Has Guru Gobind Singh Ji Said This?

guptveer1469

Chidian De Naal Baaz Larava, Tabhe Gobind Singh Naam Kahava.

Only when i make birds fight hawks, will I call myself Gobind Singh.

I just heard this from someone... Is it true Guru Ji said this and not the famous Sava Lakh Se Ek..., or did Guru ji say both...

And if so, in which puratan scripture can i find that Sava Lakh Se Ek... and eventually also Chidian de naal... was said by Guru ji (I dont dare to doubt it, but just for my knowledge...)

Chidian De Naal Baaz Larava, Tabhe Gobind Singh Naam Kahava.

Only when i make birds fight hawks, will I call myself Gobind Singh.

I just heard this from someone... Is it true Guru Ji said this and not the famous Sava Lakh Se Ek..., or did Guru ji say both...

And if so, in which puratan scripture can i find that Sava Lakh Se Ek... and eventually also Chidian de naal... was said by Guru ji (I dont dare to doubt it, but just for my knowledge...)

As far as I know both phrases were passed down by voice not scriptures..

as well as shabads like "Mero Nao Guru Gobind Singh Sodhi Rai"

ਭੇੜੋਂ ਕੋ ਮੈਂ ਸ਼ੇਰ ਬਨਾਊਂ, ਰਾਜਨ ਕੇ ਸੰਗ ਰੰਕ ਲੜਾਊਂ

Bhairon Ko Mai Shair Banaoun, Raajan Kay Sung Runk Laraoun

I will turn Jackals into Lions, I will make the servants fight the Kings

ਭੂਪ ਗਰੀਬਨ ਕੋ ਕਹਲਾਊਂ, ਚਿੜੀਉਂ ਸੇ ਮੈਂ ਬਾਜ ਤੜਾਊਂ

Bhoop Gareeban Ko Kehlaoun, Chirrion Say Mai Baaj Taraoun

I will turn poor into Rich, I will make sparrows break falcons

ਸਵਾ ਲਾਖ ਸੇ ਏਕ ਲੜਾਊਂ, ਤਬੈ ਗੋਬਿੰਦ ਸਿੰਘ ਨਾਮ ਕਹਾਊਂ॥

Savah Laakh Say Aik Laraoun, Tabai Gobind Singh Naam Kahaoun

I will make 1 fight 125000, then my name shall be Gobind Singh.

I think this is from Bhai Nand Lal's work. It is attributed to Guru Gobind Singh Ji.

he said.

I will make 1 fight a legion, only then shall i be worthy of the name Gobind Singh.

I will make the Sparrow hunt the hawk.

The sparrow is the far smaller in number sikhs. and the hawk is the huge mughal unjust rulers. Unlike in the wild where the hawk hunts the sparrow, guru turned this on its head and said "I will make the sparrow hunt the hawk", thus turning the tables on the mughal rule and defeating them.

Guru made each sikh fight sava lakh, and proved himself worthy of the name Gobind singh. Also the mughal rule was uprooted just like Guru had said it would be.

as well as shabads like "Mero Nao Guru Gobind Singh Sodhi Rai"

Pyare gursikh khalsa veerji, ki main nacheez ik gal puch sakan di himakat kar sakda haan? Je tuhanu bura na lage te mere shabd kaure naa lagan te kirpa karke tusi mere te meher karke, meri mand buddi vich is gal da matlab paoge ke guru sahib ne eh ki bhana vartaya si.

jai cheej nahi patta ohnu puchan da ek tarika hunda ... ke nahi ???

:rolleyes:

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• Topics

• yeh it's true, we shouldn't be lazy and need to learn jhatka shikaar. It doesn't help some of grew up in surrounding areas like Slough and Southall where everyone thought it was super bad for amrit dharis to eat meat, and they were following Sant babas and jathas, and instead the Singhs should have been normalising jhatka just like the recent world war soldiers did. We are trying to rectifiy this and khalsa should learn jhatka.  But I am just writing about bhog for those that are still learning rehit. As I explained, there are all these negative influences in the panth that talk against rehit, but this shouldn't deter us from taking khanda pahul, no matter what level of rehit we are!
    • How is it going to help? The link is of a Sikh hunter. Fine, but what good does that do the lazy Sikh who ate khulla maas in a restaurant? By the way, for the OP, yes, it's against rehit to eat khulla maas.
    • Yeah, Sikhs should do bhog of food they eat. But the point of bhog is to only do bhog of food which is fit to be presented to Maharaj. It's not maryada to do bhog of khulla maas and pretend it's OK to eat. It's not. Come on, bro, you should know better than to bring this Sakhi into it. Is this Sikh in the restaurant accompanied by Guru Gobind Singh ji? Is he fighting a dharam yudh? Or is he merely filling his belly with the nearest restaurant?  Please don't make a mockery of our puratan Singhs' sacrifices by comparing them to lazy Sikhs who eat khulla maas.
    • Seriously?? The Dhadi is trying to be cute. For those who didn't get it, he said: "Some say Maharaj killed bakras (goats). Some say he cut the heads of the Panj Piyaras. The truth is that they weren't goats. It was she-goats (ਬਕਰੀਆਂ). He jhatka'd she-goats. Not he-goats." Wow. This is possibly the stupidest thing I've ever heard in relation to Sikhi.
    • Instead of a 9 inch or larger kirpan, take a smaller kirpan and put it (without gatra) inside your smaller turban and tie the turban tightly. This keeps a kirpan on your person without interfering with the massage or alarming the masseuse. I'm not talking about a trinket but rather an actual small kirpan that fits in a sheath (you'll have to search to find one). As for ahem, "problems", you could get a male masseuse. I don't know where you are, but in most places there are professional masseuses who actually know what they are doing and can really relieve your muscle pains.

Important Information

Terms of Use