WHAT DO YOU EAT!?!?!

What do you eat from the following choices?  

176 members have voted

1. 1. What do you eat from the following choices?

• I am a strict vegetarian
    • I still eat Meat, but trying to quit
    • I eat Meat and i love it
    • I only eat EGGS and or FISH
    • I only eat GELATIN/RENNET (animal fat in food products)

For me its about choice and ethics. I became veggie after a 'eureka' moment on a survival course. I could catch, skin, gut and eat animals for food and/or live off vegetation. I couldn't actually come to killing a sentient animal just so that I could eat, when there was a choice, I made a decision to live off the vegetation (of course if there was no vegetation then I would have to face that question).

When I got back to civilisation, meat just seemed unnecessary in a world of plenty.

Besides the sikhi aspect of eating animals, I think the 'you are what you eat' argument is important. Would Guru Ji approve of the way animals are treated so that we can get our food today? This relates to both meat and things like milk. If you look at the way farming works today most people would question what they ate.

The worst example I've seen is in the Panjab, with milk from the local village producer. I had a look around and they were injecting drug after drug into their livestock, there was no method to it, they just thought more medicine/drugs = better yields/livestock. Of course all this junk ends up where? in the milk we had delivered and drank.

Today it shouldn't just be about 'what' you eat but 'where' it came from and 'how' it was produced.

For me its about choice and ethics. I became veggie after a 'eureka' moment on a survival course. I could catch, skin, gut and eat animals for food and/or live off vegetation. I couldn't actually come to killing a sentient animal just so that I could eat, when there was a choice, I made a decision to live off the vegetation (of course if there was no vegetation then I would have to face that question).

When I got back to civilisation, meat just seemed unnecessary in a world of plenty.

Besides the sikhi aspect of eating animals, I think the 'you are what you eat' argument is important. Would Guru Ji approve of the way animals are treated so that we can get our food today? This relates to both meat and things like milk. If you look at the way farming works today most people would question what they ate.

The worst example I've seen is in the Panjab, with milk from the local village producer. I had a look around and they were injecting drug after drug into their livestock, there was no method to it, they just thought more medicine/drugs = better yields/livestock. Of course all this junk ends up where? in the milk we had delivered and drank.

Today it shouldn't just be about 'what' you eat but 'where' it came from and 'how' it was produced.

Guru Har Rai cried when he killed a flower, so we should ackwoledge we will kill little creatures but we should have Daya and not be massive on purposely doing something wrong.

• 2 weeks later...

Plant grows back. And when u <banned word filter activated> the seeds grow with natural fertilizer!

Milk is not good it's for calfs (baby animals)

Fish is not green vegetable

Animal are gods children too. White black brown man woman cow and maaj feel pain.

Egg is future (kill egg no life)Seed

Be human and protect those who have no voice