The Mind And The Soul...

Gurfateh jee,

I was having a conversation with my brother last night, he was saying that although the soul always stays the same whilst it goes through many different life forms, the mind changes. For example when your a human you have a more complex mind, to be able to make decisions, express feelings/emotions etc. However if you took a life form as an animal, your mind will change to fit the thinking of an animal...

So basically at every life form you're mann changes?

Im a bit confused, can sangat give any thoughts, and back them up with gurbani please.

Thanks,

Gurfateh jee

Gurfateh jee,

I was having a conversation with my brother last night, he was saying that although the soul always stays the same whilst it goes through many different life forms, the mind changes. For example when your a human you have a more complex mind, to be able to make decisions, express feelings/emotions etc. However if you took a life form as an animal, your mind will change to fit the thinking of an animal...

Im a bit confused, can sangat give any thoughts, and back them up with gurbani please.

Thanks,

Gurfateh jee

it probably does limit itself to the sareer that its in, i mean you wouldn't see a donkey playing football :)

Gurfateh jee,

Thanks,

Gurfateh jee

forgive me for my foolish question in advance.. i might be looking at this post from a very different perspective (fools perspective)...

but what is soul? and or who does it belong to?=) maybe start from there?...

the question popped in my head because in ur post u said

However if you took a life form as an animal, your mind will change to fit the thinking of an animal...

im just curious if it bothers u that the soul will/might become an animal and not be able to think like a human?

or are u trying to understand something else here?

bhul chuk muaff karni

wjkk wjkf!

The mind is a projection of the external world, the mind is not your true nature. Everything to a certain degree has been absorbed inwards nothing has projected outwards. We may argue that we do project outwards for example the thought process, speech, actions etc etc…yes true, but the original action was for the mind to take in, the mind to assimilate then the mind performs its actions. As complex as it may be the mind is not your true quality or nature. In short, in human form the mind knows rational thought, this enables us to think and use logic. In most animal forms with the exception of three, rational thought and logic is less more so the animal is motivated by desire, to survive, eat, sleep, defecate, sex not that much different to how some people choose to live. This is the unconscious existence.