Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

I have seen lots of translations of the Sri Guru Granth Sahib (as I am really poor in Punjabi). BUT, this is the first one that I have seen... that actually rhymes!

Please check it out: GuruGranthSahib.com

Now I know that when I read it, it "feels" much better than the non-translated versions, but is that OK? I mean it is possible that some translation may have gotten lost in the process of making it rhyme.

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Sat Sri Akal:

Interesting effort...but something ALWAYS gets lost in translation. The origonal text always has sayings and phrases that cannot be translated with the same meaning (want to try...just translate "Where my dogs at?" Say that to some Punjabi only speaking people and you will be in the hospital for a few months!!!).

Just I have never heard of this SikhOL group...anyone know who they are?

As of now they only have the first 30 pages of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji translated to English.

Kushwant Singh has a Japji Sahib book with translation in verse

and Kartar Singh Duggal was working on the translation of the whole Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji in verse

I think at the time he had finished nearly 2/3's of it. I'll try to find the email with the details if I still have it.

I think I remember reading that he was translating one page per day.

Guest SikhForLife

just see how IkOnKar is translated.. :T:

remember there are too many self proclaimed "gianis" or philosophers out there and they interepret gurbani differently.. so always question and match the translations with different sources..

this swami rama ji is it the same one who used to stay at Ratwara Sahib with baba Waryam Singh Ji. If it is that is fantastic i remember in 1995 they said they had translated about 500 pages of the satguru.

He was a fantastic devotee of God and had great knowledge of Sikhi as was a disiple of baba Ishar Singh Ji and best friend of Baba Waryam Singh Ji

Can somebody clarify if the translation is by them