Amrit And (edit)

Guest _Sikh_kuri_

Guest _Sikh_kuri_

If you have done kaami things in the past and then later on u decided to take amrit. does that mean that when you take amrit the kaami things you have done in the past are 'washed' away and are forgiven and it doesnt matter now??? does it mean also that you dont need to tell your future partner bout the kaami things either?

(admin please allow this as i need answers asap and theres no one to talk to)

mod note: topic has been allowed, but has been edited to ensure suitable viewing for all.

Amrit is supposed to be a rebirth in the eyes of your guru: but that doesn't change the fact that things happened. If these things are a part of your past, they are in fact a part of who you are, and should these things come up with a partner, they should be aware that this is a part of your past.

The nature of our world is that people will find out everything eventually... either you can be the one to tell them, or they will find out some other, less controlled way.

the guru has forgaven u as u have been given a chence to retake amrit or take amrit but when u find ur partner and they wanna now what uv done in ur past u have to be honest whatever happened has happened

u want to start ur new relationship on trust and not have ur past lurking behind u

i dunno i odnt have nay experience

bhulk cuk maff :)

If you have done kaami things in the past and then later on u decided to take amrit. does that mean that when you take amrit the kaami things you have done in the past are 'washed' away and are forgiven and it doesnt matter now??? does it mean also that you dont need to tell your future partner bout the kaami things either?

(admin please allow this as i need answers asap and theres no one to talk to)

mod note: topic has been allowed, but has been edited to ensure suitable viewing for all.

no this born again wash away sins mythology is ideology of some jathas, it is similar to christianity born again baptism mentality, and probably entered sikhs from protestant influence during the british raaj.

It is upto an individual for what karam they do. You can't just take amrit again and again, you have to change yourself and balance your mind, think good of others, bhakti and simran karo etc...

Also, chori, thuggi, yaari, sabh samneh ajaandi ek din.

no this born again wash away sins mythology is ideology of some jathas, it is similar to christianity born again baptism mentality, and probably entered sikhs from protestant influence during the british raaj.

once again i'd like to point out that mainstream sikhs DO believe that when you take amrit your sins are "washed" away and you are born into the khalsa panth. this is exactly what my panj piyare said and i'm not a member of any "jatha". :) it's part of the panthic rehat maryada (which i know you don't believe in, let's keep that for another thread).

to the original poster: Amrit washes your sins in the eyes of Waheguru. it does NOT wash your sins in the eyes of your partner or any other human beings. you still need to be honest and clean with people that trust you.

amrit also does NOT absolve you of future sins (like christian baptism), so don't start lying to your partner after taking amrit, you'd just be building up your karmic debt again.

"it's part of the panthic rehat maryada."

which just backs up my protestant influence claim.

ok, it MIGHT be true to a certain extent, but logically I don't believe in it, especially after seeing some of the people that take amrit.

Lets say, one of these modern cultureless sikhs say, slept around because they weren't religious, and then they took amrit to be forgiven, would the stis also be forgiven?

"amrit also does NOT absolve you of future sins (like christian baptism), so don't start lying to your partner after taking amrit, you'd just be building up your karmic debt again."

Yes but according to the logic, some sikhs just retake amrit, no biggy eh :)

"it's part of the panthic rehat maryada."

which just backs up my protestant influence claim.

ok, it MIGHT be true to a certain extent, but logically I don't believe in it, especially after seeing some of the people that take amrit.

Lets say, one of these modern cultureless sikhs say, slept around because they weren't religious, and then they took amrit to be forgiven, would the stis also be forgiven?

"amrit also does NOT absolve you of future sins (like christian baptism), so don't start lying to your partner after taking amrit, you'd just be building up your karmic debt again."

Yes but according to the logic, some sikhs just retake amrit, no biggy eh :)

the fact that some people who call themselves Sikh do not behave as such does not invalidate Guru ji's institution of Amrit, nor should it reflect on amritdhari Sikhs in general.

and please let's not argue about SRM or which amrit is "right". thanks.

When your ready then take Amrit, no point of takng Amrit if your still the same person inside and putting on a fake pretence of being good externally. Everyone makes mistakes wheather if it is small or big the main point is to learn from your past mistake and better yourself and others around you and in the future your kids.

I dont think that taking amrit washes ur past sins. Amrit gives a person the tool, the Naam Khanda to wash away those sins. So after amrit, when we japp naam while staying the limits of rehat maryada, crores and crores of our past sins(of this life and previous lives) are washed.

Regarding the kaami past, well... if I have to get married, I will be only concerned about the life of bibi after she got amrit chakk. If she hasnt commiteed any bajjar kurehits, its pretty fine with me. But there is one very important thing ie if a bibi took amrit just to hide her past sins, I will have serious problem. If she has taken amrit for the love of Satguru jee and is keeping good rehit, well.... I wont give a damm about her past.