Mother

Blissful Sikh

wjkk wjkf!

I really dont understand on what grounds you are able to offer such advice. This is a decision that would be best fit for the Panj Pyairay to make, not you or I. Advising an individual not to wear a Kakkar or take Amrit because they are on Methadone a TREATMENT for drug addicts is not a judgment to made by either of us.

Also, is it not possible that the level of addiction prior to treatment influences which treatments one can take. My personal issue here is that you appear to be providing advice in strong inclination when it is not within your right to speak in such absolutes.

You also appear to make inferences regarding the original poster you have no way of validating. In response to your comments regarding taking amrit while on "Drugs" perhaps you have forgot the concept of intentions. If one is on treatment to withdraw from substance abuse, they are on the right track. The intentions of the original poster appear to be very pure and filled with love for this path, your words are strongly discouraging and a little bit offensive.

To an individual who is seeking treatment for prior substance abuse and trekking towards the goal of taking Amrit, it is rather bothersome that you put up obstacles and equalize the treatment as being no positive step and equate it to the same as being on heroin.

I would request that you stop giving advice that the Panj Pyaraiay should instead be providing.

man, you're so busy arguing against me you're not even noticing what you're saying.

i AGREE 100% that he should ask panj piyare about taking amrit while on methadone maintenence (it's not a treatment, it's a replacement, read up on it). i AGREE 100% that he should ask panj piyare if he should wear kirpan before receiving amrit, and while he's still taking methadone.

see, we are in agreement on this, but you just want to disagree. that makes it seem as if you have a personal problem with me, rather than having an intellectual or theological issue with my statements.

if you have a personal issue, send me a PM. if not, then try to post about the issue, rather than against the poster.

thanks. :)

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think anyone is trying to discourage the original poster from becoming a Sikh, but wearing the kirpan is something entirely different. He says hes never even been to a gurdwara, so he hasn't even experienced half the things you would need to. I don't think he knows how it feels to be a sikh, he might understand it, but you got to feel it to. He might think he has felt it, but im sure there is alot more he hasn't discovered. It doesn't sound like he's even met a real sikh before in person.

I can swear that arguments have gone over 100% since Jasleen Kaur has been on this forum, why can't people just stop arguing and get on with their own Sikhi instead of imposing their Sikhi on someone else, "Pelo apanay thelay danda fhero" Wave a stick beneath ur own bed see how much dirt you can collect and try and clean it before you clean others, as the saying goes.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa! Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

I am sorry for my absence, I didn't realize this topic was so popular! You are all such beautiful, kind souls. I have a few things I would like to address/answer as I have just finished reading all the posts I had missed.

1) Simran:

I was recommended by one of you to start reciting Waheguru everywhere I go, I thankfully had heard this before and had already started. It just seems so natural everywhere I am now, to sing Waheguru over and over again. It's the most powerful feeling I've ever felt.

2) Wearing 5K Before Amrit:

I think that Singh should wear his 5K once he KNOWS that he wants to take Amrit, I have been blessed with Sikhism and realize that. I am not only a bit serious about becoming a Sikh, or pretty serious. I am 100% ready and think it's by the grace of god that I am alive and following this path after my horrible last few years.

3) "Just quit methadone, it isn't a medicine, it's just a replacement for heroin and you are just as bad for taking it":

I have heard a few of you saying things about Methadone that only somebody who is un-educated in the manner would say, I suggest you Google "Methadone" and do some reading. It is not a matter of just waking up and quitting it, I have to do it properelly or I could literally die. Be happy that by Gurus grace the path of light has blessed my soul, and that I am trying to get away from this stuff as quick as possible.

I thank those kind souls who have supported me, and the ones who seem to not understand Methadone should go read about it before possibly saying something that might be far from positive towards the recovery process of an opiate addict. (Long sentence, whooo.)

I woke up this morning, and it's just so beautiful to see everybody caring here. For those saying it's a bad thing that I've never even been to a Gurudwara, I'm now doing my best to find one that meets more then once a week. If I lived in Vancouver I would be up every morning to attend, and I am moving there soon because of the Sikh community. I thank you oh so much, those who have made me realize that in this situation certain things must be done by myself. Again, it means a lot to me to see you guys chipping in with advice/help.

Remember, only God is absolute.

Love, Blissful Sikh.

Sikh Temple

1210 Topaz Avenue,

Victoria,

BC

V8T 2N1

(250) 383-1634

View Map

Gurdwara Singh Sabha

470 Cecelia Road,

Victoria,

BC

V8T 4T5

(250) 475-2280

View Map

Punjabi Akali Sikh Temple

2721 Graham Street,

Victoria,

BC

V8T 3Z1

(250) 386-1080

View Map

Victoria has so many Gurudwara Sahibs, as listed above...How come you never went to one?...take a bus or walk if it's closer to your house =)

Even coming to Vancouver shouldn't be hard...just take a ferry...and then a bus to lets say Surrey. You can go to Dashmesh Darbar, Singh Sabha, so on...

or RICHMOND: Nanaksar...

i would advise you to seek 1st ,2nd ,and 3rd opinions from your doctors about non -methadone based treatments that they would recommend and approve of .One such treatment is used to treat addiction among Israeli army recruits where ''Patients undergoing the treatment are put under anaesthetic for up to six hours while doctors block the opioid receptors in the brain and nervous system in an attempt to prevent further cravings''. Google on '' Dr Andre Waismann'' or ''Barzilai Medical Centre'' for more information .Also google on ''www.SilvaLifeSystem.com''which is a non-drug intrusive method that can be used to overcome drug dependencies apart from clinical/non clinical hypnosis/hypnotheraphy which has also been proven to be very effective .Also google on ''drug detox '' for other non- drug based neuro/medical treatments .

i recollect in malaysia ,there was a heroin addict who was from sikh background .luckily for him his brother in law was a fiery chardikela sikh preacher/gyani. So he turned himself in to his brother in law, who became his gurdian ,and subjected him to rigorous cold turkey treatment and lengthy hours of naam simran Waheguru chanting. this guy then went on to learn tabla ,keertan ,and GURU GRANTH SAHIB and later baptised and then became one of Malaysia's best known charismatic loved gyanis during the 1980s .

my recommendation based on my experience is for you to try to stay sober,really fresh and wide awake when you are not sleeping by taking quite a few proper cold showers ,without mixing in hot water ,wherever you live .this together with lots of Waheguru chanting will keep you in chardikela or rising spirits .I live in cold UK and i do that after learning its quite a popular practise among scandinavians to take cold showers .

another thing is to really really make sure you are awake around 4 a.m every morning without fail and after taking a cold shower bravely apart from nitnem and other prayers you may be doing ,ensure you do naam simran for as long as you possibly can .the magic of this is that it will trigger off ,God's juicy joy hidden in your soul(like an oceon ) to start flowing through your entire consciousness bringing tremendous energy ,mind power ,rising power ,and heightened awakedness in you .That anand -joy-bliss will be so powerful that it will surpass the biggest kicks that herion ,mdma ,cocaine or weed etc etc can give you and make your recovery seem like peanuts ,eliminating the need for methadone before you could wink your eye .

never ever underestimate the power of the sentences of GURU GRANTH SAHIB and the power of keertan and naam simran in quickly propelling out from your system, the need for any kind of dependencies .This is a hidden secret that sikhs have failed to share with a suffering world looking for cures for everything that goes wrong with our lifes and our health .

apart from that i hope you are already engaging yourself in studies /employment/swimming/gym/martial arts training/gymnastics and attending NA meetings local to your area .this all help in fast recovery and to be free from methadone dependency ,apart from sticking to dietary advice given by your doctors .in my earlier post on this thread i also made further

recommendations in terms of books you could read to incalculate a chardikela kela psyche and mindset .

finally ,constantly do ardas/prayers to GOD and GURU daily and constantly to help you overcome all this and to be a free liberated person, who can be move on ,to start working on ,the real purpose of your existence on earth .

Sikh Temple

1210 Topaz Avenue,

Victoria,

BC

V8T 2N1

(250) 383-1634

View Map

Gurdwara Singh Sabha

470 Cecelia Road,

Victoria,

BC

V8T 4T5

(250) 475-2280

View Map

Punjabi Akali Sikh Temple

2721 Graham Street,

Victoria,

BC

V8T 3Z1

(250) 386-1080

View Map

Victoria has so many Gurudwara Sahibs, as listed above...How come you never went to one?...take a bus or walk if it's closer to your house =)

Even coming to Vancouver shouldn't be hard...just take a ferry...and then a bus to lets say Surrey. You can go to Dashmesh Darbar, Singh Sabha, so on...

or RICHMOND: Nanaksar...

Thank you brother, I was not aware of a few of those.

I had talked to a person at one of them, and he said they only meet once a week and nobody is white. So I assumed, maybe Victoria isn't the most friendly of places for Gora Sikh.

But, as said in my last post, I was wrong and should of looked harder.

I thank you so much for your kind post, the information will be VERY useful!

Thank you,

B.Sikh