Sikh or Singh

Evaluate the following quote: You must first become a Sikh, only then you may become a Singh  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Evaluate the following quote: You must first become a Sikh, only then you may become a Singh

• I agree!
    • No, first be a Singh, then only become a Sikh
    • Isn't that the same thing?
    • I don't know what either of them are

ure a disciple (sikh) of the guru if u obey the hukam. then u can turn singh if u take amrit. first sikh then singh.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

a singh il be sikh for da whole life i fink. sikh means sikhnaaa (to learn). a guru da singh learns a new leson everyday. grin.gif duno much. lik 2 knw sangat's views.

bhul chuk maaf,

Sat Sri Akal:

"guroo sikh sikh guroo hai eaeko gur oupadhaes chalaaeae ||

The Guru's Sikh, and the Sikh's Guru, are one and the same; both spread the Guru's Teachings."

(Guru Raam Daas Ji, Raag Aasaa, 444).

The ultimate pinncale of a Sikh is to become like the Guru. That is the epitome of a Sikh. To start on this path, one should become a Singh/Kaur (women are Sikhs too!!!!) first.

Bhul Chuk Maaf.

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Just one thing I found that seems to be relevant to this topic:

On the title bar of http://www.saintsoldiers.net is the following quotation:

"An ideal Sikh is a saint first, then, if necessary, a soldier"

This would agree with the idea that one must be a Sikh (saint), and then only be a soldier (Singh).

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Gurfateh Ji.

To define such terms is not possible. How can we define a Sikh and a Singh, we are not able to think in a broad enough spectrum to even understand it. To me, personally, sikh is a person willing to learn a Singh is a person who is willing to learn with Guru Gobind Singh Ji teachings.

But with my way of thinking, every1 is a Sikh, but only those that are AmritShak are Khalsa, hence Singhs.

This works well for me as i know if i think in this way then i cannot differentiate between sikhs and non-sikhs because all are Sikhs. (Manas Ki Jat Sab Ek he Pachvano)

But saying to a muslim hindu etc that they are Sikh causes them pain, so it is best not to say it, but also, saying to a person that they are not a Sikh causes them a pain, this shows that they truly are sikhs.

To define a Sikh and Singh is beyond my understanding, but as will all things of great beauty, you cant describe it, you can only live and feel it.

Gurfateh Ji

Akasi Singh