Inter Racial Relationships ...........

adina

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont think its wrong to get married to someone who is of another colour/race to you.As long as he/she is sikh. The whole point of getting married is for both the partners to help eachother on the spiritual path.When one partner's losing faith,the other helps him/her and vice versa.

Altho i don't think its wrong,i think it maybe wierd in a marriage if they have a different culture to you. Or maybe its jus me :S

1)love and attachment look alike but are 2 different things .when ppl say they love someone ,in lots cases they are just attracted /attached to the emotional/intelectual/physical in the other person and somewhere along the line it fizzes out and flattens ,ending up in a mess .sikhs are supposed to indulge in being attached /attracted /in love with the beauty of God and Guru ,whilst radiating love equivally to all ,never playing favourites with partners .

2)your bf/gf/fiancee/partner/husband/wife is a gift from God .so its about searching the inner voice of Guru within , confirmed by a hukumnama as to who that person should be .For a sikh connected intimately to Gurujee ,you may even be given a dream /some sort of vision or confirmation ahead of your partner's arrival .That partner can come as a surprise in a packaging ,challenging all your preconceived notions about the skin colour /race or religion of your future partner .God is a God of unpredictability and his gifts too can be unpredictable .

3)Never feel intimidated if your partner is of another skin colour .sikhi is meant for the whole world not just for a bunch of ppl from the racial stock of punjab or a bunch of white american sikhs .if you are a beautiful sikh ,beautiful in your sikhi ,it wil be like a beautiful fragrant cloud that will envelope your partner all over .

4)Do not be intimidated by your parents into marrying someone that satisfies their racist or bigoted views about intermarrying within your own racial group/jaat etc .you marry hopefully once and marriage is about your future not theirs so it has to be a decision based on your own free will and preferences in accordance with Gurbani .Gurbani encourages us to be close to ppl who love God ,are not destructive /in destructive habits ,ppl who are humble ,pure ,honest ,not egoistic and aiming to be above kaam ,krodh ,lobh ,moh ,hankaar .ppl who love sewa .simran and satsang .

5)one of my close friends was being forced by his parents to marry a fellow jat girl .this girl was panicking that he takes a cold bath at amritvela .my friend was even warned not to talk to this sikh girl about sikhi else she may get put off .he ended up marrying a thai girl who has taken on a sikh name ,loves being taken to gurudwara ,loves kara parshad ,encourages him to take a cold shower for amritvela and do his amritvela jaap etc etc etc . she was more than happy for their daughter to be named '' gurmantar kaur '' .

6)in another case(true story) ,a gursikh girl i know ,from her teenage life always fantasised having a handsome scandinavian white bf/husband . as time went along she focussed on loving gurujee ,amritvela jaap ,etc etc etc ,never making any demand on Gurujee to fulfill her desire .a few years ago ,she started getting dreams either before/after amritvela about a real humble ,handsome man showing her soo much true love .she ignored those dreams and focussed on kirtan/naam .oneday she met a very handsome/loving white scandinavian guy who was into drugs /alcoholism and had no job and was depressed .this girl/bibi realised he was lost ,and needed a friend .in true gursikh spirit she sacrificed so much time getting him out of his troubles .Within a month he gave up his alcohol and drugs totally ,started do naaam simran ,started reading about sikhi ,read everything from bhaii gurdas varan to prof puran singh's spirit born ppl and etc .discretely she even got him to start going to gurudwara .as time went along he developed into a beautiful gursikh and they got married .a win -win situation .

7)sikhi is the most powerful force in the universe .nothing can intimidate /contain /limit it .our responsibility is to spread it as a fragrance into the entire world .everyone of the 6 odd billion ppl on earth needs sikhi .

Love knows no boundaries

hanji, love has no boundries. then wait till her dad gets the daang out. i bet that'll show u a coupla boundry lines. lol

but love is a waste of time man. seems like love at first. may keep u up at night, and in a daze through-out the whole day, but when it falls apart, its like u woke up after a long dream. thats when u regret it.

(personal experience)

well said

1)love and attachment look alike but are 2 different things .when ppl say they love someone ,in lots cases they are just attracted /attached to the emotional/intelectual/physical in the other person and somewhere along the line it fizzes out and flattens ,ending up in a mess .sikhs are supposed to indulge in being attached /attracted /in love with the beauty of God and Guru ,whilst radiating love equivally to all ,never playing favourites with partners .

2)your bf/gf/fiancee/partner/husband/wife is a gift from God .so its about searching the inner voice of Guru within , confirmed by a hukumnama as to who that person should be .For a sikh connected intimately to Gurujee ,you may even be given a dream /some sort of vision or confirmation ahead of your partner's arrival .That partner can come as a surprise in a packaging ,challenging all your preconceived notions about the skin colour /race or religion of your future partner .God is a God of unpredictability and his gifts too can be unpredictable .

3)Never feel intimidated if your partner is of another skin colour .sikhi is meant for the whole world not just for a bunch of ppl from the racial stock of punjab or a bunch of white american sikhs .if you are a beautiful sikh ,beautiful in your sikhi ,it wil be like a beautiful fragrant cloud that will envelope your partner all over .

4)Do not be intimidated by your parents into marrying someone that satisfies their racist or bigoted views about intermarrying within your own racial group/jaat etc .you marry hopefully once and marriage is about your future not theirs so it has to be a decision based on your own free will and preferences in accordance with Gurbani .Gurbani encourages us to be close to ppl who love God ,are not destructive /in destructive habits ,ppl who are humble ,pure ,honest ,not egoistic and aiming to be above kaam ,krodh ,lobh ,moh ,hankaar .ppl who love sewa .simran and satsang .

5)one of my close friends was being forced by his parents to marry a fellow jat girl .this girl was panicking that he takes a cold bath at amritvela .my friend was even warned not to talk to this sikh girl about sikhi else she may get put off .he ended up marrying a thai girl who has taken on a sikh name ,loves being taken to gurudwara ,loves kara parshad ,encourages him to take a cold shower for amritvela and do his amritvela jaap etc etc etc . she was more than happy for their daughter to be named '' gurmantar kaur '' .

6)in another case(true story) ,a gursikh girl i know ,from her teenage life always fantasised having a handsome scandinavian white bf/husband . as time went along she focussed on loving gurujee ,amritvela jaap ,etc etc etc ,never making any demand on Gurujee to fulfill her desire .a few years ago ,she started getting dreams either before/after amritvela about a real humble ,handsome man showing her soo much true love .she ignored those dreams and focussed on kirtan/naam .oneday she met a very handsome/loving white scandinavian guy who was into drugs /alcoholism and had no job and was depressed .this girl/bibi realised he was lost ,and needed a friend .in true gursikh spirit she sacrificed so much time getting him out of his troubles .Within a month he gave up his alcohol and drugs totally ,started do naaam simran ,started reading about sikhi ,read everything from bhaii gurdas varan to prof puran singh's spirit born ppl and etc .discretely she even got him to start going to gurudwara .as time went along he developed into a beautiful gursikh and they got married .a win -win situation .

7)sikhi is the most powerful force in the universe .nothing can intimidate /contain /limit it .our responsibility is to spread it as a fragrance into the entire world .everyone of the 6 odd billion ppl on earth needs sikhi .

so true !

that is so true!

bt its weird that our punjabi ppl ar not so much into sikhi as ar ppl from other races....

idk its just an observation......... i mean all the punjabi guys at my gurudwara ar clean shaven and those who hav darha sahibs hav em cut ..which doesnt make any sense....... whereas on the other hand guys from other religions like sikhi alot and dnt hesitate from converting and keeping full rehat

idk why our ppl say its bad to marry someone frm another race/culture/religion etc etc

i think as long as your partner helps you achieve the goal that we all came to achieve its all cool

so race/culture/religion dnt matter

bt parents these days ar so adamant! <_<

so true !

that is so true!

bt its weird that our punjabi ppl ar not so much into sikhi as ar ppl from other races....

idk its just an observation......... i mean all the punjabi guys at my gurudwara ar clean shaven and those who hav darha sahibs hav em cut ..which doesnt make any sense....... whereas on the other hand guys from other religions like sikhi alot and dnt hesitate from converting and keeping full rehat

idk why our ppl say its bad to marry someone frm another race/culture/religion etc etc

i think as long as your partner helps you achieve the goal that we all came to achieve its all cool

so race/culture/religion dnt matter

bt parents these days ar so adamant! <_<

WAIT !

lol

does this mean boyfrnds ar allowed?