Is Yoga Part Of Sikhi?

Kumi2

Recently quite a few Gurdwara Sahib are promotin yoga.

There is one question that has been buging me for a while.

Is yoga part of Sikhi?

Please help me.

does it really matter?

if something keeps you mentally and physically healthy, it should be promoted......

Recently quite a few Gurdwara Sahib are promotin yoga.

There is one question that has been buging me for a while.

Is yoga part of Sikhi?

Please help me.

does it really matter?

if something keeps you mentally and physically healthy, it should be promoted......

Saying that there are practices of Yoga that may not be accepted in Sikhi, highlighted in bold:

Yoga slows down the aging process, by giving elasticity to the muscles, toning the ligaments and tendons, reducing fat, giving a youthful glow to the skin and by contributing to the peace of mind.

Taken from here

Do you think its going against Akaal Purkhs hukam?

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa ,

Waheguru Ji Ki fateh.

Hello dear friend. I am not here today to cause confusion and complication , but to rather try and depict a simple message across , in answer to your question.

Many forms of yoga, though at the begginging are for the mind and body which is good. they teach you samadhi and the 7 centres of the chakra system. Each chakra has its own wheel , which by overcoming specific blockages in our manmukh personalities, start to rotate and gather energy . The point of the prana in the exersizes ( the breath control ) is that which controlled concentration on one point ( like 3rd eye or tip of nose etc) and the breath control, one start to begin a state which causes desires to decrease for the period of time one goes into meditation. There are many forms of yoga , but other forms can be for improvement of phsyical through breath control and stretching . However,the main point to be emphasized is the breath control. However, in tav prasad swaiye, guru gobind singh ji maharaj explaines that what is the point in sitting with your eyes closed focusing on breath and specific points. For the period of time you do it, you will feel liberated, but this will not help to make you aware 24/7. The 5 sins will surely decrease at the time you do yoga ( make you feel better ) , but after, they will attack once again. Guru ji gave us the gur mantar and the mool mantar. Also, the gurbani and now we have guru granth sahib ji maharaj. Through understaning and paying close attension to the messages given in them, you will be doing the true yoga, but what will happen is , you will shut off the 5 sins through the perfect teachings. Once this happens, guru nanak dev ji explains that one then enters saram khand and developes in spirituality, '' nanak bhagta sada vigas''. The depth can go on and on, so i wont take up too much time of yours. However, in yoga, the main goal is reaching shiv ji when your samadhi pierces through your crown. They then believe this is enlightment. However, guru ji said, enlightment does not comes like this. It comes by shutting all the panj doots down. By then, even all a persons worries about the physical diminish and close attension to bani teaches you to sow the seed of the knowledge into your system. By living the teachings, you even learn how to trully meditate. The only thing you need to know is to sit with the spine straight as this prevents one from getting drowsy and falling asleep. Then do your bani/gur or mool mantar in the mind ( not followed by any breath pattern) and focus on the messages in this. This makes u meditate in your surat ( consciousness ). The final stage is when you get so attuned to gods beauty and love and naam, that it happens automatically, and by then , you become supreme, filled in the red dye of the lords love. The guru ji is pervading the body and a person runs on gods light. Then dasam duaar can be even thought about. Im not going to discuss that because i am a nobody to discuss that. The 3rd eye and breath control can lead a person astray as spirituallity can progress a million times more from that point. Until then we still have fear which is stemmed from ego, which in turn is one of the 5 thieves.

So in return to your question, do yoga if you want, but why not learn the art of true yoga. Confide in guru ji, guru's light will give u all answers with time. Usually i dont write on this forum. I just read the messages that people have written now and then. However, when i saw your question, i wanted to help you as you sounded as though u may need genuine guidance ( which is only through the kirpa of guru ji and not me ).

So i hope this helped you.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa,

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.