Sudh Santheya ( Bishrams , Yokian )

wjkk wjkf,,,

if u do santheya of gurbani

then check this.. it wil help u... where to use Bishrams and yokian

STEP BY STEP :

1. GO TO WWW.SRIGRANTH.ORG

2. ON LEFT SIDE CLICK ON " READ PAGE BY PAGE "

3. NOW YOU SEE FIRST ANG OF SGGSJ.

4. LOOK AT THE TOP OF PAGE , YOU SEE THE OPTIONS.

5. CHANGE THE OPTIONS TO....

Gurmukhi : Bhai Baljinder Singh

Hindi : None

Roman : None

English : None

Punjabi : None

Teeka : None

... so when u change the options... u will see ( , ; ) in gurbani.

these r bishrams and yokian..

it wil help u.. where to stop while u read gurbani ...

( , ) this is yonki ( stop just little bit )

( ; ) this is bishrams ( full stop )

while we read gurbani .. we must know where is gona be bishrams and yokian

it wil help us to understand the meaning of wht we r reading..

without bishrams and yokian.. it wil be hard to understand the meanings.. or the meaning mite can be wrong.

PHUL CHOK MAFF KARNI....

• 1 year later...
... so when u change the options... u will see ( , ; ) in gurbani.

these r bishrams and yokian..

Is this to make it easier for people that read larivaar birs etc/???? (I need a santhiya teacher :) ) I see many different people reading differently some speak invisible letters some make other sounds etc

imo you should try to make all sounds.

first thing to learn is from 'baal updesh' learn pronounciation of painti akhar. Then learn 'muhaarni' off by heart - all the sounds. not too difficult once you learn the first few lines.

then use that to read gurbani as well for example:

Ik ooo-unkaar; (ooo as in how we say or in england silent r - just for the sound)

sat(i)naam(u); (i) = siharee (u) = aunkarr (check muharni, thathe siharee, m aunkarr)

kurtaa, purkh(u); (u) = aunkarr (so go back to muhaarni to see how you pronounce khakhe nu aunkarr, and use the same sound)

nirbhao(aunkarr); nirvair(u);

akaal, moorat(i);

ujoonee; (not aaajooni, airra mukta. u as in 'up')

saibhan(g); (don't close the g, just a tippi) so let the sound die before moving on, otherwise it sounds like you say the g on each.

gurprasaad(i);

jup(u);

aad(i) such(u), jugaad(i) such(u), hai bhee (don't say those two together, separate) such(u);

naanuk, hossi bhee such(u).

sochai, soch(i) na (not naaa, just mukta na) hov-ee (not hovee, that's bihari on vava. so should sound like ho-vu-ee. check three shounds in muhaarni); je sochee lukh vaar...

JAP(U) JI SAHIB HAS NO BINDIAN AT ALL

so it's not sat(i)naa(n)m(u) - you know how it's often v.easy to use a bindi. but think about it and say sat(i)naam(u) without bindi through your nose, and many other places.

and so on lol ;) but applies everywhere like in jaap(u) sahib:

numastast(u) devai - aunkarr there

So yeah, that site is good for vishraams haven't checked them all lol but i'd assume it's same as like gurbaani path durpan ;)

For the sounds of each akhar and it's 'laga - matran', use baal updesh for basics - and gurbani path durpan for some of the more difficult sounds.

Even Taksal has many different ways of recitation.

I think Im going to start only saying what is written.

................ਸੈਭੰ ਗੁਰ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ People add a "G" to Saibhan(N) It isnt even a "g" nasal sound. It is a "N" nasal sound, and then some people swear up and down the G is connected or then it would be "Ur Prasad" and not "GUR Prasad". There is a huge difference to making a "G nasal" and making a "N nasal" sound

Then some people are taught to add and 'n' to Maagey at the end of Sohila Paat. (antharajaamee purakh bidhhaathae saradhhaa man kee poorae. naanak dhaas eihai sukh ਮਾਗੈ mo ko kar santhan kee dhhoorae.) I can not see the "n" sound and some add it saying it only makes the word make sense by adding the "n". ਮਾਗ= to beg/ask some say it only means to ask/beg if you add the 'n", so are they saying Guru Sahib "accidently forgot to add the n"? :6

These are just two simple ways of differences and that is why I feel its best just to read everything the way it is written. I do feel it is important to have someone teach you Santhiya but then again the person you pick to teach you , their rules must be followed, so choosing someone who agrees with your points on recitation is the best thing. (Ive done alot of research about the original print in manuscripts of Gurubani etc)

What rules do you go by, taksal 1, 2, 3 or which basis of recitation do you go by other than Taksal etc?????? Some act as if Taksal is the only institution that pronounces correct and others dont but Taksal has different ways itself etc.

VAHEGURU

i guess it is

Even Taksal has many different ways of recitation.

I think Im going to start only saying what is written.

................ਸੈਭੰ ਗੁਰ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ People add a "G" to Saibhan(N) It isnt even a "g" nasal sound. It is a "N" nasal sound, and then some people swear up and down the G is connected or then it would be "Ur Prasad" and not "GUR Prasad". There is a huge difference to making a "G nasal" and making a "N nasal" sound

Then some people are taught to add and 'n' to Maagey at the end of Sohila Paat. (antharajaamee purakh bidhhaathae saradhhaa man kee poorae. naanak dhaas eihai sukh ਮਾਗੈ mo ko kar santhan kee dhhoorae.) I can not see the "n" sound and some add it saying it only makes the word make sense by adding the "n". ਮਾਗ= to beg/ask some say it only means to ask/beg if you add the 'n", so are they saying Guru Sahib "accidently forgot to add the n"? :6

These are just two simple ways of differences and that is why I feel its best just to read everything the way it is written. I do feel it is important to have someone teach you Santhiya but then again the person you pick to teach you , their rules must be followed, so choosing someone who agrees with your points on recitation is the best thing. (Ive done alot of research about the original print in manuscripts of Gurubani etc)

What rules do you go by, taksal 1, 2, 3 or which basis of recitation do you go by other than Taksal etc?????? Some act as if Taksal is the only institution that pronounces correct and others dont but Taksal has different ways itself etc.

VAHEGURU

I've had santhia from taksaal, and that is the principle, that you should read it as it's written. BUT at some points people like put a bindi on or whatever, the giani's i learned from just say teach but don't fight them as long as it doesn't drastically change the arth let them carry on if they don't want to change, and hopefully they will do ardaas for bhul chuk afterwards

and they say the same about mool mantra, if someone just wants to carry on arguing, just say to them ok you do it up to where you want, all i'm saying is it's better to practice more gurbaani anyway.

as in my previous post i tried to give an idea of pronouciations, like you said about ਸੈਭੰ and saying the sihaari at the end of gur prasaad(i) etc.

But try it tonight or tommorow, jap(u) ji sahib is ok for me now, but someone trying to do it that way will be very hard. anand sahib isn't entirely easy for me yet to memorise, because taksaal will teach you but it's up to you to go deeper. old school taksaali's will teach the main things about 'haha' and sihaariean etc. but now each lagan matra is beginning to be taught and pronounced.

basically if you start saying all of them it's much easier to memorise that way, but if you start by saying gurprasaad instead of gurprasaad(i), it's harder to change. moonh charr janda

so practice reading and saying all laga-matran and then the new way will become more fluent and natural.

get ustaad from taksal i guess, but best to go and stay somewhere over the summer.