Sant Mani Singh Leaves This Earth To Be One With The Creator

Inderjit S

To clarify as written in the Enlightenment article he received enlightenment at the canal side where he used to go to do his bhagti. This was before he went to the basement at Soho Road.

Prior to going to Soho Road he would do a lot of seva at Smethwick Gurdwara and Nankasar Gurdwara, Waterloo Road including washing and drying the kasherae of the sevadaar at Nanaksar. He also did a lot of seva at the Gurdwara which was built at the Shera Punjab Factory.

Following enlightenment he would secretly do seva in particular jura di seva. Even up until his departure he would do some form of seva of sangat in secret.

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa Waheguru ji ki fateh

I have been reading the comments people have made over the last week, I have just joined the site today as I felt the need of sharing some of my thoughts, not sure if this is the way that I am supposed to do so or even if I am permitted in doing so....but

I would just like to say that I had the great pleasure in meeting Baba ji and doing his darshan, listening to his bachan, doing beantee, being a part of his sangat and have also been lucky enough to do some seva for Baba Ji.

Baba ji has touched ours and many other lives in so many ways that we are not even aware of the extent. Words can not express our gratitude and I thank the mighty God for this. We knew nothing and were nothing before we met Baba Ji, he has taught many lessons in life and showed us the right path in life, given us faith and was a great support to us. We still have so much more to learn.

Baba ji has given me strength and confidence that I did not have before and this will stay with me forever.

At first I thought we had lost our Baba Ji and was distraught, never experienced this empty and sickening feeling before - our thoughts are selfish, what were we going to do without him, who is going to be there for us now?? But now I know that Baba Ji is still with us and will stay with us forever.

Brahm Giani Sadh Jeeve Nahin Marta

Baba ji, thank you for coming into our lives, saanu apnay charan na joori rakna

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa, Waheguru ji ki Fateh

• 2 weeks later...
The first Sant to be born in the UK left this earth to merge with the one creator on 13th August 2008 in California, USA. Sant Mani Singh's body has been flown back to England for his funeral, which is to be held on Saturday 30th August 2008 at Akal Bunga, 15 Silverton Road, Smethwick. The Sikh Congregation will have the opportunity to pay their last respects from 6.30am before the congregation depart for West Bromwich Crematorium at 9am.

Sant Mani Singh was named Resham Singh at birth at St Chads Hospital Birmingham on 4th November 1970 at approximately 1am. He was raised and bred in Smethwick, West Midlands until he graduated from Secondary High School. Between his childhood and teenage years he remained unattached from materialistic objects just as a lotus blossom remains untouched by the water. He was to join the British Royal Marines, but had no idea what royalty awaited his existence. Whilst throwing away the career of the Royal Marines and serving the country, he instead decided to serve the whole of humanity.

Following enlightenment Sant Mani Singh stayed in deep meditation from 25th December 1990 to 13th April 1991 at the invitation of Guru Nanak Nishkam Sevak Jatha, Soho Road, Handsworth. In absolute deep meditation, he was drunk with the divine. During this period no thirst or hunger disturbed him, a great ecstasy took over him.

A question was asked at the time, what was the significance of this mediation? He smiled and said "I must have lost my consciousness, so drunk, so drowned. I must have been so drunk in the beatitude of realization that I must have forgot the wide world."

On 15th April 1991 he came into the congregation at Guru Nanak Nishkam Sevak Jatha when Bhai Sahib Bhai Nurung Singh stated "you are a mirror that reflects so marvelously and as such your name should be Mani Singh rather than Resham Singh."

Sant Mani Singh spent the last ten years researching into the Sikh Scriptures with the desire to write the Sikh Scriptures using twenty four carat gold, which would be placed on the throne at Sri Harimandhar Sahib. Due to the complexity and intricacy of this task it was only this year that the technique for producing the scriptures was perfected. The first four Ang (pages) where shown to the congregated two months ago and the methodology to complete the project was described to their close associates. With the blessings of the Almighty this project will continue to fruition to produce the first ever Sikh Scriptures in gold.

When a Mahapurkh (enlightened soul) leaves the earth he always leaves something behind. Sant Mani Singh has left behind for us all the methodology of how to serve our living Guru, Guru Granth Sahib Ji. This is a unique gift for the Sikh Panth and should be treasured.

Hi i would like to know where i can see the video of the funeral..and if it can be posted on the net..or if it already is..thank you xxx

• 11 months later...

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Being busy with the funeral arrangements etc unfortunately I can't share much about Baba Ji's jevaan with you yet. But to reassure you there will significant pieces of literature coming out over the next year which he wrote himself. THe piecies on enlightenment, love and God were handwritten by him and the ones above are ectracts of the orginals which had numerous references to Gurbani.

As to his depature it was as he said it would be. Since I first met him in 1996 he always said I wil be leaving this earth before I am 40. He also said more recently I will have had a shower before I depart and there will be no need to wash the body, again jsut what occoured.

He had a shower at amritvele lay down on his back with two pillows under his head, put a white sheet upto his chest and had a mala in his hand. The signficant points here are that usually he would always sleep on his side, and not have any pillows under his head.

Those of you fortunate enough to attend the funeral will be able to have darshan and that alone will answer numerous questions.

He kept himself very Gupt but he has left a kajana of knowledge which the Amercian and UK sevadaar will be pulling together to present to the sangant over time.

Bhai Sahib,

Do you know when the pieces of literature that Baba Ji wrote are coming out ? Is there any plan to write a book on Baba Ji's life ?

Thanks.