Dumalla

a thhaan is the roll of kapra

usually when u go to the kapra shop, they'll ask u wht color and kapra and will show u the roll and take the length

so ask them to cut 10 yards or however much you want

when you get home, rip it in half length wise, and u'll have 2 10 meter dastars!

u should smile ... it was like u were forced to make the video on gun point !!!

very gud dummala ... but just a suggestion .. wait .. i think u have cut ur turban cloth length wise to ...

• 8 months later...
a thhaan is the roll of kapra

usually when u go to the kapra shop, they'll ask u wht color and kapra and will show u the roll and take the length

so ask them to cut 10 yards or however much you want

when you get home, rip it in half length wise, and u'll have 2 10 meter dastars!

Singhs in the Dal only use full length to tie their dumaala, they wont cut the material in half. I was once told off for this by Singhs who are well respected in the Dal.

• 1 year later...

singhstah, ur technically not supposed to knot it, because that creates a farla

and to my knowlegde, ur not a farladhari akali, so u wud have to cover the farla, which is major beadbi

until then, just coil it

((((([): D

and i heard if you have a farla when your not suppose to have 1 and if a akali nihang singh sees you, they make you carry a 2200kg chain over ur shoulders for a punishment.(heaerd it from some singh from taksal)

• 4 weeks later...

I think I saw you performing gatka at Holla Mahola at the Riverside Gurdwara, I participated as well. Was on the Fresno team lol.

Nice damalla man, I just recently went to Punjab and didn't know how long the material was supposed to be so I got two that are around 2 meters each :(.