Russia Vs Georgia: Could It Be Trigger For A Global War?

cool water

Seeing the geo-political games the united states, european union and russian federation are playing. Could we see a global war break out over russia vs georgia war, which was provoked by georgia. I believe georgia is acting as proxy agent on behalf of America to provoke russia into a massive reponse by conducting attackings on its rebel pro russian regions. The hypocrisy of western media and govt is breath taking, i was seeing russian tv online today and it shows 90% of rebel region is pro-russian its like same situation that Nato did to serbia to "liberate" kosovo from seribian / russian rule and influence.

The american strategist neo-con's and their financial funders the likes of rothchilds,etc are playing a dangerous game.

interesting

I dont think that Russia and Georgia will be the only spark in setting off a huge war. Iactually only heard about that now, but that shows how widespread and clever American nakhre are. A major will definitely by in the middle east, with israel and iran

you view seems one sided ?like a hot potch of anti amercian sentiment ,conspiracy theory ,complete trust in the goverment controlled russian tv,and blame on georgia for provocation .

in truth if you study this conflict indepth from various angles ,you will find its a political dilemna rooted in the past history between russia and georgia and the suspicion and dislike between the two ,finding xpression in the conflict over loyalties in the south ossetion region .its a conflict involving 2 nations and the region and people of south ossetion .

the solution to this conflict is not in what you suggested i.e blaming georgia or the USA or russia .the solution lies not in fighting too .the real solution lies in russia and the west teaming together to find a political solution in the interests of both south ossetian and georgia .this will involve compromise ,delicate negotiation and mutual acceptance of each others interests .the bluff of any countrye.g russia using this conflict to expand their own borders and weaken the sovereignity of georgia or misplace the loyalties of the south ossetan ppl should be called too so there is transparency in understanding the causes of this conflict .likewise this conflict involves an honest appraisal of south issetan whether its traditionally a part of russia ,georgia or independent .there is a danger that the loyalities of the south issetan ppl has been tempered with for the selfish long term interests of its big neighbours .sometimes the neighbour you hate can be your better saviour than the devil that disguises itself as your friend .

i do respect NATO for striving to put an end to the fighting and mediate a political settlement .likewise its time for russia to step into its elder statesman role and talk and act more as a mediatory between georgia and south issetan rather than get involved in fighting and demonising georgia like a kid in the local street gangfight .this will help to create an impression too of russia as being sincere to solve this conflict and not create suspicions of its motives .

at the end of the day it is all about what is safest for the ppl of south issetan in the long term and what can bring progress ,stability ,democracy ,self esteem and self determination to the ppls and region of south issetan without being manipulated and used as a means to an end for the realisation of the self interests of its bigger neighbours .

I ain't an expert but I think that the Caspian Sea (third largest oil reserve in the world) and a key oil pipeline running through Georgia is playing a factor in this. Just read the following article:

Georgia's oil pipeline is key to U.S. support

There is more than meets the eye to the frantic U.S. efforts Friday to talk Russia and American ally Georgia out of war over an obscure mountain tract most Americans have never heard of.

A look at the map and your gas credit card bill shows why.

The breakaway province of South Ossetia is claimed by Georgia, a former Soviet republic that cast its lot with the United States and the West to the eternal irritation of Moscow. But South Ossetia has resisted Georgia's rule and has been under Russia's sway for years.

Georgia sits in a tough neighborhood, shoulder to shoulder with huge Russia, not far from Iran, and astride one of the most important crossroads for the emerging wealth of the rich Caspian Sea region. A U.S.-backed oil pipeline runs through Georgia, allowing the West to reduce its reliance on Middle Eastern oil while bypassing Russia and Iran.

The dispute makes the Bush administration the middleman between a promising ally it wants to help and the powerful former adversary next door whose help it needs.

Washington praises democratic development in Georgia, delights in its contribution of combat troops for Iraq and acknowledges valuable intelligence and counterterrorism cooperation.

Moscow's cooperation is vital to numerous Washington aims in Iran, North Korea and elsewhere.

"For all those reasons, and the fact that Georgia has demonstrated that it is a close ally, we cannot simply sit by and say, 'So be it - what does South Ossetia mean to us?' " said Janusz Bugajski, director of the new European democracies project at the Center for Strategic and International Studies. "Georgia as a whole means quite a lot."

The pipeline that crosses Georgia can pump slightly more than 1 million barrels of crude oil per day, or more than 1 percent of the world's daily crude output. The 1,100-mile pipeline carries oil from Azerbaijan's Caspian Sea fields, estimated to hold the world's third-largest reserves. Its potential vulnerability was already in the spotlight after it was sabotaged this week, apparently by Kurdish separatists.

Most of the oil is bound for Western Europe, where gas prices are even higher than the $4 and more a gallon that U.S. consumers are now paying. With only so much oil to go around, what the pipeline carries affects prices elsewhere. The United States also hopes it will be a model for other development projects that could have a more direct effect on the U.S. market.

Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice was on the phone Friday morning, appealing for calm in South Ossetia, a patch of craggy farmland that is home to about 70,000 people - fewer than live in Youngstown, Ohio. In a statement later, she reiterated U.S. commitment to Georgia's "territorial integrity."

President Bush discussed the violence with Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin in Beijing, while the presumptive Democratic and Republican candidates to replace Bush issued worried statements. Tanks rolled as Bush spoke.

South Ossetia is one of the few places where ethnic, nationalist and other complications mean that the Cold War didn't die. U.S diplomats refer to these neighborhood squabbles as "frozen conflicts," a euphemism that belies the long-recognized threat that seemingly petty disputes can easily provoke a wider war.

The United States, European nations and others raced Friday to keep the conflict from spreading. The State Department appealed for a cease-fire and prepared to send a mediator to the region.

"We are asking our friends, and the United States among them, to somehow to try to mediate and try to persuade Russia to stop this military aggression and invasion of Georgia," said Vasil Sikharulidze, Georgia's ambassador to Washington.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?.../MNDG127U55.DTL

Well. If there is to be global conflicts. I suggest Sikhs stay out of them unless totally unavoidable. Last thing we need is a further decrease in numbers.

Let people fight their own wars, we have enough on our own thali.

I tell you these "gorment" goray are pagal warmongering <banned word filter activated>.

Batch ke rayho.

Seeing the geo-political games the united states, european union and russian federation are playing. Could we see a global war break out over russia vs georgia war, which was provoked by georgia. I believe georgia is acting as proxy agent on behalf of America to provoke russia into a massive reponse by conducting attackings on its rebel pro russian regions. The hypocrisy of western media and govt is breath taking, i was seeing russian tv online today and it shows 90% of rebel region is pro-russian its like same situation that Nato did to serbia to "liberate" kosovo from seribian / russian rule and influence.

The american strategist neo-con's and their financial funders the likes of rothchilds,etc are playing a dangerous game.

no

Russia's clash with the former Soviet republic of Georgia is a move to control the Baku-Tbilisi-Ceyhan oil pipeline. ITS ALL ABOUT OIL. PEAK OIL. This world is on the verge of the BIGGEST CATASTROPHE OF HUMAN HISTORY. People might call me mad, but the end of the world as we know it is very near. This civilization is about to end and then THERE WILL BE KHALSA RAJ. TRUST ME.

We people are so busy in our lives and our daily life moves so quick, that we dont realize that all this "science", "internet", "technology", "green revolution" are nuthing but MAYA. They are nuthing but OIL.

In the future(next 5-7 years or even early than that), its going to be china, russia,islam versus uk, usa, india, and india is going to be COMPLETELY PLUNDERED.There will be so many deaths that one wont see the the roads.