Recovering Heroin Addict

Blissful Sikh

Hi Kamal Singh,

I am from Vancouver myself, if you are a youth, here's a couple of places for you to talk and get a better indepth of knowledge of Sikhism.

Try Sukh Sagar Gurdwara in New Westminister, this gurdwara is pretty much very youth oriented, and the head preacher - Bhai Bikramjit Singh is like a Saint in my eyes, he's very pro-youth, and he's a young guy himself. He'll definitely be able to help you out further.

The next thing to do would be to check out Yoga West on West Broadway and Alma or something, basically its actually a yoga center that has a gurdwara and you'll see many people who have adopted the Sikh faith, there. You might people who were sort of in a similar situation like yourself, and changed their lives by using the Sikh faith.

Anyhow if you have any questions, please feel free to pm me. Best of luck with your recovery!

Hi Kamal Singh,

I am from Vancouver myself, if you are a youth, here's a couple of places for you to talk and get a better indepth of knowledge of Sikhism.

Try Sukh Sagar Gurdwara in New Westminister, this gurdwara is pretty much very youth oriented, and the head preacher - Bhai Bikramjit Singh is like a Saint in my eyes, he's very pro-youth, and he's a young guy himself. He'll definitely be able to help you out further.

The next thing to do would be to check out Yoga West on West Broadway and Alma or something, basically its actually a yoga center that has a gurdwara and you'll see many people who have adopted the Sikh faith, there. You might people who were sort of in a similar situation like yourself, and changed their lives by using the Sikh faith.

Anyhow if you have any questions, please feel free to pm me. Best of luck with your recovery!

Hey, I can't just "check them out" because I live in Victoria. So I need to be able to phone them and arrange it or something. I don't know how this works could you help me? My name is Patrick until then, just so you know.

You are so lucky...

So many people are born into Guru Nanak's house and they still unable to see the greatness of it...

I'm so happy for you...

A question though:

What inspired you to become a gursikh?

Sat nam, I was always a Sikh at heart. So when I found out that there were others with the same set of believes it clicked for me.

WaheGuru Jee Ka Khalsa WaheGuru Jee Ki Fatheh

waheguru....amazing

neway, i believe this is the website of the gurdwara just mentioned

http://www.sukhsagar.ca/

ull fynd thier contact no.s here and aswell as upcoming events for u to be able to meet gursikh sangat.

good luck on ur journey in sikhi

waheguru....amazing

neway, i believe this is the website of the gurdwara just mentioned

http://www.sukhsagar.ca/

ull fynd thier contact no.s here and aswell as upcoming events for u to be able to meet gursikh sangat.

good luck on ur journey in sikhi

Ok, I'll make some phonecalls.

Sat Nam, and thank you all! :) ))))

Now, my username should be changing to Blissfulsikh soon so I'll be posting more once that happens.

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

:) waheguru

godbless you

brother

waheguru

look inside my brother

and what you look for outside

will come to you

until then you can i think the best person for you to contact is

bhai hari nam singh ji

he has a tv show called insight into sikhism

harinam@healingartsoakville.com

(905) 820-3038

i think this is the contact information

i looked it up online

i'm sorry if it doesnt grow through

i know other guys too but they dont know too much english haha so i dont know if thats gonna help

so i think this would be best for you

but i dont know whats best

only god does

godbless you

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

waheguru ji ka khalsa, waheguru ji ki fateh!

congrats and good luck on your recovery and your chosen path.

one bit of advice... you might want to wait till the methadone course is done before taking amrit, because methadone is an intoxicant in itself and should not be used by amritdhari sikhs.

on the other hand, recieving amrit may be enough to end the methadone itself. Guru ji has given us a very powerful gift in amrit! it can and will change your life.

waheguru ji ka khalsa, waheguru ji ki fateh!

• 3 months later...

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

I'de like to thank everyone once again for their kind replies.

I've watched Insights into Sikhism before, I just don't know about the whole Kundalini Yoga crowed. Waheguru Simran is the only Yoga needed.

I've been reducing my methadone -5 mg every 2 weeks, which has left me sick in bed. I still am able to do my Bani though. Waheguru is keeping me going.

This Sunday I will be getting out of bed and hopefully will feel well enough to visit the Gurudwara Sahib.