Ragis Living At Your House Over Night What To Do?

kaal_tuhi

Treat them like any other honoured guests.

Most of these guys tend to be very shy - engage them with the family - eat together, not seperately, talk about Sikhi and about music - learn some scales on the waja to impress people with, play cricket with them in the garden/park..............

When they first come show them to their rooms, give them new towels, toothbrushes, toothpaste, soap/shampoos - ideally in nice kit bags, so they can take them away with them at the end. Inform them that they should treat this house like their brother's house and not be afraid to enquire of anything. Check their meal times and preferances - some wake up very early and will take a small meal at 4am!!!

At the end of their time, honour them with suitable gifts - traditionally kapra to make a kurta paijama out of...be more imaginative......high quality kirpans or other shastar, good quality trainer shoes, no one ever resists a box of gulab jamuns etc...

Hope that helps.

we got this seva amny times in india, darbar sahib raagis used to visit ur home coz of central location of our town and bhai gurdev singh used to stay at our home when he is late from kirtan darbars.

we were friendly and he never hesitated to ask anything so it was easy for us to treat him.

juz treat them with respect and provide every facility u have.

Its true that there is lots of khuuaari among ragis and granthis these days, having said that if some raagis come to my house for a stay, I will treat them as fellow amritdharis and will try my best to serve them. I will give them the best room of my house to stay, I will respect any differences in rehit maryada I have with them and would never debate with them about it.

add stuff on their ipods :p

I agree with you

Katha's by Giani Thakur Singh Ji's so they can do more parchar with good gurbani understanding

yea exactly

i used to show them classical kirtan videos on youtube and they asked for many old classical artists and they listened to them and really enjoyed that.