Is It Gurmat To Wear A Black Dummala

akal sahai

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh

I have been a silent reader for a while and first of all want to congratulate people running this website fr doing a wonderful job.

On this issue I just have a question to ask from all who think that as a sikh they shouldnt wear some particular colours. Why shall we do this when God has blessed us with the same colours?

Black - We have black Kesh and Beard. Akalpurukh Parmaatma blessed us with this colour

Red - Blood in our Veins. Again, art of the God.

Green - When we see Green sites or greenery in the world we just adore the creation of the God. Some of us even go on expensive vacations to visit such places. To enjoy the greenery.

I am not as knowledgable as all the gurmukh people on this forum but i just wanted to say what i feel like. Please do correct me if you think I am wrong.

Gurfateh

I just want to start by saying I agree with someday, it seems really silly to discuss which colour we should wear as nature has created us with many differences in form and colour. Prof Darshan Singh did veechar on the tuk 'har ra(n)g raathaa so man saachaa ||' and the answer lies in this line from the Bani.

He also mentioned that the colour red is mentioned in Bani many times. The colour red symbolises meeting your beloved hence why brides in India wear this colour on their wedding day. It's a similar relationship of the bhagat and vaheguru which Guru Sahib describes in Gurbani. I know Bana is important and an integral part of Sikhi, but we fail to realise that Bani is before Bana. We should reflect on the Bani first and foremost. I just hope we dont descend into extremism like other faiths (Islam), where they are actually told which hand to use while cleaning themselves when going to the toilet and other such silly rules.

Wearing red or green isnt going to condemn you to hell or give you paap, we really need to move away from all this or noone is going to take us seriously. Look at the mockery the bollywood industry is making of Sikhs already! (sorry separate topic but I just saw Salman Khan and Preity whatsitname in a song where they are in the Gurdwara in front of the Guru Sahib and a love song is playing in the background, they are eyeing each other up and he's dressed up as a 'sardar')!

Gurfateh!

The Panth Pranvit Rehat Maryada is what a majority of Amritdhari Sikhs follow. Although going by this forum one would assume that AKJ, Nihangs and Taksal consist of the majority of the Panth. In the real world 95% of Amritdhari Sikhs follow the Panth Pranvit Rehat Maryada.

It doesn't mention anything about colours because the Gurus kept their maryada down to a minimum. It gradually over time that people have started to add their own 'mat' instead of just following Gurmat. The Gurus didn't devise a Sharia type law because these things are transistory and liable to change over time. It's only in the west that you get different jathebandis and now belief in so-called Mahapurkhs and their own personal Rehat Maryada.

The Panth Pranvit Rehat Maryada is what a majority of Amritdhari Sikhs follow. Although going by this forum one would assume that AKJ, Nihangs and Taksal consist of the majority of the Panth. In the real world 95% of Amritdhari Sikhs follow the Panth Pranvit Rehat Maryada.

It doesn't mention anything about colours because the Gurus kept their maryada down to a minimum. It gradually over time that people have started to add their own 'mat' instead of just following Gurmat. The Gurus didn't devise a Sharia type law because these things are transistory and liable to change over time. It's only in the west that you get different jathebandis and now belief in so-called Mahapurkhs and their own personal Rehat Maryada.

oooooops u accidentally pressed 9 instead of 0 they are to close to each other .... hmmm may be ur using a to narrow keyboard ... :rolleyes:

Is that all you have. I wonder how long it took you to think up such a reply!

Like it or not, these three groups don't have a large following amongst Amritdhari Sikhs. Most of the Amritdharis is my area in Punjab would think you were off your rocker if you said that you have something called the Budha Dal Gutka. A Gukta is a Gutka to these people and not an AKJ Gutka or a Taksal Gutka. This is why this forum gives a very unrealistic picture of what it is to be a Sikh. Anyone reading this forum would assume that these three group are the majority of Amritdhari Sikhs. As for the fixation of some people on Nihangs those who didn't know better would think that most Sikhs are Nihangs, then it's the Taksal and then the AKJ and the Sikhs who believe and follow the Panth Pranvit Rehat maryada are just a few dozen!

Is that all you have. I wonder how long it took you to think up such a reply!

Like it or not, these three groups don't have a large following amongst Amritdhari Sikhs. Most of the Amritdharis is my area in Punjab would think you were off your rocker if you said that you have something called the Budha Dal Gutka. A Gukta is a Gutka to these people and not an AKJ Gutka or a Taksal Gutka. This is why this forum gives a very unrealistic picture of what it is to be a Sikh. Anyone reading this forum would assume that these three group are the majority of Amritdhari Sikhs. As for the fixation of some people on Nihangs those who didn't know better would think that most Sikhs are Nihangs, then it's the Taksal and then the AKJ and the Sikhs who believe and follow the Panth Pranvit Rehat maryada are just a few dozen!

yeah it took me 11 minutes to think of such a reply it was of two phases 10 mins of laugh looking at ignorance and 1 minute to type ... again here it should be my house not my area ... the correct version should be

Most of the Amritdharis is my house in Punjab would think you were off your rocker if you said that you have something called the Budha Dal Gutka.

if its ur area then i should suppose out of two crores 1 crore 90 lakh would be staying in ur area only ... :lol:

just for a figures in 2008 budhadal has renewed more then 8 lakh registered identity cards ... there is tarna dal to ... i think only budhadal has shattered ur dream of 95 percent ... in rajasthan majority of sikhs are associated with dal panth ... over 60 % of total population ... if u move outside ur house things are little different and if u move outside punjab things are totally different ... so its always better to do some research then just typing ...

8 lakh! You would be hard put out to get even 8 thousand Nihangs together so I don't know where all your identity cards have been going to. Could there be a new scam going where those who want out of Punjab think having a Nihang identity card will give them a better chance of entry into foreign countries. Seriously 8 Lakh, I've travelled all over Punjab and I've never come across more than 1 or 2 Nihangs in any bus or train. Even then I see them arguing with a bus conductor wanting to wriggle out of paying the bus fare.

So 60% of Sikhs in Rajasthan are associated with Budha Dal, are you again a bit off with your figures? There's about 10 Lakh Sikhs in Rajasthan, so are you seriously claiming that 6 lakh Sikhs in Rajasthan are associated with Budha Dal? FYI I have been to Rajasthan, having visited relatives in Ganganagar, Karanpur as well as Kota and Alwar. At the last place I stayed with relatives of my best friend. I can't say I noticed more Nihangs in Rajasthan than in Punjab. If anything there were less Nihangs than in Punjab. So I suggest you get real about figures.

oh so now every one associated with budhadal is nihang singh .... YAWNS .... people need to get the basics right ... not i wonder where that 95 % figure came from ...

just a quicky hint for you ... my ustad is a nihang singh ... he taught more than around 500 - 600 students till date may be more ... santheya of guru granth sahib including children and old ... 90 % of them dont wear bana but follow basic mareyada of dal panth that is blue keski in hairs and kessan de shaster even if they are wearing shirt and trouser ... they have taken amrit from dal panth and when they wish they can get in banna ...

so next time u see a normal amrit dhari man sitting with u in bus and u think its ur 95% quota and start ur missionary ways of filling hatred about mareyada or sant mahapurh of panth ... just beware he can be budhadals singh ....

and regarding my previous post i said 8 lakh members associated with dal panth ... not 8 lakh nihang singhs ... as 8 lakh is very less ... there should be more then 25 lakh fauj even in this forum only ... and may be sava lakh is replying to u know ... :1singh1:

keya samjhe

oh so now every one associated with budhadal is nihang singh .... YAWNS .... people need to get the basics right ... not i wonder where that 95 % figure came from ...

just a quicky hint for you ... my ustad is a nihang singh ... he taught more than around 500 - 600 students till date may be more ... santheya of guru granth sahib including children and old ... 90 % of them dont wear bana but follow basic mareyada of dal panth that is blue keski in hairs and kessan de shaster even if they are wearing shirt and trouser ... they have taken amrit from dal panth and when they wish they can get in banna ...

so next time u see a normal amrit dhari man sitting with u in bus and u think its ur 95% quota and start ur missionary ways of filling hatred about mareyada or sant mahapurh of panth ... just beware he can be budhadals singh ....

and regarding my previous post i said 8 lakh members associated with dal panth ... not 8 lakh nihang singhs ... as 8 lakh is very less ... there should be more then 25 lakh fauj even in this forum only ... and may be sava lakh is replying to u know ... :1singh1:

keya samjhe

Stop biging up your dal thing so what if some took amrit from there dont make them special amrit is amrit you make out is extra holy oh they took amrit from your dal and so on , forget dal panth it is NOT A PANTH just a group called Buddha Dal not a Panth - there is only one Panth thats Khalsa Panth - GURU MADE KHALSA ,considering the recent history of this group it has been a knife in the back of the Panth rather than defending it ie Santa siding with Dusht Indira and the abnormal practices and anti Khalistanism in this Dal i consider it has done more damage in the modern age instead of living up to purataan Singhs who were in the dal