U.s Armed Forces

adina

u worked as a medic and u saved lives, wowwww.

How about being employed as a medic by Punjab Police, all the brutal torture they do, they also need medics. How about being a medic for the Indian army when they were killing innocent singhs all over Punjab ??

ever heard of bhai kaneya ji? now, i'm not suggesting that i am anywhere NEAR his avastha. i'm not even the dust from his feet.

did Guru ji harass or taunt him for giving water to the enemy? the khalsa around him did. but no, Guru ji did not.

so you can taunt me all you want. i know that helping people is good in Guru ji's eyes. regardless of which government or army calls the shots.

your apocalyptic fantasies are starting to cloud your vision of the real world.

What a ridiculous comparison is this. Bhai Kaniyaa jee was a BRAHAMGYANI who was on the side of the Khalsa army and gave water to the enemy soldiers.

U were EMPLOYED by a cruel dusht army which was killing innocent babies, destroying families.

Lets say a man comes up to me and tells me that he is going to burn an entire village and gives me few hundred rupees to do some medical stuff to the ones who survive the fire. Shud i accept that money ?????????

When Indian army was killing innocent people all over Punjab, would u have served as as a medic ???

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What a ridiculous comparison is this. Bhai Kaniyaa jee was a BRAHAMGYANI who was on the side of the Khalsa army and gave water to the enemy soldiers.

U were EMPLOYED by a cruel dusht army which was killing innocent babies, destroying families.

Lets say a man comes up to me and tells me that he is going to burn an entire village and gives me few hundred rupees to do some medical stuff to the ones who survive the fire. Shud i accept that money ?????????

When Indian army was killing innocent people all over Punjab, would u have served as as a medic ???

i didn't compare myself, i meant that he should be our inspiration and we should try our best.

i didn't kill any innocent babies and neither do 99.99% of american soldiers.

i am horrible, i am bad, i am the worst person in the world for having helped people.

whatever. everyone except you are horrible and murderers and idiots. you win. get over it.

i didn't compare myself, i meant that he should be our inspiration and we should try our best.

i didn't kill any innocent babies and neither do 99.99% of american soldiers.

i am horrible, i am bad, i am the worst person in the world for having helped people.

whatever. everyone except you are horrible and murderers and idiots. you win. get over it.

we all make mistakes in life. some intentional some unintentional. At present, u seem to be a very nice sikh and I respect u for that.

interesting observation. Given that there is no hierarchy or clergy in sikhi, every sikh is a chaplain. Not in the mood for an endorsement for the us army today, but every sikh who wants to enlist, should do so as a chaplain.

screw that, i'm enlisting as commander-in-chief

dear veer ji !

u cant enlist as a commander in chief...lol

u gtta become an officer before u do that

:D

nope

i aint enlisting as nothing BUT commander in chief

they're not my mom, and as a matter of fact, ur not either

therefore i dont have to listen to them or you

ok.........

good luck veer ji ! :lol:

Bhenji its not about winning or losing, and please don't take these posts as personal attacks. I believe Harinder Singh and I are merely trying to point out that it is ill advised for a Sikh to join the US Army. If the intentions are medical seva, one can do this without joining an army with a corrupt leadership (a point which we can atleast agree on).

i was not a sikh when i was in the army. i was in the army under president clinton, not under any war monger republican. i never went to war, instead doing disaster relief missions for flood and earthquake victims, as well as regular ambulance service in the city i was stationed in.

there are no "enemies" to medical personnel, so no, i never treated any enemy. i only treated people. human beings. human lives.

i guess i'm done on this topic. i learned a lot. i hope others did too.

Gurfateh!!

My advice to anyone wishing to join their country's armed forces is go for it.

This is the greatest time to do so, we are in an age where nations recognise Sikhs and will go out their way to help you. I was reading the RAF's uniform requirements the other day and they are so strict on things like hair and the hat having to be 25mm above the eyebrows, but the only group who are exempt from this are Sikhs...i see this as kirpa, Akaal Purukh is specifically helping us go into every career path. Not only that, because there are not many Gursikhs in the armed forces, just one person being in there will act as parchaar, it will help people understand better who we are.

Now we were born into an army which was created to be universal, to promote peace but to defend those who need defending. We all live in different parts of the world, im in the UK and this is my homeland this is my tharti and i will do what i can to protect it and my people.

Fair enough you may not agree with the current wars in iraq and afghanistan for example, however by rooting out evil from the countries it's being grown in its being prevented from flowering in our own, whether that be attacks or militant uprisings. Also think about the men and women who are risking their lives from our countries even though they dont agree on the wars themselves but just so that we can be less afraid of walking out during the day or working in high rise offices. Think about the reduction in heroine imports since operation herrick in afghanistan, if they werent there fighting insurgents then our drug and crime problems would be worse and its could be your kids coming across these drugs in schools.

So all in all if you want a career in the armed forces then the decision should be yours but in terms of sikhi i cant see much holding you back.

(i probably sound like i work as a recruitment officer...bur rest assured im not lol ... :p )

Bhul Chuk Maaf!

Gurfateh!!