be in His(God's) Hukam.

oh yaar balwindreya, tu aapne aap nu phool na keh... i said we are all fool, it was not directed towards anyone. i am in too cuz i am also participating in meat issue. i'm the biggest fool. all i know is talk, but nothing more than that... andron khaali aan... :@

the shabad is "maas maas kar moorakh jhagray"

this does NOT mean "everybody who fights about meat is an <banned word filter activated>"

it means "the ritualistic pandit is a fool for he argues, 'this is meat,' 'that is meat'"

the shabad goes on to say that without 'gyaan' you will not know what is really meat and what is not

you will not realize what is OKAY and what is NOT okay to eat

this is called BIBEK BUDHEE and only Guru Sahib can bless it to you

and Guru Sahib's darshan happens through Guru Sahib - in the shabad jyot suroop of Baba Nanak - GURU GRANTH SAHIB JEE, read from GUru GRanth Sahib jee and do vichar (YES DO VICHAR ABOUT MEAT TOO!!!) and then have pyaar and

with reading,

listening,

accepting,

loving,

following gurbani

you will get bibek budhee

something I don't have yet because I don't practice rehit enough.

Please don't say that you are an <banned word filter activated> for discussing meat.

Idiots are those people who

1) say they are right and everybody is wrong

2) say everybody is right and the guru is wrong

3) don't even bother to find out the truth

I am sincerely sorry for anything I said against Gurmat and Saadh Sangat jee please forgive me and may Guru jee bless you with naam and chardee kalaa,

saajan thayray charan kee hoay rahaa sadh dhooR

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Thanks for the reply Jsingh ji and SaadhRayn Kaur ji.

I juss wanna ask SaadhRayn Kaur ji the following questions:

1) How do u deal with the issues myself and Jsingh ji were discussing.

2) Do I need to reach certain spirtual level to get an idea of what it is all about?

3)Whats ur most convincing arguement abt not eating meat and how do u justify this?

4) Whats ur fine line where u think its okay if my action kills these organisms (including small organisms in water and air , plants and seeds too).....and u dont consider it a sin?

5)Whats ur definition for non-veggie and veggie?

And lastly...

5) Do u think Sikh eating meat is commiting a sin and has to be rebaptized if taken amrit?

Thnkx.

I'm a strict vegetarian. I was raised in a vegetarian family, so I have never had any meat or eggs in my lfe. Waheguru Ji De Kirpa. I always read all lables and everything. I do have one question regarding gelatin. As I unsderstand it, there are two types of gelatin one that comes from animals and the other from plants. How do know which is used in what? For example, the other day I had some Skittles. After having some, I read the package and it said it contained gelatin. How do I know that it is the animal kind and not the one from plants? I did do ardaas for forgiveness just to be safe. Any one have any facts?

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Singh Jee all Gelatin is made from animals. The 'Gelatin' made from plants has a different name to it. Its called "PECTIN".

ps: I used to get my starburst (may be once skittles) from UK LOL :@ . Some candies you get over there don't have any animal products in it.

1) Killing is cruel: then why do we kill plants and why dont we live according to jains who take utmost care for not killing organisms.Why do we take medicines, use soap, and lottsa other things.
We don't live according to 'Jainies' because we are Sikh and so were our Guroo's. Thats what you are supposed to follow the way our Guroo Sahib lived their lives without meat. Simple as that. Plus all Herbivorous animals have Square teeth. And so do you and me. All the Carnivorous have sharp Teeth so they can eat meat.
2) Meat is not for humans: Then why do we drink milk....it has the same properties.Why do we eat cakes and cookies.

Again we are not killing any living organism on purpose just to get milk from the cow. Again None of the Guroo Sahib's said we couldn't drink it either. There are tons of examples of milk feeding in gurbani. like this one (Forgive me Guroo Jee for this) Its doesn't say MEAT KHAYO GOBINDAY..... you get the pic.

About the cookies and cake thing. My mom makes both at home. As a matter of fact I m gona go have a cookie right no

w... tongue.gif And she makes awesome cake :@

3)Killing is sin: Then why do we kill plants. How do we know killing animals is a sin but not plants.

I really wanna see the fine line.I mean something which really answers everything.

Is it really hard to Follow the way Guroo Sahib lived their lives?

This is to All the non-vegs.. Next time you are about to eat meat think about your Guroo Sahib (if you actually believe in him) would he be eating the same meat you are about to have?

3)Whats ur most convincing arguement abt not eating meat and how do u justify this?

4) Whats ur fine line where u think its okay if my action kills these organisms (including small organisms in water and air , plants and seeds too).....and u dont consider it a sin?

5)Whats ur definition for non-veggie and veggie?

And lastly...

5) Do u think Sikh eating meat is commiting a sin and has to be rebaptized if taken amrit?

My Guroo told me not to eat it. Thats only one best logic I can think of.

All the meat eaten by all the people is just for taste. NO such thing as a "NEED OF MEAT" its all "WANT OF MEAT". OUR Guroo Jee drank water, used to breath air, and ate plants and seeds. I try to do the same. I don't consider it a sin because My Guroo Sahib didn't.

Yup if you eat meat on purpose one would be a sinner for sure.

I can bet you if most of you Non- vegs had to kill your own meat, chop its head off, peel the skin off and see all that blood coming out and then wash your blood bathed clothes. you'll never eat meat again in your life.