Is It Gurmat To Wear A Black Dummala

akal sahai

Nihang Singhs dont wear black dumaala or baana. Its maryada for them to only tie blue bunga and blue keski, then they can tie either blue, white or orange as dumaala.

Since Nihang Singhs wore dumaala first i think its right to respect the maryada instead of coming out with comments which are not worth posting.

Vaheguru Ji ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and for the guru pyaree saadh sangat whos saying its just a colour? if its just a colour is it ok to wear red and green also then?

end of the day if the panj pyaare gave you rehit of wearing black, blue, white or orange then that is obviously parvaan and you dont need to keep rehit of not wearing black dumaala or banaa..

what ever paanj pyaare say is sat bachaan..

vaheguru ji ka khalsa vaheguru ji ki fateh

lol I got a picture of me with a bunch of nihang singhs - some wearing blue and orange and white but some of them are wearing black - dumallas and bana - so I guess it depends on personal preferance. I dont think it will effect your spirituality.

however I was told at my amrit sanchaar that green and red are to be avoided - as someone else has said - what panj say is sat bachaan.

All colours origonate from Waheguru Himself.................so who are we to debate what is right/wrong..............if singh/singhni is given hukam of panj............end of story..............no need to get start getting excited.............

so how long shall we give before this thread also turns into a nihang bashing thread...........lol.........

:p

i believe that all the colors are the same and equal.

And although the punj payre say do not wear the redish and green colors - i was told they say this beacuse those colors are known to be mulsim and hindu colors, and it is a part of the ceremony for them to say that beacuse in that time sikhs were on their way to becoming and establishing their own major world religion.

at least, thats what i think.

and for the guru pyaree saadh sangat whos saying its just a colour? if its just a colour is it ok to wear red and green also then?

end of the day if the panj pyaare gave you rehit of wearing black, blue, white or orange then that is obviously parvaan and you dont need to keep rehit of not wearing black dumaala or banaa..

what ever paanj pyaare say is sat bachaan..

vaheguru ji ka khalsa vaheguru ji ki fateh

yep, it's ok to wear red and green according to the panthic rehat maryada. if your panj at your sampard/jatha told you different, that's fine, don't wear them.

but please don't try to enforce your sect's maryada across the panth. thanks. :)

i think i'll buy red kapda tomorrow. :)

Dwqu imlY Puin Dwqu kau isPqI isPiq smwie ]

dhhaath milai fun dhhaath ko sifathee sifath samaae ||

As metal merges with metal, those who chant the Praises of the Lord are absorbed into the Praiseworthy Lord.

lwlu gulwlu ghbrw scw rMgu cVwau ]

laal gulaal gehabaraa sachaa ra(n)g charraao ||

Like the poppies, they are dyed in the deep crimson color of Truthfulness.

scu imlY sMqoKIAw hir jip eykY Bwie ]1]

sach milai sa(n)thokheeaa har jap eaekai bhaae ||1||

Those contented souls who meditate on the Lord with single-minded love, meet the True Lord. ||1||

i believe that all the colors are the same and equal.

And although the punj payre say do not wear the redish and green colors - i was told they say this beacuse those colors are known to be mulsim and hindu colors, and it is a part of the ceremony for them to say that beacuse in that time sikhs were on their way to becoming and establishing their own major world religion.

at least, thats what i think.

i think that's kind of a sketchy attitude... defying your panj piyare because you heard a story... sorry, i wouldn't do it. while i personally think any colour is ok, if your panj say don't wear them, then don't.

but if they go according to panthic rehat maryada, then they won't say anything at all about colours.

OOOOOOOOHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh AAAAAAAAHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhHHHHHHHhh

This beautiful panth parvaan maryada that everyone talks about the rough draft that the majority of the panth dsnt follow. ooopppssss, the sgpc maryada, i think you mean the one enforced on akaal takht by a few sikhs and scholars?

(Sorry i know its offensive,i just find the word panth parvaan funny)