Recovering Heroin Addict

Blissful Sikh

Hello, I tried to register at BCSikh.com but used the wrong email accidently and they are yet to contact me and sent my confirmation details to the right email...

So here I am, Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa! :) ))))

(Don't worry, I've visited here before as a guest as well.)

My question is this:

I am 19 years old, turned it on the 23rd (Happy birthday to me.) I have recently decided to become a Sikh. This is after a 3 year battle with heroin that methadone has rescued me from. I am quite curious about a couple of things.

1) Does anyone from Vancouver post here, and if so, do you know a gurudwara that a white Sikh like myself could take Amrit?

2) I decided to do the naming ceremony on a online Sri Guru Granth Sahib (Opening it, reading a verse and using the first letter etc...) Can I do this? Or is this to be done at Amrit. If this is the case, then I need to change my account name hehe...

I thank you all for your kind words, hopefully BCSikh.com will finally get ahold of me. I'm thinking that they think I'm trying to steal my own account. :6

Sat Nam!

PS.

Oh no! I just realized that I registered this account under Kalma sing instead of Kamal Singh. How do I change this? Why do I fail at registering the proper name? And if my naming process was incorrect. I need a more neautral name until I do my Amrit.

1) Does anyone from Vancouver post here, and if so, do you know a gurudwara that a white Sikh like myself could take Amrit?
I am sure you will get in touch with many amazing Sikhs in no time!
2) I decided to do the naming ceremony on a online Sri Guru Granth Sahib (Opening it, reading a verse and using the first letter etc...) Can I do this? Or is this to be done at Amrit. If this is the case, then I need to change my account name hehe...
Once you make good Sikh friends, you can take a Hukamnama from the Gurdwara, have an Ardas done, and then have a name. Either you choose it, or the sangat (congregation) chooses it for you.

Vaheguroo bless you bro.

I have come across alot of heroin users in my line work and its shocking to see how the addiction to heroin can destroy peoples lives.

This is an amazing achievement as is the desire to take amrit through Guru Sahibs grace.

Welcome to the house of Guru Nanak Dev Ji!

जउ तउ प्रेम खेलण का चाउ ॥

Ja­o ṯa­o parėm kẖėlaṇ kā cẖā­o.

If you desire to play this game of love with Me,

ਸਿਰੁ ਧਰਿ ਤਲੀ ਗਲੀ ਮੇਰੀ ਆਉ ॥

सिरु धरि तली गली मेरी आउ ॥

Sir ḏẖar ṯalī galī mėrī ā­o.

then step onto My Path with your head in hand.

ਇਤੁ ਮਾਰਗਿ ਪੈਰੁ ਧਰੀਜੈ ॥

इतु मारगि पैरु धरीजै ॥

Iṯ mārag pair ḏẖarījai.

When you place your feet on this Path,

ਸਿਰੁ ਦੀਜੈ ਕਾਣਿ ਨ ਕੀਜੈ ॥੨੦॥

सिरु दीजै काणि न कीजै ॥२०॥

Sir ḏījai kāṇ na kījai. ||20||

give Me your head, and do not pay any attention to public opinion. ||20||

Ang,1412

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

Thank you for your replies, I am a white male and I am indeed living in Victoria right now. Which is a city an hour away via ferry from Vancouver.

I will have to somehow change my account name now, but I suppose that won't be too hard. I can't wait to be blessed at my Amrit with a beautiful name. Does anybody know if I can change my account name, or if I should just erase then re-register?

I came to Sikhism after reading about Kundalini Yoga (Which I have since seen many a court paper on Rickross about 3HO), as I am a recovering heroin addict and hardcore Scientific athiest type I was quite suprised about Sikhism. It's wonderful!

Nobody knows why we exist, so why pretend to? Talking to the sky and demanding things won't get you anything, DOING these things will. Waheguru has already blessed us all, it is our duty to embrace it!

Thank you so much for your warm replies, I really really appreciate it! :) ))))

NihangSikh_new_new.jpg

WaheGuru Ji Ka Khalsa

WaheGuru Ji Ki Fateh

Kalma Singh is a good and unique name.

Just one question for you.

Do you have anything to do with sn name "DesiRudeBoy" on some other site?

If Yes, then hit me up in my inbox.

Desirudeboy sounds like a 12 year olds AOL name, sorry it's not me hehehe.

Kalma sing is not a good and unique name, because it's SUPPOSED to be Kamal Singh. Kalma isn't in the Sri Guru Granth Sahib. But that's irrelevant now, because I will let whoever does my Amrit choose my name VIA the proper method :) .

I really thank you all for your kind replies, it's quite amazing how kind and accepting you are. Much love from me to all of you.

Sat Nam. :) ))))

Now, I can't wait until I'm off Methadone. My first stop will be here:

amritsar-golden-temple.jpg