Sikhi Web App For The Iphone

Tera

Vaheguru Jee Kaa Khalsa, Vaheguru Jee Kee Fateh...

It annoys me a bit to see that Sikhs always seem to be behind on technology. The iPhone is an example I will use... a quick look will find you about 20 different Bible applications, around 20 different Koran Applications and some Hindu ones etc. Some very similar to SikhiToTheMax but for their scriptures. There is currently nothing for Sikhs.

Anyway, I can only do website programming so did this little web app. Hopefully it will be of some benefit to someone out there. Here are a few screenshots:

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg

Currently, it just gives access to read Nitnem PDFs or listen to Nitnem MP3s. Also there is a nice simple screen to make it a bit easier to do a SikhiToTheMax search.

It can be accessed at http://gspwebhosting.com/iphone/

It would be much appreciated if someone from SikhiToTheMax could let us know if they are developing something for the iPhone. If so, any release date? If not, would they be happy to give access to the code they have. I would be willing and I am sure others would be willing to put some money together and pay someone to develop something if we can not do it ourselves.

It annoys me a bit to see that Sikhs always seem to be behind on technology.

Well in the context you are using it, I'll say perhaps, but really, it's not true -- technology is a very huge word!

Why do we says sikhs/muslims/hindus/christians/jews/etc -- are always behind or ahead in something, even in terms of technology? The human race is way behind in terms of real technology -- you think the technology that we see today was created by human minds?

The iPhone is an example I will use... a quick look will find you about 20 different Bible applications, around 20 different Koran Applications and some Hindu ones etc. Some very similar to SikhiToTheMax but for their scriptures. There is currently nothing for Sikhs.

I understand what you intend to do and what you're trying to do to make people aware about it.

Anyway, I can only do website programming so did this little web app. Hopefully it will be of some benefit to someone out there.

Hey -- It's a start, you're not the only one doing something for "sikhs", others are, too -- though, perhaps not as technologically as you and several others are.

The screen shots look amazing! If I had my iPhone, I'd try it out -- but I had given it away for development on the Windows Platform, though not involved in that, too, any longer.

Currently, it just gives access to read Nitnem PDFs or listen to Nitnem MP3s. Also there is a nice simple screen to make it a bit easier to do a SikhiToTheMax search.

I personally like the whole layout and what it has to offer. It's really a good start, will encourage other people, too.

I would be willing and I am sure others would be willing to put some money together and pay someone to develop something if we can not do it ourselves.

What exactly are your ideas?

• 1 month later...

Waheguru Ji,

We've successfully tested the first beta version of Gurbani Search application for iPhone and it works great. The application should be available on App Store early next month. It would be installed on iPhone like a regular app and wouldn't need internet/data plan and neither will it require any modifications to the iPhone.

For more information please visit www.iSikhi.com

• 3 months later...