Help Please

TejiKaur

Gurufateh g,

I really need help right now. Please don't dismiss this or think it is sillyness. I know that it does not seem like a real problem but it really is.

As the 300 sal anniversary gets closer a weight which is on my heart gets hevier. I really want to do something amazing and huge for Guru ji on that day. The problem is what???? This is really making me hurt alot.

I know it sounds silly. I also know that Satguru ji is always happy nanak vigsai veparvahu

but I just feel like God has given me so much

whenever I need anything Satguru ji is always there

Gurubani makes me happy on an day to day basis

I knoe that as Sikhs days are days and we should do seva everyday

.................................thats the sad thing I know all this i dont haf to b told

but still I just want to give Guru ji the world'''''''''''''''''''''''''

and I have nothing to give

its like a constant pull

I want to do something that will make Guru Granth Sahib jis message appriciated worldwide

I just want to do a fraction of what Guru ji has done for me

I want to build a huge house for God n dedicate my mind and body to him

but it feels so i dunno.......................

4 years ago during a time of great dukhi i became interested in Sikhi

since than my mind has fallen desperatly in love with bani

and with Guru ji

i have never felt the prem and the bliss which i feel from satguru ji in any other place

God has come into my life and purified it

i feel so helpless and hurt when i realize my limits

i mean physically im just an 18 yr old girl

and im studying rite now n grades r important cuz i want to be a doctor one day

when i do my dream is to travel to 3rd world countries esp punjab and give ppl free surgeries for cancer and stuff

i feel like sometimes I put my studies above God but I wud never want to because God is way more important

i know its weird cause in a sense im studying so I can do God's seva but i dunno im so scared of losing my path n nitnem

than il hear ppl say that wen someone gets religious they r good for nothin

it will b like poison to my ears

ill hear ppl say o that boy is a baba now n hes not gonna do anything but stay nalaik

it feels like guru jis izit is at stake and i cant stand it so frustrating

ppl say that so and so does path all day they dont work

but this is so contary to what satguru ji taght

he taught us to live like the lotuse anjan maiyay niranjan raheeeai

kahe nanak guru parsade jina live lagee tine vichay maya paiya

than my goal of becoming a surgoen one day becomes more and more confirmed

now I am so busy with studies losing weight ( i used to b very over weight due to polycystic ovarian syndrom)

and Guru Granth Sahib jis Gurgaddi day is so close and every day i feel giultier and more determined

no matter what God comes first my whole reason for studying is God

my life is for God

basically I just want to make Guru ji pleased

waheguru i feeel like such a nutcase rite now and i have second thoughts about posting this

but mayb there is a gursikh out there who can help me

tears are rolling down as I rite this waheguru

i dont know y yi feel this way but it hurts i feel stuck like their are chains around me

for this yr i tried to learn path

with Gods grace I can do my nitnem by heart now just finished jaap sahib but since june fifth of this year my aim was to learn an ang of guru granth sahib ji a day

so mny days have passed and ive only learned 30 :( since june 5th

also my other goal was to finish this book im writing i was supposed to finish it by march

im still not done it was a book on sikhi

and I still havent finished translating japji sahib into italian

but I have been able to do my school work

does this mean im not giving God the priority i shud

i try my best i mean its like i cant win

n i feel so guilty for it n it hurts alot

i know guru ji doesnt want to give me chinta but he wants to take it away

but thinking of guru jis greatness honestly makes me feel worse

what do i do

i feel so horrible :(

please if there is any1 out with any suggestions of something I can do for guru jis gurgaddi day pls let me know

sorry for my rantings dhan waheguru

A humble ardas to Gurujee from the bottom of your heart in the presence of GURU GRANTH SAHIB over what you can do for that day and then followed by a Hukumnama through which Gurujee will speak to you as to what He expects from you on that day which will also be felt within your heart and mind .

Don't feel silly mate, half of the Sikh World feels exactly like you right now!! This isn't the first time either - 2004 400th Pehila Parkash & 1999 300th Khalsa Panth - but it sounds form what you have said that you are already on the right path and doing plenty of wholesome activities. In fact to some, it might be a little worrying that somebody who is doing all of these things is feeling so down, but in actual fact it's quite reasonable. It is not easy walking in step with the Guru, tuning in to the Akal Purkh's frequency. Try to remember that the Almighty is everything, all is by His will, what comes to pass is the Divine Design.

If you are looking for something to do, read Gurbani and better understand it. Reciting it from heart is not the same as comprehending it and then putting it into practice. That takes time, effort and assistance. I chose to do this for my venture Naujawani:Radio to get a daily show going, but also to reward myself, regardless of how many listeners tune in!! Every day I interpret and do English katha of the hukumnama from Harmandir Sahib. It takes a couple of hours from start to finish, reading writing and then recording the show, but it is well worth it! I have quite a lot of experience in Sikh studies and circles, but I was blown away by some of the interpretations that I have been picking up from Dr Gopal Singh, how he differs from Gurbachan Singh Talib, where there are similarities with Manmohan Singh's SGPC steek and then of course how it all compares to Dr Sahib Singh's steek (Sikhnet Hukumnama katha is based on this). On top of this, referencing with Trumpp's thoughts and numerous veechar from varied sources etc... It is mind-blowing that we have all of this at our fingertips and are not utilising it!

I think that if anybody wants to really celebrate the Guru Granth Sahib's 300th gurgaddi divas in a manner pleasing to the Guru, take it upon yourself to listen, read and understand Gurbani. Join study circles to discuss different interpretations and most importantly, alone and in groups, contemplate what you are learning. Then maybe we can put into practice what we are preaching (or are preached!) Vidhiya veecharee ta praupkaree!

I liked sikhvibes answer above too and it would be great if all us Sikhs did that. After all that is what Guru Nanak did for 240 years here :) but to do it alongside your contemplation of the Shabad would be ideal, no?

A humble ardas to Gurujee from the bottom of your heart in the presence of GURU GRANTH SAHIB over what you can do for that day and then followed by a Hukumnama through which Gurujee will speak to you as to what He expects from you on that day which will also be felt within your heart and mind .

yes penjie, take hukamnama, and you will be provided with a hukam (command) and then follow that hukam (command).

Everything will be ok then :D

we are really lucky because we get to share, ask, get advice not from nyone but from ou guru jiii >> Guuru Granth Sahib Jii<< . Makess me Happyy !!

Guest shastr

give guru ji sava lakh mool mantar. if u do 32 mala's a day, it'll take u like 40 days. or if ur already into doing abhiyaas, get some jap ji sahib's going, like 51 a day or something. and if ur really up there, just do a sehaj paath every week.

"prabh ka simran, sab tey oocha"

Flowers...try taking flowers for Maharaj ji...

I usually take one rose...and leave it by the Rumala Sahib...It stays there...as long as I get a new one... =)

I just love Maharaj ji...see he actually waitttttttsss for me to get him a new flower...thats so cute...

What will I ever do without him?!

gauVI mhlw 5 ]

gourree mehalaa 5 |

Gauree, Fifth Mehl:

gur jI ky drsn kau bil jwau ]

gur jee kae dharasan ko bal jaao |

I am a sacrifice to the Blessed Vision of the Guru's Darshan.

jip jip jIvw siqgur nwau ]1]

jap jap jeevaa sathigur naao |1|

Chanting and meditating on the Name of the True Guru, I live. ||1||

pwrbRhm pUrn gurdyv ]

paarabreham pooran guradhaev |

O Supreme Lord God, O Perfect Divine Guru,

kir ikrpw lwgau qyrI syv ]1] rhwau ]

kar kirapaa laago thaeree saev |1| rehaao |

show mercy to me, and commit me to Your service. ||1||Pause||

crn kml ihrdY aur DwrI ]

charan kamal hiradhai our dhaaree |

I enshrine His Lotus Feet within my heart.

mn qn Dn gur pRwn ADwrI ]2]

man than dhan gur praan adhaaree |2|

I offer my mind, body and wealth to the Guru, the Support of the breath of life. ||2||

sPl jnmu hovY prvwxu ]

safal janam hovai paravaan |

My life is prosperous, fruitful and approved;

guru pwrbRhmu inkit kir jwxu ]3]

gur paarabreham nikatt kar jaan |3|

I know that the Guru, the Supreme Lord God, is near me. ||3||

sMq DUir pweIAY vfBwgI ]

santh dhoor paaeeai vaddabhaagee |

By great good fortune, I have obtained the dust of the feet of the Saints.

nwnk gur Bytq hir isau ilv lwgI ]4]70]139]

naanak gur bhaettath har sio liv laagee |4|70|139|

O Nanak, meeting the Guru, I have fallen in love with the Lord. ||4||70||139||

Flowers...try taking flowers for Maharaj ji...

I usually take one rose...and leave it by the Rumala Sahib...It stays there...as long as I get a new one... =)

I just love Maharaj ji...see he actually waitttttttsss for me to get him a new flower...thats so cute...

What will I ever do without him?!

awww vaheguru

that soo beautiful =)...

something i have learned from someone in my life...and thought i would share it with u too..since u have such a pure heart!...

since we are guided by guru sahib to serve the creation, and how guru sahib says his golak is the mouth of the poor?...why not give a flower to someone who is in need...such as a child, adult, or bajuurag who longs for a caring hand/love ..and make them feel...(i am always in loss of words when it comes to the feelins/ emotions/inspirtion brought by thoughtful acts of human beings). flowers, hugs, smiles...have such power which is hard to describe, and it changes life of the giver and receiver drastically in a mystical way=)

apply it in ur life if u feel its worth it and makes sense to u :)

jus put in very simple words...Guru sahib(jyot) waits for us in his/her creation and works through us ..

vaheguru

bhul chuk muaf karni...

(if you want to read gurbani ..here is just one of the shabds..http://sikhitothemax.com/page.asp?ShabadID=993)