Sant Mani Singh Leaves This Earth To Be One With The Creator

Inderjit S

The first Sant to be born in the UK left this earth to merge with the one creator on 13th August 2008 in California, USA. Sant Mani Singh's body has been flown back to England for his funeral, which is to be held on Saturday 30th August 2008 at Akal Bunga, 15 Silverton Road, Smethwick. The Sikh Congregation will have the opportunity to pay their last respects from 6.30am before the congregation depart for West Bromwich Crematorium at 9am.

Sant Mani Singh was named Resham Singh at birth at St Chads Hospital Birmingham on 4th November 1970 at approximately 1am. He was raised and bred in Smethwick, West Midlands until he graduated from Secondary High School. Between his childhood and teenage years he remained unattached from materialistic objects just as a lotus blossom remains untouched by the water. He was to join the British Royal Marines, but had no idea what royalty awaited his existence. Whilst throwing away the career of the Royal Marines and serving the country, he instead decided to serve the whole of humanity.

Following enlightenment Sant Mani Singh stayed in deep meditation from 25th December 1990 to 13th April 1991 at the invitation of Guru Nanak Nishkam Sevak Jatha, Soho Road, Handsworth. In absolute deep meditation, he was drunk with the divine. During this period no thirst or hunger disturbed him, a great ecstasy took over him.

A question was asked at the time, what was the significance of this mediation? He smiled and said "I must have lost my consciousness, so drunk, so drowned. I must have been so drunk in the beatitude of realization that I must have forgot the wide world."

On 15th April 1991 he came into the congregation at Guru Nanak Nishkam Sevak Jatha when Bhai Sahib Bhai Nurung Singh stated "you are a mirror that reflects so marvelously and as such your name should be Mani Singh rather than Resham Singh."

Sant Mani Singh spent the last ten years researching into the Sikh Scriptures with the desire to write the Sikh Scriptures using twenty four carat gold, which would be placed on the throne at Sri Harimandhar Sahib. Due to the complexity and intricacy of this task it was only this year that the technique for producing the scriptures was perfected. The first four Ang (pages) where shown to the congregated two months ago and the methodology to complete the project was described to their close associates. With the blessings of the Almighty this project will continue to fruition to produce the first ever Sikh Scriptures in gold.

When a Mahapurkh (enlightened soul) leaves the earth he always leaves something behind. Sant Mani Singh has left behind for us all the methodology of how to serve our living Guru, Guru Granth Sahib Ji. This is a unique gift for the Sikh Panth and should be treasured.

post-16920-1219587533_thumb.jpg

post-16920-1219587663_thumb.jpg

post-16920-1219587877_thumb.jpg

Guest G.Kaur

This Shabad is by Bhagat Kabeer Ji in Salok Kabeer Jee on Ang 1365 of Sree Guru Granth Sahib Jee

kbIr sMq mUey ikAw roeIAY jo Apuny igRih jwie ]

kabeer sa(n)th mooeae kiaa roeeai jo apunae grihi jaae ||

Kabeer, why cry at the death of a Saint? He is just going back to his home.

rovhu swkq bwpury ju hwtY hwt ibkwie ]16]

rovahu saakath baapurae j haattai haatt bikaae ||16||

Cry for the wretched, faithless cynic, who is sold from store to store. ||16||

:BOW:

Audio

Sant Mani Singh

http://www.sikhroots.com/audio/index.php?q...Sant+Mani+Singh

On a personal note, i am really saddened to hear of his departure :(

I listen to one particular shabad at night on my playlist... brings back some great memories for me dating back 5 years. I always thought one day when i grow older, i would be able to do his darshan. I guess thats a lesson for me not to take time for granted.

Anyway, if you want to listen to the shabad, just click the link below:

http://www.sikhroots.com/audio/Keertani%20...0Man%20Mera.mp3

I had sangat with baba jee, baba jee were a puuran rehatvaan chardi kalaa mahapurkh, with immense gyaan and vidhiya, Its a great loss to the panth

Enlightenment

A great pain arose in Sant Mani Singh in 1990 that so many years had passed yet

enlightenment had not arrived. He was crippled emotionally, tears were running down

his eyes, he was going crazy from dawn to dusk, the heartache was accelerating just as

the floods of the river in the rainy season flowing with such force. A great pain flooded

his heart with sorrow and agony. In the east they call this phenomenon ‘vairag’. Whilst

describing this moment he said “Sadness has its own qualities. It can give you gifts that

nothing else can; happiness never goes as deep as sadness because only sadness can

take you deeper than anything else. The inner me was screaming I just could not

tolerate it, it was getting to me. It was almost a state of madness.”

He went on to say “The craziness was I didn’t know if I believed. I didn’t know if I

believed The whole phenomenon gave birth to enlightenment. Unexpectedly the

phenomenon came into existence, something or some familiar energy arose that was

pulling me towards the canal, and here near the canal was an embankment of trees,

bushes and brambles. I tried to divert my mind to something else but I didn’t succeed.

The pull was like a magnet it became stronger and stronger. The whole situation was out

of my control, I couldn’t stay any longer and it became impossible! A gentle silence hung

over the bank of the trees, I was thrilled by the place! it was a perfect place. My head

was exploding with great force. I had never experienced this phenomenon before.

Suddenly I lost all consciousness and dropped to the ground.”

About enlightenment he said “Enlightenment has always been sudden, nothing can

really be said about enlightenment. There are no words to describe what is happening.

The experience is far deeper than the words. The word enlightenment comes close to

the experience but the closer comes blissfulness. Then even closer the word ecstasy.

But beyond that there are no words. The experience is far deeper than ecstasy itself.

Nothing can be said about enlightenment because all you know is from the outside.

Enlightenment is from within. Once you are enlightened it is impossible for your

enlightenment to fade. You wouldn’t have to put a veil over your face the way Moses did,

because enlightenment is not achieved and there is no technique that can bring

enlightenment in existence. This is a great opportunity for us to learn. Now we can

understand that Moses wasn’t enlightened. Whatever Moses did was an effort to achieve

and the essence to that is sadness. Paul describes his efforts in the Bible. He goes on

saying ‘Moses has spent forty days in the Mountain of Sinai, but what ever happened it

was temporary.’ For an example his face began to radiate, reflect light, but sadly it was

all temporary. Enlightenment isn’t temporary. Nor is it a dream the way Prophet Isaiah

described. Enlightenment is a stage of awareness. For an example dreams only come

into existence while you’re asleep. There is no possibility of dreams coming into

existence whilst your wide-awake. You can’t be hallucinated because there is an

experience. Dreaming is hallucinating, creating imaginations, and creating imaginations

is a stage of fiction. Enlightenment is beyond hallucination. You will not be hallucinated

the way the Bible records Elijah, the Prophet’s events that he heard still small of God but

saw nothing. Jesus said ‘God is like love’ Why has Jesus said this? Because nothing

can be said about love. The only way to know is to become a lover. But the lover has to

disappear, love can only be known when you love absolutely.”

“From this nightmare coming back into existence my body was so light, light as a

feather. I was loosing gravity. Some energy was elevating me. I can’t elaborate any

more. It was happening I could not prevent it. It was out of my control. I was trying to

avoid it. I had broken through the phenomenal. I was absolutely drunk on the divine, so

drowned, and so drunk, in the beatitude of realization. Divine was flourish. I was

intoxicated with divine. The ecstasy was uncontrollable; I was ruptured into eternal bliss.

Sant Mani Singh had an amazing naïve character and would say “I am a very simple

man. As a matter of fact, very ordinary, capable of making mistakes, don’t have any

qualities of any kind, I have something to be proud of, a ray of light penetrated upon me.”

His honorable beloved Mani Singh, had not just illuminated us on enlightenment but also

talked on various other subjects; which in the age of darkness have been misunderstood

because of our lack of intelligence. Some of these are elaborated upon briefly below.

Love

In San Francisco, California he said “What is love? It is madness, where you loose

consciousness, the greatest drug even that exists on Earth. The only difference is it’s an

inner chemistry. Love is crucifixion. Only love is the light in which life becomes known,

what we call resurrection. Only in love are you truly transformed. In reality you will only

feel life when you are in love. Love opens windows towards the beyond. The love people

talk about is the phenomenon of the mind. The love of the mind is like a dream because

it is from the mind and only the mind can dream and the dream can’t be reality. This love

cannot be eternal. So what is eternal love? When love comes out of mediation, it’s

qualities are different from the ones of the mind. The love of the mind – thee essence of

it is foolishness. You fall in love, the love of meditation, thee essence is wisdom, you rise

in love. Wisdom can’t be attained. You can gather as much knowledge, learn the

scriptures by heart, still there will be no wisdom. Wisdom is that which liberates you. In

this love there is a quality, just as a light surrounds the flame. The quality of love

surrounds you. Whoever comes close, he/she will be enchanted, enriched, and this love

of quality will shower around you. This is the real longing of the heart. Remember, once

a person starts feigning, feigning is a stage of pseudo living. His whole life becomes

false because love is the centre of life. Love is the ultimate purpose of life – the destiny

of life.”

Then he said, “First you have to love yourself. Only then can you radiate and reach to

others. When you are in love, it is illogical. There is no logic, no reason. It’s irrational,

that is why liking has nothing to do with loving, Liking has logic, there are many reasons

as to why you like a person. Generations and generations have misunderstood the word

love. Automatically they start thinking about sex, without them even realizing that sex

has nothing to do with love.”

Then he goes on describing the phenomenon of love. “love is like a spring breeze. It

comes and when it comes it brings a tremendous fragrance, the Odor of Sanctify. It

gives you the feeling that it will remain forever. The feeling is so strong that you cannot

doubt it. This love is divine. Love has always been God expressing himself. Love is the

alchemy, where there is love, ego doesn’t exist. That’s what I always said, love is

spiritual and only love can change lives. Only in love is there reconciliation and a great

transformation. That is why a man of love faces more difficulties. That is the fundamental

fact of life. Where there is no love, life is about to move smoothly.

When asked if one can dissolve with another he replied, “When you burn two lamps in a

room, they meet. The light meets. You can’t divide the first light from the second light.

Still there is a difference. You can bring them close, even then their flames will remain

different. The light will dissolve into each other. You can’t melt into each other. Only your

light can melt in the other – your outer aura.”

God

When asked about God at Orange County, California, sympathetically he replied, “You

can’t say its reality. You certainly can’t say it’s a fiction because something exists. That

something needs to be experimented. Nothing can be said about God. You can study

about God but nothing has been known because all you know is from the outside, what

we would call external. Until you enter from within, the internal can’t be known. By

studying about God, you will miss the whole concept and the consequence to that is that

you are left with knowledge only. To know is to enter the kingdom, to become one with

eternity. Knowledge is from the outside and has nothing what so ever to do with God.

Because God is happening.”

“Nothing is hidden from God because God is the inside of everything. The inside knows

all. You can hide something from others, but you can’t hide it from yourself. And it is

there that God is hidden.”

He went on to say “Why have we invented so many names for God? There must be a

certain reason, because God cannot be named, a name can easily be changed, but God

remains the same. So why has God been addressed? Because there are moments

when you would like to scream out your inner feelings to God in sheer joy. Some name

is needed. Muslim Sufis invented ninety-nine names of God that are so beautiful, but

why not a hundred? Ninety-nine looks a bit incomplete. There is a certain reason the

hundredth name is kept silent and that is the true name of God, which of course can’t be

uttered. That is why Guru Nanak said ‘Satnam’. Your name is thee truth. But in reality

you can’t utter it because it will lose its’ beauty. It remains un-uttered at the deepest core

of the heart. What is God’s true name? Nobody knows that all the names are man’s

creation. The true name of God is the existence that surrounds you.”

How can one call Him by all His names? The wise give him names

according to His manifestations – Jap Sahib, Guru Gobind Singh Ji

He goes on saying. “those kind (the irreligious) of people haven’t known anything of

spiritual experience. They’ve never felt any presence of God. The only way to receive

God is to drop all your searching and seeking. The real question is recognition, not

search, and the only way to know God is to live God.”

For further information please pm the originator of the topic

baba jees picture at the astaan in smethwick

post-2746-1219607977_thumb.jpg

On a personal note, i am really saddened to hear of his departure :(

I listen to one particular shabad at night on my playlist... brings back some great memories for me dating back 5 years. I always thought one day when i grow older, i would be able to do his darshan. I guess thats a lesson for me not to take time for granted.

Anyway, if you want to listen to the shabad, just click the link below:

http://www.sikhroots.com/audio/Keertani%20...0Man%20Mera.mp3

got ny more audios?