Ghosts After Amritvela

Guest ~akal~

BELIEVE That god is listening and you are saying this prayer in FRONT of him
Thats whats the hardest thing to do. When a Singh taught me how to do chaur, he said "tusi socho ki Guru Nanak Sahib baithhay aa, te tusi chaur kar rahe ho". My response was "pher te hogi sewa". If we could convince ourselves that Gurujee is ang-sang, not only would our words and deeds be clean, our minds would be spotlessly clean as well. I understand exactly what you mean... :) ...You know what the hardest part is? It's to realize that your are actually "him"...Even you are...There is nobody expect him in this world...Rare are those who realize this...

We should, however, never stare at someone for a very long time...We should look at anyone for few seconds, if needed...Because you'll notice that after having a look at people you feel so restless...You feel that someone is staring at you and someone is thinking stuff about you...

The best thing to do is to stare at people's feet...And then feel your inside...You'll be thanking God...for keeping you at the sangat's feet...and for making you a "daas of his daasan.."...

Sometimes when we look at sangat, our mind starts thinking things...totally strange things which are nowhere related to God...like for example: this person makes her eyebrows and she thinks she loves god...see what I mean?...lol...And if we stare at their feet, we think that these feet are blessed and these people are blessed that god calls them to meet him... :)

I asked a question once about what is Naam. I got several responses: "Naam is a vibration", "Naam is spiritual consciousness" etc. It all felt so cool to type and read, but hollow to experience. Then one day sitting in the public transport bus I saw the security camera, and started smiling at it. I got my answer. This is what Naam is. We behave like angels when a security camera is around, but don't hesitate to think the dirtiest thoughts within ourselves and totally forget that He is watching. Waheguru...You are blessed...This state of NOT MERELY acknowledging Him watching over us, but rather EXPERIENCING it within ourselves is what Naam is. Like I said, so easy and cool to type it out on here, while I am myself light years away from the experience and lack the most remote feeling of it. Naam is you - yourself... You've realized it... :)

Back to topic. The mind "gets back" at you each time you do something to irritate it. Waking up at Amritvela and doing Nitnem is one big irritation. Keep going. Don't stop. At times I used to think "something" is in my house, and I realized who/what it was. It was the "ghosts" of all those bugs/spiders I didn't kill, rather captured them on the super sticky trap and left them there to die. Meditation, Meditation, Meditation...

Waheguru...

Not many people think like you Veerji...It's nice to see that you're so fond of god...

This is true love... :)

BELIEVE That god is listening and you are saying this prayer in FRONT of him
Thats whats the hardest thing to do. When a Singh taught me how to do chaur, he said "tusi socho ki Guru Nanak Sahib baithhay aa, te tusi chaur kar rahe ho". My response was "pher te hogi sewa". If we could convince ourselves that Gurujee is ang-sang, not only would our words and deeds be clean, our minds would be spotlessly clean as well. I understand exactly what you mean... :) ...You know what the hardest part is? It's to realize that your are actually "him"...Even you are...There is nobody expect him in this world...Rare are those who realize this...

We should, however, never stare at someone for a very long time...We should look at anyone for few seconds, if needed...Because you'll notice that after having a look at people you feel so restless...You feel that someone is staring at you and someone is thinking stuff about you...

The best thing to do is to stare at people's feet...And then feel your inside...You'll be thanking God...for keeping you at the sangat's feet...and for making you a "daas of his daasan.."...

Sometimes when we look at sangat, our mind starts thinking things...totally strange things which are nowhere related to God...like for example: this person makes her eyebrows and she thinks she loves god...see what I mean?...lol...And if we stare at their feet, we think that these feet are blessed and these people are blessed that god calls them to meet him... :)

I asked a question once about what is Naam. I got several responses: "Naam is a vibration", "Naam is spiritual consciousness" etc. It all felt so cool to type and read, but hollow to experience. Then one day sitting in the public transport bus I saw the security camera, and started smiling at it. I got my answer. This is what Naam is. We behave like angels when a security camera is around, but don't hesitate to think the dirtiest thoughts within ourselves and totally forget that He is watching. Waheguru...You are blessed...This state of NOT MERELY acknowledging Him watching over us, but rather EXPERIENCING it within ourselves is what Naam is. Like I said, so easy and cool to type it out on here, while I am myself light years away from the experience and lack the most remote feeling of it. Naam is you - yourself... You've realized it... :)

Back to topic. The mind "gets back" at you each time you do something to irritate it. Waking up at Amritvela and doing Nitnem is one big irritation. Keep going. Don't stop. At times I used to think "something" is in my house, and I realized who/what it was. It was the "ghosts" of all those bugs/spiders I didn't kill, rather captured them on the super sticky trap and left them there to die. Meditation, Meditation, Meditation...

Waheguru...

Not many people think like you Veerji...It's nice to see that you're so fond of god...

This is true love... :)

good posting!

rock on --

I wish what you say about me comes true :pray:

Your wish is our command -- so what say Mr. President? :lol:

This morning after amritvela, after i done ardas, i lay in bed, and there was a bag near my bed , i was staring at it, and someone was slowly opening the zip and closing it, i couldn't see anything but it kept happening, i didn't know what to do so i just reached the bag and started shakin it, then i woke up and realised it was a dream although it felt so real.

This kind of thing always happens after amritvela, when i lay in bed. Its always different things. Sometimes its someone on my bed jumping, poking me, pulling my pillow, hitting me. There was one time where i felt alot of pain. i never ever see anything but feel the movement and energy.The dreams seem so real beacause the room is always laid out as it is in reality at the time, like if i adjust something in my room, its adjusted in the dream. That's why it feels so real, but i always end up waking up to realise they are just dreams.

I try my best not to sleep after amritvela but sometimes i'm like let me have a little rest, then before i know it i'm asleep having these nightmares.

The obvious solution is to not to sleep after amritvela ,but sometimes its beyond my control because i'm too tired.

i don't know why i have these repetitive scary dreams that seem so real, is it wrong to sleep after amritvela? i mean have i done something wrong? i don't get it.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ki fateh

I have come across people who had similar problems as you.

One thing that i found common in all the cases was that they had & were doing Beadbi of some sort or the other whether knowingly or unknowingly.

All of them had Guru Sahib jeeo's swaroop at home as a tradition carried forward from their ancestors.

Don't know whether the families were Amritdhari but knew that they weren't following Gurmat & Rehat.

Therefore i would strongly advice to introspect and check your state.

Overcome any shortcoming's.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ki fateh

when you do your nitnem keep a bowl of water nearby, afterwards, lightly flick the water around your room. don't worry, this is just a stage, it will pass. it happened to me too. paath is not liked by some, so they try to stop the paath. keep it up. best advice i can offfer you after having been through all this, the more you worry about it, the more real it seems. the less you think about it, the less power it will have over you. nothing can actually physically damage you, if they could, they alreaady would have. just keep doing what you're doing.

also, i recommend remaining awake post-amritvela. i think this adds a lot of hours to the day and is really helpful for school/work. just compensate by going to sleep earlier at night.

ive felt someone pressing on me with great force when i use to go to sleep after amritvela but it stopped once i stoped worrying that it would keep happening to me.

Thats the exactly the same thing that happened to me, i've never ever felt that much force on my body before, thats when i couldn't take it, because it hurt so much, the weight was so much and it kept pushing down with huge force.

That happens sometimes when you're asleep but awake at the same time, its called sleep paralysis. It passes after a while, its a normal thing. It'll stop happening with time...as you get used it.

• 12 years later...
Guest Pooja

Mahapurakh said ignore them.Don't afraid(you are stronger than them).Never make friendship with ghost our relationship only with God

Real,dream,Good,bad ghost/etc...

Actually they are many types based on your journey levels, karma....

Do and Don't list of PREVENTION(found fews but notice no bramhghiani/sadhu shared maybe it's fall under not allowable).Hence not sharing any....

Clues: Easier way Der even with No chant....

the above tips of shared by others was very basic levels(definitely not useful for those in deep journey)

Guest Pooja

100% very sure can sleep after amritvela..

Mostly all bramhghiani ,sadhu sleep this time(as they awake whole night)...

This war happened mainly when you sleep regardless *timing*...

Various forms/categories will attack,can be charming wale,u might not remember 

(it's real which entered via door of dream to REAL @tricky wale Woh Sare,they know Ur weak points or person .....u meet that person in dream they enter to real war start)

Dream is dream different...

Weapons-Naam,***Image***,Fight Be Bahadur Never give up,etc

Yes It's very torturing....but it's guide,teach,test you

On 9/18/2008 at 6:04 AM, Guest _akal_ said:

Thats the exactly the same thing that happened to me, i've never ever felt that much force on my body before, thats when i couldn't take it, because it hurt so much, the weight was so much and it kept pushing down with huge force.

according to me: its good that you are bringing it up. but there's nothing to be scared of.

it happens to most of us and we just have to trick the mind and tell our mind that its nothing or if it happens again I am ready to face it instead to getting scared. do Ardaas in front of guru to give to power to deal with it.

or maybe you are watching to many horror movies and your subconscious mind stores everything and play it afterwards as a dream: just joking 

I had these too and I did find out why I do get these. Especially after amritvela when your mind is tired, I was tired and I do get scary dreams like this. I did some research and usually when you often get scary dreams is means you are changing. Your lifestyle is changing, I could relate to it. I was just at the feet of sikhi. Till now still at the feet of guru sahib. Nothing more. And as my daily lifestyle is changing and something was stopping me. That's why I used to get these dreams. Yes, my family and siblings live a different lifesiand they were stopping me. After many many scary dreams . It stops. The mind is now fully adjusted to the new lifestyle. Just sharing ehat I believe. I am always at the feet of the sangat.