Best Job On The Planet

let's take this post another way...

imagine you were that rickshaw puller. how would you feel.

i would most likely be like this:

man my life sucks. satguru has done nothing for me. i pull a rickshaw all day and make nothing. not even enough to get some nice clothes at a mall. no girl is going to marry me, if i keep this job, well not a good looking one. even if she is good looking, she'll probably have some kind of disorder and nobody elese is willing to marry her. and some people want a free ride, man, how am i supposed to feed myself and my family?

how come some people have all the money, and a poor fool like me gets nothing. why has God given me soo much suffereing. I'm starting to doubt sikhi. is it really worth it? if God is merciful, why am I suffering? what's the point of kesh? i do my nitnem, do paath, etc, but nothing is working......

I'm leaving sikhi. i've cut my hair and i feel good now. people are respecting me. just the other day, a girl noticed me while she was sitting on my rickshaw. no girl ever looked at me before while i was pulling the rickshaw. i feel more confident now.

my point is...that our lives are all relative. we can look at our lives from one angle and see nothing but akaal purakh's daya. and from another perspective all we can see is dukh.

so far on my journey in sikhi, it is our mind that creates an illusion of dukh and sukh. it is gurbaani which helps us to see this illusion for what it really is.

gurbaani makes us question our understaning of dukh and sukh, izzat and honor.

so we are all amazed at thsi gursikhs's lifestyle, but how many of us would be content pulling a rickshaw, i for one wouldn't be.

so i guess the task is not to be merely amazed, but to be that gursikh.

and man that is a mission, but this gursikh proves it isn't "mission impossible."

peace.

Veer, if u ever meet some churrail or pret aatma, do send her over to me. I want to know some things from them. I have never had fear of pret aatmaas in my life. During my manmukhi days, we friends used to booze at a secret thekka in chandigarh and in the night drive to a very lonely farmhouse up-hills which was known to have some shaitaani saya. I used to shout for some pret aatmaa to attack me, but the prets never did it, two of my friends did have some ajeeb experiences there after which they stopped going there.uufffffff that place was truly haunted.
Thats coz the booze makes one do things they wouldn't when they are in their senses :p
let's take this post another way...

imagine you were that rickshaw puller. how would you feel.

i would most likely be like this:

man my life sucks. satguru has done nothing for me. i pull a rickshaw all day and make nothing. not even enough to get some nice clothes at a mall. no girl is going to marry me, if i keep this job, well not a good looking one. even if she is good looking, she'll probably have some kind of disorder and nobody elese is willing to marry her. and some people want a free ride, man, how am i supposed to feed myself and my family?

how come some people have all the money, and a poor fool like me gets nothing. why has God given me soo much suffereing. I'm starting to doubt sikhi. is it really worth it? if God is merciful, why am I suffering? what's the point of kesh? i do my nitnem, do paath, etc, but nothing is working......

I'm leaving sikhi. i've cut my hair and i feel good now. people are respecting me. just the other day, a girl noticed me while she was sitting on my rickshaw. no girl ever looked at me before while i was pulling the rickshaw. i feel more confident now.

my point is...that our lives are all relative. we can look at our lives from one angle and see nothing but akaal purakh's daya. and from another perspective all we can see is dukh.

so far on my journey in sikhi, it is our mind that creates an illusion of dukh and sukh. it is gurbaani which helps us to see this illusion for what it really is.

gurbaani makes us question our understaning of dukh and sukh, izzat and honor.

so we are all amazed at thsi gursikhs's lifestyle, but how many of us would be content pulling a rickshaw, i for one wouldn't be.

so i guess the task is not to be merely amazed, but to be that gursikh.

and man that is a mission, but this gursikh proves it isn't "mission impossible."

peace.

As usual, fantastic post :BOW:

• 11 years later...
On 8/8/2008 at 12:10 PM, xHarinder_singh said:

Couple of days back, I visited an itihaasak Guru Ghar and took a rickshaw after dropping out of the bus. The veer pulling the rickshaw was an amritdhari. When I tried to give him money, he refused and said that he doesnt take money from fellow amritdharis. He said he pulls rickshaw about 8 hours a day, it keeps his body in good health, while driving rickshaw, he keeps on singing gurbani and japping Naam, he gets the chance to do seva of Guru ke sangat everyday who sit on his rickshaw and make his rickshaw pavitarr(pure).

He starts his job at 7 am after doing his nitnem, takes 2 hours rest in the afternoon and at sharp 5 pm, calls it a day( irrespective of the amount of money he earned) and goes to Gurdwara Sahib to listen to Kirtan.

I feel this veer's job is the best job on the planet. It is also the most clean(suchi) job as he does "dassan nauhan di kirat" in reality. I feel this veer shud be the role model of sikh youth. He in reality is practicing naam jappna, kirat karni, seva karni, santokh rakhna.

sad news. This Singh is no more.

He did Akaal chalana 50 days back.

On 8/8/2008 at 12:10 PM, xHarinder_singh said:

Couple of days back, I visited an itihaasak Guru Ghar and took a rickshaw after dropping out of the bus. The veer pulling the rickshaw was an amritdhari. When I tried to give him money, he refused and said that he doesnt take money from fellow amritdharis. He said he pulls rickshaw about 8 hours a day, it keeps his body in good health, while driving rickshaw, he keeps on singing gurbani and japping Naam, he gets the chance to do seva of Guru ke sangat everyday who sit on his rickshaw and make his rickshaw pavitarr(pure).

He starts his job at 7 am after doing his nitnem, takes 2 hours rest in the afternoon and at sharp 5 pm, calls it a day( irrespective of the amount of money he earned) and goes to Gurdwara Sahib to listen to Kirtan.

I feel this veer's job is the best job on the planet. It is also the most clean(suchi) job as he does "dassan nauhan di kirat" in reality. I feel this veer shud be the role model of sikh youth. He in reality is practicing naam jappna, kirat karni, seva karni, santokh rakhna.

This Singh used to live in raikot city near ludhiana.

I initially thought he died of coronavirus but he died of serious liver problem. He was 53 and had stopped pulling rickshaw an year back.

On 8/8/2008 at 7:40 AM, xHarinder_singh said:

I know a guy who makes a lot of money who’s in samadhi continuously. Doesn’t matter what you do