Why Marry ?

adina

gur fateh jio!!

guys

is it bad fr an amritdhari sikh girl to be independent,have a great career,never marry,adopt a kid and never do bad stuff(like an affair etc etc)

i mean is it necessary to live acc to our punjabi culture or gur sikhi??

my czn is like this

im confused abt her

hence this post............

feedback and advice needed!!!!!!!

its not bad at all some ppl never get married its not like they live a lonely life but God has others things in store for them.

i kno a singhni and shes almost 30 and she doesnt plan on getting married she prays to God to keep her attached to him and not get wrapped in a gristee jeevan meaning career and family oriented lol i dont kno how to translate plus my punjabi sucks lol

but yea theres this baba ji and hes never been married and hes busy writing books!

Its funny because ever since i was lil i would talk bout getting married i said i would marry my cousins dog lol and my sister has allways said she doesnt want to get married and guess what she doesnt believe in marriage but shes another story :6 lol

i hope i kinda helped lol

oh andd i knew of this one old lady and she never got married just helped raise all the kids in her family basically and she was happy but i do believe marriage is such a beautiful thing where 2 souls merge into one! :D

I wouldnt say its bad but say sikh women...those who have the capability to give birth to the next generation of Sikhs....said they dont intend on gettin married.... do you see where im taking this...

It aint bad but but being a Bibi... you WILL get ALOT of stick from family and alot of people will talk about you...pretty much for the rest of your life.......unless you're not punjabi, then you might get away with it

Before going on with this discussion, you ought to layout your understanding of marriage first -- from the people I have talked to, marriage is not what you might think it is, or vice versa. So it's better for you or your friend to lay it out first and speak in terms of their perspective, and then start to talk about, what, to some extent, is marriage.

Today, the world thinks in general -- marriage is getting closer to the opposite sex by means of a ceremony, further reinforced with an agreement -- which is nonsense.

...but i do believe marriage is such a beautiful thing where 2 souls merge into one!
This rarely happens, even with so-called "amritdhari" families...

lol ^^^^^ thats why i dont ever feel inclined to marry...........lol...............simply because the institution of marriage isnt what it should be..............two souls that are vessels for Gods energy to flow through.............thats Marraige................but again very rare in this world...........