WHAT DO YOU EAT!?!?!

What do you eat from the following choices?  

176 members have voted

1. 1. What do you eat from the following choices?

• I am a strict vegetarian
    • I still eat Meat, but trying to quit
    • I eat Meat and i love it
    • I only eat EGGS and or FISH
    • I only eat GELATIN/RENNET (animal fat in food products)

Veerji our canines are not carnivorous canines - they are to bite into hard furits like apples .... if they were like a dog or cheetah, try jumping on the backside of a cow and rip pingher hood with your 'canines' ....(make a youtube video for the sangat if you can ) ....

Meat if only form of cruelty bhaji .... there is the whole dairy thing which also causes tremenedous suffering - In north america and europe dairy cows are never given a break , they are milked even when pregnant , they are given hormones to increase output (like oxytocin), they are kept in very small spaces , the male calves are separated from mother at birth for produciton of veal ...finally when they are spent which is only about 5 years of life they are sent to the butcher

It's not just that they don't get khurak so they made severely anaemic pumped with antibiotics to grow faster ...I don't think they wait five years anymore more like two ...BIng kaasaian da saana... bechare ...taraas bahut aunda soch ke ...mere Munde kehnde 'main joonaa ch nahin pena Maa ...kini varee aukhi ton aukha moth naseeb hoga'

I love meat and will always love meet

Don't push your veggie views as sikh views cause they are not!!!!!

when you can execute your own jhatka by your own hand then talk ...else do what is advised if you can't do the time don't do the crime stay veggie...any nihang would say the same. . The maas you eat is not jhatka ...if you are not doing the deed yourself and if it was not a clean kill with one stroke . Besides now so much halal meat has been snuck onto the market you cannnot trust the labelling.

A Sikh is supposed to be in control of him/herself at all times and not lead around by their desires like a bull with a nose-ring ...so I would suggest more paat less maas

Please can someone quote a shabad telling to consume meat?

Very simple request. Just 1 specific shabad nothing else. There are shabads that tell us to consume Roti, Grains etc. But I can't find a shabad to tell us to consume meat.

As Sikhs we follow Guru Ji's shabad, therefore this is where we seek guidance to live our life.

WJKK WJKF

Please take up this issue with the akal takhat and The rehat maryada which is endorsed by them. If Sikhs are not meant to eat meat, the main maryada should be revised?

One maryada for all Sikhs if the guru, not numerous.

Define guru ka singh?

Do you play the tabla?

Do you wear leather belts?

Do you wear down jackets?

DO you use down comforters?

Do you wear shoes?

Do you use products that have been tested on animals?

If your answer is yes to any of these, I suggest you get off your high horse. Thanks

Wasn't trying to offend anyone just want to know ,

ਨਰੂ ਮਰੈ ਨਰੁ ਕਾਮਿ ਨ ਆਵੈ ॥

Naroo Marai Nar Kaam N Aavai ||

नरू मरै नरु कामि न आवै ॥

When a man dies, he is of no use to anyone.

2 ਗੋਂਡ (ਭ. ਕਬੀਰ) ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ : ਅੰਗ ੮੭੦ ਪੰ. ੫
Raag Gond Bhagat Kabir Ang:870 Line: 5

ਪਸੂ ਮਰੈ ਦਸ ਕਾਜ ਸਵਾਰੈ ॥੧॥

Pasoo Marai Dhas Kaaj Savaarai ||1||

पसू मरै दस काज सवारै ॥१॥

But when an animal dies, it is used in ten ways. ||1||

3 ਗੋਂਡ (ਭ. ਕਬੀਰ) ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ : ਅੰਗ ੮੭੦ ਪੰ. ੫

Guru Ka Singh is defined in the Sikh Rehat Maryada, the above lines from Gurbani should answer your questions. Also this thread is about consumption. Do you eat a tabla? Do you eat shoes? Do you eat belts? etc... please stick to the topic and provide a Shabad that tells us to consume a dead carcass.

ਨਰੂ ਮਰੈ ਨਰੁ ਕਾਮਿ ਨ ਆਵੈ ॥

Naroo Marai Nar Kaam N Aavai ||

नरू मरै नरु कामि न आवै ॥

When a man dies, he is of no use to anyone.

2 ਗੋਂਡ (ਭ. ਕਬੀਰ) ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ : ਅੰਗ ੮੭੦ ਪੰ. ੫

Share on facebookShare on twitterShare on emailMore Sharing ServicesShare

ਪਸੂ ਮਰੈ ਦਸ ਕਾਜ ਸਵਾਰੈ ॥੧॥

Pasoo Marai Dhas Kaaj Savaarai ||1||

पसू मरै दस काज सवारै ॥१॥

But when an animal dies, it is used in ten ways. ||1||

3 ਗੋਂਡ (ਭ. ਕਬੀਰ) ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ : ਅੰਗ ੮੭੦ ਪੰ. ੫

Guru Ka Singh is defined in the Sikh Rehat Maryada, the above lines from Gurbani should answer your questions. Also this thread is about consumption. Do you eat a tabla? Do you eat shoes? Do you eat belts? etc... please stick to the topic and provide a Shabad that tells us to consume a dead carcass.

WJKK WJKF

Thanks for the uploads of gurbani, so beautiful!

Veer ji, in your opinion, should we then as Sikhs wait for a animal to die a natural death for us to be able to use its carcass for by products?

WJKK WJKF

WJKK WJKF

Thanks for the uploads of gurbani, so beautiful!

Veer ji, in your opinion, should we then as Sikhs wait for a animal to die a natural death for us to be able to use its carcass for by products?

WJKK WJKF

WJKK WJKF, I presume that is how the carcass of animals would have been used previous times. Now with industrialisation it is unlikely. In my opinion it would probably be better to be as ethical as we can, but sometimes it is not possible. Maybe try to use synthetics where possible, but that is another topic. This is regarding animal consumption. Gurbani mentions the use of dairy products, but I can't find a shabad telling us to consume animals. Please can someone provide such a shabad.