Apniyaa Kuriyyaa

So_Gupt

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dear 'kaur_khalistani_lioness' jee,

You have raised some interesting issues in relation to reaching out and connecting .

Firstly ,reaching out and connecting ,in the sense mentioned ,is not any action resulting

from the ego and sheer mind .Rather ,its acting in accordance with Gurujee's hukum to share

sikhi with those directed to you by Gurujee .Because Gurujee is 'alive' and interacting with His

sikhs constantly ,you know it in your consciousness when ppl are sent your way or events(big and trivial),create conditions for you to meet certain ppl ,sometimes in unpredictable and mysterious ways .

Sikhi is not to be shared in the fanatical common method you find in some religions .Rather sikhi is all those Guru blessed thoughts ,words and actions that emanate from a gursikh's life spreading to those ,that ,that gursikh comes into contact with like an infectious virus .Hence,such gurmat parchar has nothing to do, with the fear of dilution of the strength of your love and faith in Gurujee and Sikhi .We sikhs did not build our powerful historical legacy though a feeling of fear or vulnerability of the moghuls .Rather we focussed on doing the right thing ,even in the midst of defeat ,faillure and losses till we suceeded .You cannot wait till you are a perfected saint before you start helping others .You have to start exactly where you are ,and beg Gurujee everyday to give you strength to bring both yourself and others closer to Gurujee .Nothing can beat the humbleness of a gursikh ,both in his/her gentle loving care extended to others ,as well as in his/her relationship to Gurujee .When Gurujee gives his blessing ,even the weakest Sikh can become a tower and pillar of strength to guide others .

So,my advice is not to get bogged down into mind clutter about who and how many ''lost souls '' you need to ''save '' and how thats going to sap your emotional strength and weaken your sikhi . Sikhi is infact about creating fearless saint warriors that Gurujee uses to bless ,help and give hope to this world .Sikhi is about being immersed in naam within ,but at the same time ,connected and reaching out to a world needing Gurujee's blessed sikhs . Sikhi is like learning on the job i.e u become a better sikh as you learn and put into practise what you learn ,sometimes through trial and error .In my life sometimes my emotions have received the harshest battering.All our trials ,testings ,tribulations we have to undergo whilst helping others only makes us stronger and gives us stamina and teach us the art of staying strong and committed constantly .The more you interact with others ,faster u lose yur shyness ,gain confidence and learn what to share when ,with whom ,how much ,and how to share ,and how not to end up getting lost yourself .After all sikhi focusses big time on vand ke shekna and sewa and helping,loving and standing up for others .

Interesting posts above, I wasn't looking forward to how these girls have become engaged in such worldy thoughts/things etcc, I need to know if anything can be done. Anyone round Birmingham can organise a lecture or something ??? I will be more then happy if our Sikh penjiies came and took part in, it could change there lives!! If anyone is willing to help me then please message me, so that something could be organised, so that guru ji's message is spread Anyonee ?? really need to do this because I'm really concerenred !!

Vaheguroo Jee Kaa Khalsa, Vaheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Some really good posts gone up, particurlarly by Humkire.... we need to create that pyaar, relationship with the wider sangat, so what if they aren't following the path, how many of us are TRULY are following the path? I've recently been reading "The Game of Love" vaheguroo.... this book needs to be bought and needs to be read by everyone and anyone (so much inspiration)....there are so many examples of Great Gursikhs from the last 30/40years who have had such an amazing effect on ppl around them just by staying in their house, or doing some sort of sangat with them...how did they have this effect? by having a jeevan worthy of someone advocates the true principles of Sikhi..

i've gone off the point a bit but we have to be that inspiration for other people, I've been inspired by so many Singh's/Singhneeya, so you can imagine how people might be inspired by you walking down the street but you dont understand that, you dont realise that someone might be thinking, WOW, i wish i could be like that, i wish i could tie a dastaar like that, i wish i could be proud enough to wear my sri saahib... but that person may never get to realise those things because they havent spoken to you....you haven't looked in their direction and smiled...

we fundementally have to stop differentiating ourselves from people....we are meant to be the dust of everyones feet, which you can't be by thinking, "your a monah, i aint talking to you" (or along those lines!)...

i'm just rambling on and haven't made any sense......im just hungry and on my lunch break!

Vaheguroo Jee Kaa Khalsa, Vaheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

VaheGuru Ji Ka Khalsa

VaheGuru Ji Ki Fateh!

Just wanted to share my experience of having talked to a Singhni yesterday . . I walked into reception at Uni when I noticed a Singhni was standing there, (her Dastaar looked amazing!) I had this urge to greet her but then thoughts kept coming to my mind like what if she doesn't want to know as I'm not a Singhni myself but I just went up to her & started talking!

You should have seen the look on her face, she was so happy I cannot express how lovely that moment was! I even told her that I thought she wouldn't talk to me as I'm not a Singhni myself. But she was so amazed that I was even into Sikhi and she was thinking that I might have probably just seen her and classed her as a terrorist, haha!

Just from taking that one step we both have become friends/penjis. It's just amazing how GuruJi makes us cross paths with people. If we stop thinking negative and drop all the restrictions in our mind only then we can spread the pyar and light of Sikhi.

Anyway, I hope I'm not going off topic but just wanted to post this up in order to encourage my fellow pyaarehoh to open up and recognise everyone as one (GuruJi's children) and I hope that if a non Singh/Singhni does come up to you, you will not judge them but greet them with pyar & respect and acknowledge that light in them . . just like this Singhni did to me!

Akaaal!! :)

VaheGuru Ji Ka Khalsa

VaheGuru Ji Ki Fateh!

wowwww kammy kaur jee, thats a beautiful story/experience u just mentioned .

it inspired me a lot .relli touching.i hope you both relli luv each other lots nd do

lots xciting things together .In one sakhi ,GURU GOBIND SINGH JEE actually states

that when HE is pleased with you ,HE sends a sikh your way .Whenever a fellow Sikh

comes my way ,something alerts me that Gurujee is behind it and that its a special treat from GURUJEE ,yummy!!!!!!

infact gurbani says ''aae milh gursikh aaeh milh ,tu mere guru ke piareh ''.

''tudh aavet mera man tan hrea'' and ''aao ji tu aao hamare,harjas tum sang gavna ''

''gursikha ki har dhoorh deh,hum papi bhi gat paeh ''.

meeting a sikh should be like such an extraordinary ,exciting event ,that relli lifts us up because a sikh of GURUJEE carries in their hearts ,minds ,souls and consciousness, the joy ,the blessing ,the love ,the presence ,the power ,the grace ,and the beautiful charm of GURUJEE .Imagine how great it is to meet a sikh who can soothe your heart ,lift your soul ,excite your passion ,revitalise your energy levels etc by quoting and telling you verses from GURBANI ,from bhai nand lal ,bhai gurdas varan ,by telling you anecdotes from the lifes of our GURUS ,by quoting you beautiful poetry from bhai vir singh /prof puran singh ,etc etc etc .When my tabla playing friends visit ,we sit together and do keertan ,and even my non sikh (white)housem8s and tenants sit and listen and enjoy it .

i relli do not know what else is there to share with anyone apart from sikhi and sikhi love !!!

VaheGuru Ji Ka Khalsa

VaheGuru Ji Ki Fateh!

Just wanted to share my experience of having talked to a Singhni yesterday . . I walked into reception at Uni when I noticed a Singhni was standing there, (her Dastaar looked amazing!) I had this urge to greet her but then thoughts kept coming to my mind like what if she doesn't want to know as I'm not a Singhni myself but I just went up to her & started talking!

You should have seen the look on her face, she was so happy I cannot express how lovely that moment was! I even told her that I thought she wouldn't talk to me as I'm not a Singhni myself. But she was so amazed that I was even into Sikhi and she was thinking that I might have probably just seen her and classed her as a terrorist, haha!

Just from taking that one step we both have become friends/penjis. It's just amazing how GuruJi makes us cross paths with people. If we stop thinking negative and drop all the restrictions in our mind only then we can spread the pyar and light of Sikhi.

Anyway, I hope I'm not going off topic but just wanted to post this up in order to encourage my fellow pyaarehoh to open up and recognise everyone as one (GuruJi's children) and I hope that if a non Singh/Singhni does come up to you, you will not judge them but greet them with pyar & respect and acknowledge that light in them . . just like this Singhni did to me!

VaheGuru Ji Ka Khalsa

VaheGuru Ji Ki Fateh!

u are such an amazing person,

VaheGuru Ji Ka Khalsa

VaheGuru Ji Ki Fateh!

VaheGuru Ji Ka Khalsa

VaheGuru Ji Ki Fateh!

u are such an amazing person,

VaheGuruJi Ka Khalsa

VaheGuru Ji Ki Fateh

I think what you meant to say was that, that Singhni is such an amazing person! Anyway off topic . . Sorry!

Akaaal!

VaheGuruJi Ka Khalsa

VaheGuruJi Ki Fateh